Alive

Our Own World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AMBER

I woke up when I felt the warm radiance of the sun on my face. I looked at round window beside the bed and noticed that the boat wasn’t moving. I stood up and grab my coat to look outside this boring cabin. There I saw the crew, relaxing while Donghae-hyung observes the map on his hand.

 

“Why did we stop?” I asked confuse.

 

“Well, we actually arrived at our destination few minutes ago,” Donghae said. “But, we’re not allowed to go any further.”

 

I looked at him confusedly. Going any further? I thought. I looked around and saw nothing but bodies of water surrounding us.

 

“This confuse me.”

 

“Of course you are,” Donghae said with sarcastic hint on his voice.

 

“See right there?” He pointed at the horizon. “Look closely and tell me what you see.”

 

I narrowed my eyes and tried to look at what he is looking. I saw nothing at first but for a few good minutes, I saw some kind of gate and a huge wall.

 

“You finally see it,” He looked at me with a smirk on his lips and patted my back.

 

“We can only see it,” Donghae said. “Us grims are the only ones’ who can see the gate of death.”

 

“Gate of death?” I asked grimly. We were speaking in low tone so that his crew won’t know where we are.

 

“The sailboat is ready, captain.” One of Donghae’s crew said. He nodded his head and gave me a smile.

 

“You’re ready, Ber.” I must’ve looked nervous because Donghae hugged like I was going to die.

 

“Be safe.” With that, he accompanied me to the sailboat. I bid good bye to his crew and smiled at Donghae.

 

I proceed on going down the ship, to the sailboat and hurriedly paddled to the gates. The gate automatically opened, signaling me to come in. With shaking hands and heavy feet, I sailed in with a brave face.

 

The gate closed immediately after I came in. There were no sign of Donghae’s ship anywhere. There were only rocks around me and damaged boats. As I go further, the temperature increases and sweats starts to come out of my body. I can see some kind of creatures in chains looking at me but they weren’t attacking.  

 

I passed the unknown animals and halted the boat on a ragged dock. I saw a spear, placed on a rock with a hand made of bones wrapped around it. I took the spear and removed the bones.

 

Following a path with bones on the side made me feel in hell. This must’ve be hell. The dark atmosphere and hot air makes me feel less comfortable in following the path of bones. It’s like following a trail to my own death bed.

 

I shrugged the thought out of my head and cleared my mind. I need to get to my sisters' soul and pay a visit to those damn alchemist.

 

Finally, I saw a dim of light at the end of this horrid path. I quickly run to it and stopped. The whole place was filled with jars that glow white. A three headed hound statue near the only exit and entrance of the room. A fountain that is placed near the throne and instead of water, screaming souls went up and down. It was horrifying. To think that my dad is friends with death.

 

“Well, well, well, what do we have here?” A voice echoed. “The so called lords of the two worlds.” A laugh was followed.

 

“Do you think, a mere child like you, can be the lord?”

 

“I think not.”  The voice whispered on my ear.

 

I turned around only to earn a hit on my stomach. I heard my bone break and I tasted blood I my mouth.

 

“To think I was afraid of you, ruining my plans,” He said. “You, a child of the king and queen, you’re just a rat.”

 

I felt the impact on my back as he threw me across the room. I can’t move but still I feel my bones going back together.

 

“I can’t kill you, but I can use you like your father,”

 

This guy’s isn’t a friend of my dad. I thought. He’s nuts.

 

I watch him glide his way to the throne and sat comfortably on it. He took a sip of something red-ish drink and his lips clean. Now that I properly looked at his face, he has yellow ice, pale skin, sharp teeth, and white and black hair.

 

“Who are you?” I asked, even though it was a whimper.

 

“Me? Well I’m the infamous monster in the world!” He said. “Some calls me, hybrid, wolf, vampire. But you can call me Jackson, the lord of the h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter