Chapter 10

Live and Let Die

When Choi and Yubin returned home their put away their groceries.

"What did Jiyong mean by all that?" Yubin asked.

Choi shook his head. "Nothing."

"No, it is something. You always shake your head and say 'nothing'. But it is something, I can tell. What is it?" Yubin demanded.

"Its a long story." Choi said as he put some food away in the fridge.

"I have time." Yubin grabbed Choi's hands, preventing him from putting away any more food. Choi looked at Yubin, she beginning to tear up. "Please,"

"Jiyong is not who you think he is. He is dangerous. And I'm guessing he has been lying to you since you two met." Choi began. "Jiyong is, he is," Choi debated telling Yubin about Jiyong's gang involvement. But that would mean telling her about his own gang involvement. "He isn't someone you should go near anymore."

Choi left it at that and Yubin didn't bother asking any other questions.

For dinner Yubin made spaghetti and meat balls. The dinner table was awkwardly quiet. Yubin and Choi didn't say anything, they just ate their dinner.

"Yubin, this is really good! And Choi I want to thank you for all you have given us. You are a really good person." Seungri said as he twirled some more noodles in his mouth.

Choi nodded and went back to eating.

After dinner Choi and Yubin went to their rooms in silence and went to bed.

The next morning Choi woke Yubin up at 6:30. "C'mon, time to wake up." Choi shook Yubin up.

Yubin opened her eyes and saw a nicely dressed Choi standing in front of her. "Mmmm, yea." Yubin checked her new watch that Choi had bought for her yesterday. "You are up awfully early on a Sunday."

"Yea, well, its Sunday....We gotta go to church." Choi said as he picked out a nice Sunday Mass dress of Yubin. "Your brother is already up and dressed. He said that you guys used to go to church but stopped when you dad left your mom." Choi handed Yubin the dress. "Hurry, Mass starts at 7."

Yubin was surprised about Choi's devotion to his religion. "Thats funny, you don't strike me a religious man."

"Yea, well, me neither. I hated going to church as a kid. But my mom was such a religious person. When she died I thought I was in the clear, that I wouldn't have to go to church ever again. But I felt a strange need to go. I guess her religiousness rubbed off on me." Choi shrugged.

After Yubin changed they walked to Choi's car and to Choi's church. Choi was a Catholic, and his church was called Roman Catholic Diocese. It was filled with immigrants from Mexico.

"Holla senor Choi! Como estas?" A tall hispanic man walked up to Choi and shook his hand.

"Bien bien, y tu?" Choi asked the man.

"You speak Spanish?" Yubin asked Choi.

Choi nodded. "Padre, esto es Yubin y su hermano Seungri. Ellos se quedan conmigo por un tiempo." Choi said to the man.

"Que hermosa mujer! Es tu novia?" The Father asked.

"No, no. Ella es solo un amigo." Choi laughed. "Adios Padre, vamos a tomar nuestros asientos ahora." Choi led Yubin and Seungri to some seats in the front.

"Is this all going to be in Spanish?" Yubin asked worried that she would not understand any of it.

"Oh, no. Half the people here do not understand Spanish. I just like speaking with Father in Spanish." Choi said.

After church Choi treated Yubin and Seungri to lunch at a fancy restaurant.

"So, when did you learn Spanish?" Yubin asked Choi.

"When I was real little. I had a bunch of maids that spoke Spanish and some of my friends did too. And I live in Las Cruces. Its hard not to. Im surprised you don't know any." Choi said eating some food.

"Wow, you are totally a different person then what I had thought." Yubin said.
----------------------
English-spanish
Holla senor Choi! Como estas?~Hello Mr Choi! How are you?

Bien, Bien y tu?~Just fine, you?

Padre, esto es Yubin y su hermano Seungri. Ellos se quedan conmigo por un tiempo.~ Father, this is Yubin and Seungri. They are staying with me for the time being.

Que hermosa mujer! Es tu novia?~What a beautiful women! Is she your girlfriend?

No, no. Ella es solo un amigo~No, she is just my friend.

Adiós Padre, vamos a tomar nuestros asientos ahora.~We are going to take our seats Father, goodbye.