Chapter 17

Live and Let Die

"Thank you so much." Yubin said during the drive home.

Choi looked over at her. She was folding and unfolding a nice, silk handkerchief Choi had purchased for her a while ago. Until now, Yubin had no need for it. But she still carried it around in her back pocket. "You don't need to thank me. I wasn't gonna sit back and watch that animal do that to you."

Yubin nodded. She felt a few tears on her cheeks. She dabbed them away with her handkerchief. It was so soft against her porcelain skin. "Choi," She looked over at Choi. He turned his head and smiled at her. "About what you said....about loving me...."

Choi gulped. He wanted to confess to Yubin for awhile now, but not now. He was planning on doing it all romantically. Like confessing in a poem. But seeing as he had no interest in becoming a poet, he skipped his English class when they were on the poetry unit.

"Yeah," He started to slow the car down. He pulled over on the side of the road and turned the keys in the ignition towards him then out of the slot. The hum of the engine stopped. Everything was silent. "I don't know how to say this." Choi let out a big sigh and put his head on the steering wheel. He thought for a moment. Then the words came to him. He looked over at Yubin. Her big round eyes were waiting for a response.

"I have been with many girls. I play the field. You know, looking for love. I haven't stayed with a girl more than a few weeks. They are all so fake. So unoriginal. When they ask me what I look for in a girl I tell them someone like my mother was. She was strong and independent. Then the girls would put on this 'I'm strong and independent too'. Thats when I would dump them. I was on the edge of just stop looking for love. Until that day me and Daesung went out for a smoke. You came up to me and broke my cigarette and you talked to me like no girl ever had before." Choi smiled. Yubin looked confused. "I became so interested in you. I actually started to go to class; because of you. And when i started to get to know you better I found out you are the type of girl that I want to love."

Choi looked away from Yubin and out of his front window. He stared at the open desert. He let out a big sigh then turned back to Yubin. "Yubin, I love you. I," He groaned. He wanted to make this all romantic, but he didn't know how. "I just love you. I don't know what else to say."

Yoobin stared at him. She didn't say anything. She remained silent, letting everything Choi said sink in. She wanted to tell him how she felt, but she didn't. "Uh, we should get home. Seungri is probably freaking out." Yubin said.

Choi nodded and started the car up again. The rest of the ride home was spent in silence. The only noise was the faint humming of the engine and the occasional zoom of a passing car.

When they returned home Yubin checked on her brother, who was asleep. Then she went to her own room. Choi followed her. "Uh, do you need anything?" Choi asked.

Yubin turned around and saw Choi standing in her doorway. "No, I'm fine. Wake up early for school tomorrow, k?" Yubin forced a smile.

Choi nodded and retreated to his own room. He laid down on his bed and stared up at his ceiling.

"Does she not like me?" Choi asked himself aloud. He tried to change his thoughts to something else, but he couldn't. He thought about Yubin until he slowly fell asleep.

.

The next week went on like normal. As if Jiyong never tried Yubin. As if Choi never confessed to Yubin. Jiyong didn't show up to school, neither did many of his gang members that attended Mayfield.

"Jiyong hasn't showed up to school in awhile." Yubin pointed out the obvious one day at lunch.

"Yeah," Choi said. He knew something was up. He also knew something bad was going to happen. Either to him or to Yubin.

"So, the concert is tomorrow night. You are going right?" Yubin asked, she knew Choi was going to go.

"What? You kidding me? I wouldn't miss it for the world!" Choi smiled as he ate some of orange chicken he got from lunch.

"Alright. Its at 8. My solo is gonna be at 8:30." Yubin said. She was planning on using her solo as a way of confessing her love to Choi.

"I'll be there. Front row. Middle seat. Be watching for me, k?" Choi winked and continued eating his food.

.

"Tomorrow night. Tomorrow night we take out Choi." Jiyong said to his fellow gang members. They all nodded in agreement.

Jiyong knew that Choi would be attending the choir concert. So before the concert Jiyong needed to strike. He was going to knock Choi out, kidnap him if you will, and make him wish he never got involved with Yubin.