Chapter 22

Live and Let Die

Yubin ran out of the warehouse and saw three cars parked outside. She looked around to see if anyone was outside. Oddly, There was no one. She hid behind a car and slipped her dress back on. She rolled her lips in and tasted the salty flavour of Choi's blood. She quickly spat out the blood and wiped . "Please don't die, Choi." She cried.

.

"You know Choi I was half hoping you would break free from the ropes. No, actually I was expecting you to. But I thought you would have wriggled free quicker. Tst, tst, tst. What a let down." Jiyong smiled.

Choi slowly backup away from Choi and sat himself up on a wall. He moaned and groaned from the pain. The wounds in his arm weren't that bad, but the one in his chest might prove fatal. "Ngh," He groaned. His mouth was dry and his whole body was on fire. He could feel a cold sweat rolling down his face.

"You know I won't let you live, right?" Jiyong asked as he took out a pack of cigarettes from his pants pocket. He reached in the sulifane wrapper on the pack of Marlboro Menthol Smooth 100s and pulled out a small orange lighter. "You want one?" Jiyong offered Choi a cigarette.

Choi managed to shake his head. "I quit." He remembered how Yubin dared to break his cigarettes multiple times.

Jiyong shrugged and pulled out a long cigarette from the pack and placed it in between his lips. He brought the lighter to the tip of the cigarette and cuffed his hands around it. Ssk. Ssk. Ssk. The flint on lighter echoed in the warehouse filled with bloody dead bodies. "Suit yourself." Jiyong mumbled.

Choi stared at Jiyong as he inhaled the nicotine enhanced tobacco. Jiyong on the, as Yubin called them, 'cancer stick'. He exhaled the smoke. Choi could smell the aroma of mint and burning tobacco. It aroused his senses. He was having withdrawals. "On second, thought, I think I will have one." This was his last moments alive, might as well go out in style, eh?

"Heh, I thought you quit." Jiyong tossed the pack at Choi.

Choi pulled out a cigarette and looked at it. It looks normal. Wasn't tainted with. He put it firming in between his lips and pulled out the orange lighter. Ssk. The flint scraped against the lighter and reacted with the gas inside the small Bic lighter. Flame shot up. Choi brought the small, but big, flame towards the end of the cigarette and inhaled deeply. The cooling sensation of the mentholated cigarette filled his lungs. It felt so nice. His throat, which had been on fire, was now momentarily cooled. His lungs that were inflamed, were now chilling.

"I needed this." Choi took the cigarette from his mouth with his index and middle finger. He held in between his fingers, midway. He flicked the filter, knocking off the access ash into a puddle of blood, and brought it back to his mouth. He took another big drag of the cigarette and exhaled smoothly. "Menthols aren't really my cup of tea, but I'm glad this is going to be my last one." He said, smoke exiting out of his mouth in between every word.

"You are giving up this easily?" Jiyong sounded surprised. He took a drag of his cigarette and looked down at Choi. "Honestly, I'm disseminated. I expected more from you."

Choi slightly nodded. He was feeling tired. He brought his cigarette up to his mouth and took another drag. "Yeah, well, I'm kinda in no position to fight. I can't use one arm, let alone get up." Choi looked down at his arm and his chest. His arm had stopped bleeding and his chest was oozing out blood at a slow and steady rate.

"Yeah, but this isn't like you. Even with severe wounds like those, you would still try and fight." Jiyong looked at Choi with a confused face. He knit his brows and stared at Choi. Something was up. This wasn't what Choi would do. He was planning something.

"Well, if I do, I would most likely end up failing, which would probably provoke you to go after Yubin and all my attempts would have been in vein." Choi flicked the orange filter on the cigarette and a long tube of ash fell in the blood that was mixed with Choi's and a few gunman's blood. It was started to congeal. The ash rested on the skim of the blood. Choi stared the ash, intrigued by it.

"You are really into Yubin, huh?" Jiyong stared at the ash, too. The two boys both had that '1000 yard stare'.

"Yeah." Choi took another drag of the cigarette and ashed it again. The ash floated down onto the blood and landed into some of the fresher blood, that wasn't yet skimming.

Jiyong nodded and ashed his own his cigarette. "Oh," Jiyong puffed on his cigarette. And stared at it. It was just a centimeter or two from the filter. He dropped it on the ground and crushed it with his shoe.

Choi blinked quickly and was brought back to reality. "Why are you being so...friendly?" Choi asked. He could feel blood in his mouth. It was warm and salty. It tasted horrible, but Choi's mouth was so dry. It moistened his mouth. But he quickly spat the foamy blood on the ground. He started coughing uncontrollably. Foamy white vile poured out of his mouth. He looked like some rabid dog. He wiped away the vile and spat out all of the blood, vile, and access spit in his mouth that formed from the vile.

"Do you wish I act hostile?" Jiyong asked, harshly. He walked over to Choi and picked up the pack of cigarettes that was resting next to Choi. He bent down picked them up. He pulled out another cigarette and quickly lit it.

"Heh, well I don't care for the good cop/bad cop act. It would mess my already confused head up if you were to pull out the bad cop persona." Choi took the last drag of his cigarette and put it in the blood. It made a slight sizzling sound then went silent.

"'Nother cigarette?" Jiyong tossed the pack at Choi. It landed in Choi's lap.

"Thanks," Choi picked up the pack and pulled out another long menthol cigarette and quickly lit it. "What do you plan on doing?"

Jiyong raised his brow at Choi. "What?"

"What do you plan on doing with me? Just let me die? Or do you plan on torturing me. Making me wish I never messed with you or Yubin?"

Jiyong laughed a little and shook his head. "I don't know yet."

"Well, I don't have long, you know." Choi said slowly. He was right. He could feel his mind wandering off. His left arm, the wounded arm, was limp. He couldn't even move it. And his whole body was becoming numb. It wasn't going to be long. If he didn't get help soon, he'd only live for another two hours, granted Jiyong didn't interfere.

"Yeah, a part of me is still hoping you will put up a fight with me." Jiyong sighed. He looked away from Choi and stared at the many dead bodies of his gunmen.

"I can't fight." Choi whispered quietly. He didn't know how quiet he was being. Jiyong barely heard him.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. You can still try and get a gun, try and shoot me. I mean, you not trying to take me down, when you die, won't all this have been in vein. If you die and I'm still here I can still go after Yubin and get her for my own without any troubles."

"I guess....your.....right." Choi was breathing heavily now. His words were becoming distant. Filled with apathy. He was getting very weak. It wouldn't be long until he could barely open his mouth, let alone speak.

"What are you going to do?" Jiyong asked, his back turned to Choi.

Choi noticed Jiyong was acting strange. No one in their right mind would have their back turned against the enemy, even if the enemy was severely injured without a weapon. Jiyong knew what he was doing was foolish. But he kept his back turned towards Choi.

Choi looked around him and spotted a gun a meter away from him. He could probably manage to crawl to the gun before Jiyong would notice. He could fire a shot by the time Jiyong found out. But Jiyong probably had a gun, so, he would shoot back.

Choi slowly moved towards the gun. He strained his good arm towards the gun and he could feel the barrel of the gun. He pulled it towards him and pointed it at Jiyong, who was now, looking right at Choi, a gun in his hand.