Chapter 24

Live and Let Die

Yubin waited for ten minutes before finally spotting Rina driving in nice black BMW. Rina pulled over and opened the door for Yubin.

"Where are your shoes, hun?" Rina asked looking down at Yubin's feet.

Yubin looked down at her feet and noticed she wasn't wearing shoes. Her feet were cut and bruised from running. "Oh god." She pulled out some glass that was in her feet.

"Don't touch the big pieces. Here, I'll drive you to a hospital." Rina turned the car around and started driving the opposite direction of the warehouse, where a dead Jiyong or Choi would be.

"No!" Yubin shouted. "Choi. We gotta go back to Choi. Oh god. He is hurt badly." Yubin started crying dry tears.

"What? What happened?" Rina stopped the car and started backing up to turn back around.

Yubin started to talk, but remembered what Choi had said. "Do not come back for me." She replayed what he said in her mind. He looked serious. But she couldn't leave him. She just couldn't.

"Yubin, what happened?" Rina asked, the car was still stopped.

"Go, just go to the warehouse. I'll explain when we get there." Yubin decided to go against Choi's dying wishes. She needed to save him.

.

/BOOM/

The deafening explosion of a gun going off echoed through out the room. The noise bounced off the walls and back to its origin, as if it were a boomerang. Then everything went quieter than a graveyard.

A small orange light appeared from the barrel of the gun, and disappeared as quick as it appeared. The light from the gun illuminated the dimly lit room, just for a moment.

As if in slow motion, the bullet slowly penetrated his jacket and skin. The bullet entered just a few centimetes above his heart. The would probably prove fatal.

A thin line of smoke trailed up from the barrel of the gun. It danced up into the atmosphere, before finally dissipating and becoming one with the air.

The sulfur smell of the gunpowder flowed through the room and momentarily covered up the stench of blood and fresh dead bodies.

The sound of blood spluttering out from the wound caused by the bullet shot from the Smith & Wesson revolver made gushing noises. The blood then flowed out of the body and into the other puddles of congealed blood.

The warehouse started to reek horribly of dead bodies. The smell was fowl, with a hint of sweetness; mixed in with the musty odor of blood.

The warehouse looked like a scene from a gory horror movie. There was fifteen bodies total on the ground. Blood was painted all over the room. The once gray flooring was now stained a dark, almost maroon, red.

/CLANK/

The metallic sound of a gun hitting the floor filled the boys' ears. The gun bounced up and then back down. Making clanging noises as it did so.

Choi flipped over on his back and started coughing horribly. He tried to jerk his head up to prevent himself from choking on blood, but he couldn't manage to get up, due to his wounds and extremely fatigued body. He spat out the excess blood and spit from his mouth. It flowed on his neck and face. Droplets got in his eyes and his vision became a blurry red.

He tried to bring his good arm up to wipe the blood out of his eyes, but he was too tired. He could barely move his numbed fingers, let alone bring them to his eyes.

Jiyong stumbled onto his knees and stared at Choi. He felt his insides churn. He felt sick. His body attempted to lurch, but Jiyong managed to sustain the feeling to vomit.

He clutched his stomach and felt bile coming up from his gallbladder. The foamy yellowish substance came pouring out of his mouth. It tasted nasty. Jiyong bent over and spit it out, and before he knew it, he was vomiting up his lunch and some blood.

"Jiy---ong" Choi managed to whisper oh so quietly.

Jiyong coughed up more bile and looked over at the dying Choi. "Yeah?" He croaked out.

"I promised..." Choi started to cough insanely. His body started jerking around like a fish out of water. "Yubin." He coughed up some blood and started choking. "I would....nt....die." Choi attempted to spit out the blood from his mouth, but it slipped down in his throat. Choi started to gag on the warm, metallic tasting fluid.