Fourteen

In the past, present and future, I want to be with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Throw back, 3months ago ~

Minhyun’s POV

 

“I smell the scent of the sea. I hear the sound of the wave….. Am I still inside the sea? Where did I end up to in this world?..... Right now if I open my eyes, where will I be? Heaven? Past? Future?..... No, I don’t want to open my eyes because I know I’m not going to see someone I want to see anymore. I want to sleep forever.”

“Minhyun-ah, Hwang Minhyun! Comeback! Is this how you’re leaving me? Please comeback! Don’t leave me like this! Hik hik DON’T!!! NOOOOO…..”

 

“STELLA!!!” I shouted my throat out.

I saw myself inside a room and when I looked through the window, I could see the sea. I’ve no idea where it is… “Is here heaven?” I thought. I wanted to get off from bed but my legs felt so weak. I fell back on the bed. I felt so powerless and hurt all over my body. My head is so heavy like I’ve been sleeping for too many hours. I continued sitting powerlessly on the bed inside the never-seen room.

 

“Oh young man, you become conscious now?” an auntie entered through the door and became so surprised to see me.

“Honey, come here! The young man has woken up from coma now.” She called someone.

A moment later, an uncle entered. His reaction is the same with that auntie. He looked shocked to see me. They both rushed to me.

 

“Young man, you finally woke up. We’re so happy. You’ve been in coma for 7years.” That auntie excitedly said.

“Coma? You mean I’ve not died yet?” I struggled to ask with my weak voice.

“Almost! 7years ago, one night while my husband was going on catching fishes, he saw you were unconsciously laying at the edge of an island. You were alive so he helped you. We took you to hospital and doctor saved you on time. However, doctor said your head was seriously attacked so you’ll be in coma but without knowing how long. We were trying to find your family too but we had no clue about them. We tried to ask people around where we found you but nobody knows you. We had no choice but to continue taking care of you. We didn’t expect it would take you 7years to wake up like this. As we’re short of money, we decided to take you to take care at home. This is our home.” Auntie said.

“We often call doctor to check your condition at home. Thanks god, we didn’t give up on you. You finally woke up. My wife takes care of you so well. She said god gives you to us as a gift. We don’t have child. Though you were surviving in coma, she takes care of you like you were living with us as a family.” That uncle added.

 

I felt so shocked to hear that I’m still alive after I tried to kill myself that day at the sea. I don’t know if I should be happy or sad but I felt so complicated like why didn’t I just die that time? 7years in coma? So now it is 2020?.....

-----

After woke up from coma, I took a few more days to rest since I’m not feeling all fine yet.

The fisherman couple who saved me and even taking care of me for 7years is so kind to me. I feel really thankful for them. I asked them to be my god-parents. They were happy to have me as a son since they don’t have any child. I’ve been living with them for a month. Then I asked them to go.

 

“Omma, Appa! I’ve to go. I’ll come to see you often.” I said good-bye.

“Please don’t forget about us! Please come to see us often, Son!” -auntie-

“We’ll be waiting for you. Good-luck and take care!” -uncle-

We kept crying and holding each other so hard. I feel so lucky to meet them. I sadly left the fisherman couple.

 

-----///-----

 

BUSAN

I went to my hometown Busan to see my real family. I wonder how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter