-11-

My Secret

After the second audition on Sunday, Seulgi and Taeyong were now officially SM trainees. The big news did not go unnoticed by the school. Their friends were all crowding around the two in the cafeteria before morning assembly talking about their success.

 

Irene arrived at school to hear the commotion. She didn’t have to ask because she was the first to know about it. After Seulgi sent her the text that day, they met up on the Sunday after the results were announced and celebrated. Irene let out a boastful scoff and walked towards the assembly area, with a skip in her every step.

 

School was uneventful. Thankfully for Irene, that meant that she did not get in any trouble. She could head home first thing after the bell rang to enjoy her day off. Finally. She has been pestering Moonbyul to free up her schedule so that she could rest. Irene didn't know auditioning people would be such a drainer. 

 

Irene was casually watching the television when her second phone dinged.

 

Seulgi:

Hey Joohyun, I’m going over to Wendy’s today. Can I come over to return you the clothes you lent me? :)

 

Joohyun:

Sure.

 

Seulgi:

Are you mad? :(

 

Joohyun:

No. Why?

 

Seulgi:

Then add more emoticons. I thought I was bothering you... :(

 

Joohyun:

You’re asking too much from this friendship.

 

Joohyun:

>:(

 

Seulgi chuckled to herself before heading out of her house to catch the bus.

 

.

 

“Which level did you say your friend lives on again?” Wendy ask as she entered the lift with Seulgi.

 

“40th.”

 

“Lucky her.” Wendy said and pressed the button.

 

“Lucky? Lucky you too. You both live in one of the most expensive places in Seoul.” Seulgi said enviously.

 

“No seul, not just that. She’s literally neighbours with your Irene bae.”

 

“What?!” Seulgi gasped. “I thought Irene lives on the 41st?”

 

“That’s probably her friend... Joyce?- Jamie?... Joy? I think. Some bar owner I heard.” Wendy said.

 

“No way!! I’ve been so close to her and not noticing?!” Seulgi was starting to have a mental breakdown. Wendy just laughed.

 

They exited the lift and Seulgi walked towards Joohyun’s place. Wendy was very confused because she was sure that the particular door house belonged to Irene bae.

 

“Seulgi, you sure it’s the right place?” Wendy asked again.

 

“Yea, why?” Seulgi rang the doorbell.

 

"N-nothing, just confirming." Wendy said. Was she wrong about Irene's house? Maybe her memory was a little hazed since it was 3 years ago.

 

Irene seemed to be anticipating Seulgi’s arrival because the door flung opened before the bell even finished chiming.

 

“Hey Joohyun~” Seulgi greeted and got an equally excited greeting back. Meanwhile, Wendy’s eyes were about to pop out of their sockets when she saw Irene Bae open the door.

 

“Joohyun?!” The Canadian blurted in disbelief.

 

Irene furrowed her brows. Seulgi took notice but thankfully misinterpreted the expression.

 

"W-wannie! Don't be rude!" Seulgi huffed. 

 

"S-sorry Seul... Um... Hi Joohyun~" Wendy stammered, feeling her stomach churn. But, it was not becasue of her being nervous about meeting Irene Bae

 

While Seulgi was busy rummaging through her bag for the clothes that was due for returning, Irene was being very expressive with Wendy.

 

(NO.) She mouthed and put a finger in her lip.

 

(Seulgi doesn’t know?!) Wendy furrowed her brows and jerked her head.

 

(What do you mean Seulgi doesn’t know?! SHE CAN’T) The actress signed with her facial expressions.

 

(You are SO dead.) Wendy narrowed her eyes.

 

(Please! Please, don’t say a word!) Irene gestured and caused Wendy to roll her eyes.

 

“What the matter Wannie?” Seulgi asked when she saw her.

 

“O-oh, nothing! Just dust in my eyes.” Wendy said while blinking a few times.

 

Seulgi shrugged it off and handed Irene the clothes.

 

“Thanks Joohyun. You really helped me a lot.” Seulgi hummed.

 

“Oh no, give the credit to you and your skills.” Irene complimented and unintentionally pet Seulgi on the head. Seulgi was visibly emabrassed, which caused Irene to realize what she did as well. 

 

"S-sorry." Irene stammered. 

 

Wendy wanted to puke.

 

“A-alright, I got to go study with Wendy now. S-see you around!” Seulgi hummed and bid the girl goodbye.

 

Wendy waited for Seulgi to head to the lift lobby before leaning closer to Irene.

 

“Expect me to be here so you can explain why you’re messing with my best friend like that, Unnie.”

 

.

 

Wendy did just as she warned. After she told her chauffer to send Seulgi home, she headed straight up to Irene’s place and banged on the door.

 

“I have a door bell for a reason.” Irene reminded, annoyed, as she stepped aside to let Wendy in.

 

Wendy was not a stranger to Irene’s antics. The latter had seen her a couple of times going into the lift with different woman. Wendy thought it was wrong to assume at first but the dressing and the looks they gave each other was enough to confirm her suspicions. She despised Irene Bae after that.

 

Looking at the woman in front of her now only brought back recent memories of her. Wendy had accompanied her parents to MANOBAN CORP to discuss some form of investment. The music lover never liked business but was there because she and her family was supposed to have supper together afterwards. While her dad was conversing with Lisa's PA, she noticed Irene leaving and looking a bit dishevelled. Wendy was not dumb. She balled her hands. That was also the day when Seulgi told her that she was going to meet “Joohyun”.

 

“So… Irene Bae Joohyun. Joohyun is your real name isn’t it, unnie?” Wendy asked. “You have been keeping your real name private just so you can complete high school?”

 

Irene saw no need to lie. She nodded. "Sounds like a drama but it's real for me."

 

Oh? Or is it because you can leave no strings attached after screwing around with little girls?

 

Irene was taken aback by that statement. She thought Wendy was nice. But it looks like she was up for a fight.

 

Irene chuckled. “I thought Canadians don’t do aggressive.”

 

“That’s very stereotypical of you.” Wendy retorted.

 

Irene shrugged.

 

“Then what’s your relationship to Seulgi. She and those cheap s of yours are not the same species.” Wendy growled.

 

“God, you think I befriended her to screw her? I may be playing around but I go by the law." Irene hissed, a little offended at Wendy's careless statement.

 

"FYI, she was the one that came on me aggressively so that she could be my friend. I'm pretty sure you know. You do right? Seulgi's best friend.” Irene reminded. She knew that Seulgi had probably talked about her to Wendy before.

 

Wendy had nothing to say. Her and Seulgi’s stories matched up to a T.

 

“I hope you are not going to do the same with Seulgi. Don't you dare taint that innocence with your filthy hands.” Wendy warned. “If not your little secret life will be exposed. Not only to Seulgi but also to the public.”

 

A threat? Irene thought to herself and scoffed.

 

“Fierce. I would start to think that you’re the one who has interest towards Seulgi with that possessiveness of yours.” Irene chuckled.

 

“W-what?! Y-you don't know what you're talking about!" Wendy took a deep breath before she spoke again. "Seulgi is my best friend. It’s only natural that I protect her.” Wendy fired.

 

Irene chuckled. That nervous break she had did not convince Irene one bit. But nevertheless, Irene wanted to toy with Wendy a little bit before chasing her away.

 

“Oh? Or maybe you want to distance her?...” Irene smirked and walked closer to the younger girl, cornering her against the wall.

 

So that you can be with me~”

 

Irene's whisper sent shockwaves from Wendy's ear all the way down her spine. Wendy shuddered and tried to push Irene away but to no avail. That petite body of hers made Wendy underestimate the strength that she had.

 

“W-what are you doing?!” Wendy uttered nervously.

 

"What do you think I'm going to do?~"

 

Irene pressed her body against Wendy’s and sealed the gap between their lips.