-14-

My Secret

a/n: Thank you all for the nice comments :D Hope you all continue to stay with me throughout the journey of this story :) 

+ a teeny tiny moonsun :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi bolted through the doors of SME, earning her some weird stares when she procced to let out a loud whine. The first sound that Seulgi heard was thunder and the downpour followed immediately after. Seulgi regretted not checking the weather today, now with a broken shoe, she had to walk herself home.

 

Seulgi made a dash towards the convenience store outside of her company. She knew they sold those temporary raincoats and stuff. She bought one for cheap and started her trudge home. With every step she took, her right foot made a disgusting squish. The masking tape was slowly slipping off due to the water that has accumulated in the shoe.

 

Seulgi lived in Ansan and it would take her a good hour and a half before she arrived home. She sighed at that thought but still forced herself to wait for her bus at the bus stop. While she did that, she pulled out her phone, ready to rant to Joohyun about her day. She started off by saying how it was raining.

 

.

 

Irene was throwing a temper tantrum while Moonbyul acted as her outlet. Krystal was also there, an invisible 'dunce' cone hat on her head as Moonbyul stared at her disappointingly

 

"Why did you tell her?" Moonbyul asked, annoyed at Krsytal whom she just found out was Irene's insider.

 

"As though I had a choice not to. Take it out on Irene." Krystal grumbled and left the room in a huff. 

 

Once the doors closed, Moonbyul turned to Irene. “I told you it wasn’t a good idea…” The blonde sighed while crossing her arms.

 

“I mean I can’t let her go on dancing with a broken shoe, can I? Plus, I think it was justifiable.” Irene huffed.

 

Justifiable? By buying the whole store?” Moonbyul scoffed.

 

“I did not buy the WHOLE store! Plus I didn’t know what color she liked!” Irene defended. Moonbyul scoffed again.

 

“You can be really obnoxious when you are in love with someone you know?” Moonbyul teased.

 

“I don’t love her Moon Byuli.” Irene growled. "I just... well... like her."

 

“If you say so princess.” Moonbyul chuckled. "But keep in mind that if you lose the chance at her as Irene Bae, you'll lose the chance at her totally." 
 

"I still have Bae Joohyun." Irene reminded. 
 

"Hmm? Do I need to remind you about the agreement with Director Lee about you as Bae Joohyun?"

 

Irene just bit her lip.

 

"Enjoy Kang Seulgi as Bae Joohyun while you still can. But... be careful... You shouldn't fall too deep into it if you don't want to get hurt." 

 

Irene just nodded along while her manager nagged. She didn't know if she was annoyed at how Moonbyul was always right, or that she doesn't listen when she knew Moonbyul would be right. Maybe both. Just then, Irene felt a vibration in her bag. The latter reached in and read the messages in her second phone before getting up in a hurry.

 

“Hey, where are you going?” Moonbyul asked.

 

“She’s stuck in the rain.” Irene simply explained.

 

“And you are going as Irene? She texted Bae Joohyun, you know? And didn't I tell you to be careful with your feelings?” Moonbyul raised her brow.

 

“I... I don't want to think about that dumb agreement now Byul. I’ll just make up some dumb reason as to why I know she’s there.” Irene said.

 

“Oh, one more thing.” Irene halted in front of the door. “Can show me that key chain that Solar gifted you?”

 

Moonbyul was confused but she complied, shrugging it off as Irene and her crazy antics over this Seulgi girl.

 

“Gotcha!” Irene hummed victoriously as she took away the key to Moonbyul’s car.

 

“Y-Ya! That’s my car you witch!” Moonbyul yelled as she chased after the celebrity.

 

“I promise I’ll take care of it~”

 

Moonbyul doubled over panting as she watched Irene get into her car and drive off.

 

“Byul?”

 

Moonbyul turned around to see her girlfriend, whom just got off work.

 

“Hey babe~ Um… can I get a lift?” Moonbyul asked.

 

Solar just laughed when she was reminded of how the manager lost her car to Irene – again. She held the defeated woman’s hand and lead her to her car.

 

.

 

Irene stopped at the bus stop and honked. Seulgi was startled from her phone and looked up to see a black Porsche in front of her.

 

“Need a lift?” Irene asked in her usual nice tone. She saw Seulgi frown and looking away.

 

Just then, she heard another honk. Irene thought she was obstructing the way but when she looked back at the rear-view mirror, she saw the familiar blue Maserati.

 

“I see… the Son family car.”

 

Irene, feeling a little irritated, stepped on the gas and sped away. The roaring of the Porsche’s engine was enough to let Seulgi know that Irene was pissed at her.

 

.

 

[Wendy’s house]

 

Upon getting a text from Seulgi saying that she needed someone, Wendy wasted no time calling her chauffer. She brought the shivering girl back to her home for a sleepover and gave her a warm bath.

 

“What’s bothering you?” Wendy asked. Seulgi noted that Joohyun hasn’t replied her. She put her phone down and heaved a sigh.

 

Seulgi thought Wendy wouldn’t believe her when she told her about Irene but it was the opposite. Wendy completely understood.

 

“You need to stay away from her Seul. It’s for your own good.” Wendy was straight to the point.

 

“I know… I already notice some trainees talking about me behind my back…” Seulgi frowned.

 

“Not just that Seul… You need to be careful about Irene as a person as well.” Wendy warned.

 

“W-what do you mean?” Seulgi asked.


Wendy tensed her jaw when she was reminded of what happened the other day at Irene’s house.

 

“She… The Irene you see on screen is not the Irene you know Seul. That’s all I’m going to say.”

 

“I thought you said she was kind when you helped her with the moving?”

 

“That was a first impression. Living here for so long, I’ve seen things… Seulgi, you love her so much. I don’t want to break your heart by ruining her image.” Wendy sighed.

 

“I want to know Wan. I want to know what else Irene has done. I don't want to stan a person whose morals are questionable.” Seulgi insisted.


Wendy was apprehensive but was willing to give it a ponder. There was no reason to not tell Seulgi. The latter deserved to know since she and Irene are in the same company. With how bold and controlling Irene was to Wendy, Wendy knew that Seulgi would encounter trouble sooner or later. Futhermore, Irene ignored her warning. Though her agreement was with her and Bae Joohyun, Bae Joohyun technically is Irene Bae. 

 

“Fine.” Wendy said. “Jo- Irene… she brings women to her house.”

 

Wendy was rather vague in her words but Seulgi fully understood what she meant. This left distaste in Seulgi’s mouth and she knew that she could not look at Irene the same way anymore. However, she does have some hope that what her best friend said about Irene was not true.

 

.

 

[Seoul Forest Trimage - Irene’s/ Joohyun's house]

 

Seulgi:

Joohyun, where are you? You haven’t replied me. >:(

 

Irene sighed and tossed her phone away before taking another swing of vodka. Irene never bought this vodka to drink it pure. It was low quality and it burned with every gulp. It was for mixing, which she was eager to try when she saw Joy doing it the other day. But today called for a harder hit than her usual alcohol intake.

 

Irene stumbled towards the edge of her living room window and stared out at the Han river. Intoxicated, her vision started to double, and her body wobbled side to side. Irene heaved a sigh and took another shot.

 

“Was I wrong?” Irene uttered to herself through her heavy breaths.

 

Irene stared to process in her mind, her actions. She simply fed Seulgi, took care of Seulgi and visited Seulgi. That was all. She was thinking of all the possibilities that could have created this drift between her and Seulgi.

 

Why are you doing these for me Irene-ssi?

 

People might start to think the wrong way…

 

Those words echoed in Irene’s mind.

 

Her thoughts suddenly jumped to the first time she met Seulgi in school. She was so kind – the first to initiate a chat with Irene, hanging out with her and also helping Irene in opening up. Irene was not the type that trusted anyone what Seulgi was different, she was genuine. That was unfortunately why she was able to open up in such a short time.

 

Irene knew she shouldn't be lowering her defenses like this. Because once she graduated, memories of Bae Joohyun had to be scrapped and that she'd be Irene Bae fulltime. Irene’s eyes started to flutter close as the alcohol slowly took effect. She was about to fall asleep when she jerked her body at the feeling of falling. Irene’s eyes cranked open and she rubbed her face.

 

“Ah… What’s wrong with me…” She whined and took another shot.

 

Irene managed to get up and hobble to her phone. As best as she could focus, Irene scrolled through her contacts and tapped clumsily tapped on one.

 

"I'm on my period, Irene." Jennie hummed on the other side of the line.

 

"No that, I just want a drinking buddy... a.. a- friend."

 

"O- oh?"