-2-

My Secret

A/N: Double release to commence the start of the new story :D

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Seulgi was startled when Joohyun got up and sped out of the class. She thought maybe she was too aggressive towards the latter. Seulgi was a little sad. She knew that Joohyun wasn’t the most liked, that was why she wanted to take the chance to know the girl.

 

Standing up to leave, Seulgi noticed a wallet that was on the floor. She picked it up, analyzing it before she opened to check if there was an ID or sort. It didn’t take long to know that it was Joohyun’s wallet and behind the ID was Joohyun’s address.

 

“Seoul… Forest… TRIMAGE?!” Seulgi gasped with bulging eyes. Joohyun must’ve been loaded to live in such an affluent place. Seulgi had second thoughts on going to Joohyun’s place after that. But the righteous girl wanted to privately apologize to her as well. Also, if she doesn't take the chance to do it now, she forsee her never being able to do it because Joohyun would probably avoid her like how she'd been avoiding everyone else.

 

.

 

Seulgi got into the trimage with the help of her best friend since middle school, Wendy. The Canadian migrated to South Korea years ago because of her father’s business and during the times when Wendy’s Korean wasn’t the best, Seulgi was the one who stuck by her and tried to understand her unlike the bullies in the class.

 

“Thanks so much.” Seulgi said again.

 

“Gosh Seul… Stop it already. It’s like the 100th time I am going to tell you that it’s no big deal.” Wendy chuckled. “Also, who are you looking for? Ever since we split high schools, you don’t even visit me anymore.”

 

“I’m sorry~ You know I am busy these few days. I just-“

 

“Kept practicing for the SM Entertainment audition blah blah blah. Yes Seul… I can’t win you, can’t I?” Wendy sighed while Seulgi nodded.

 

"You sure about that audition? Don't tell me you are auditioning so you can be close to that Irene Bae." Wendy frowned. 

 

"That?!" Seulgi gasped. "It's THE Irene bae, Wannie." 

 

Wendy rolled her eyes. Seulgi was hopeless to convince once she had set her sights on something. Some times this perseverance is good but other times it might lead to a dead end. She'd seen Seulgi broken because of this before when she first tried to audition for SM and failed. She wanted to make sure the latter knew what she was getting into.  

 

“Anyway, I need to get on skype for a group project. We’ll plan a meeting, yes?” Wendy hummed passive aggressively.

 

“Yes, yes, Wannie. I can’t run from you.” Seulgi said before they went their own way.

 

Wendy exited at the 32nd floor while Seulgi continued up. The elevator dinged at the 40th floor and Seulgi walked out. Seulgi stood at the entrance of the door deliberating if she was doing the right thing. Her head was screaming CREEP, but her heart was saying the opposite. Mastering up all her courage she rang the doorbell.

 

.

 

Irene was panicking inside. Firstly, Seulgi found her apartment and secondly, she was not in her disguise. Clearing and puting on her best act, Irene clisked the speak button.

 

“What are you doing here?” Irene asked in a hostile tone.

 

“Um, I’m not a creep-“

 

“You are. How did you even get pass security?” Irene cut her off.

 

At this point Seulgi was already very nervous.

 

“I-I- Don’t get me wrong! Um- Uh my friend. DontKnowIfYouKnowHer- Wendy! Wendy Son! She let me in!” Seulgi blurted.

 

Irene definitely knows the Son family. They met in the lift a couple of times. Their daughter even helped her with the moving. Speaking of that, she still owes Wendy a favor for helping.

 

“What’s your business then?” Irene growled.

 

“Um, your-“

 

“Hey you!” Seulgi was cut off again. This time, by a guard on patrol.

 

“What are you doing here? Do you live here?” He boomed as he approached.

 

Irene felt bad to see Seulgi visibly shrinking away in fear. She fumbled around for her glasses and opened the door just in time before the man grabbed her.

 

“Ah! Seulgi, you’re here~“ Irene hummed and pulled the latter into a hug.

 

"J-joohun?!" Seulgi yelped.

 

pretend.” Irene whispered before pulling away.

 

“a-ah… Long time no see~” Seulgi said, trying not to sound too awkward.

 

It was convincing enough. Seeing that Seulgi was apparently Irene’s guest, the guard left to continue his rounds.

 

Joohyun let Seulgi into her house to prevent further episodes like this.

 

Seulgi was about to speak when Irene cuts her off again, demanding why she was here. The latter heaved a sigh and just held the wallet out. She was too tired to explain.

 

Irene mouthed and ‘O’ and thanked Seulgi for returning it to her. Joohyun was double checking if her things were still in her wallet when Seulgi spoke.

 

“I’m sorry for the other day. I must’ve offended you for you to have left like that.”

 

Joohyun looked at her confused before realization hit her. Seeing the younger girl’s guilty face made her feel guilty as well. It wasn’t Seulgi’s fault that she had to leave for a schedule.

 

“I think I have to apologise for this misunderstanding. I just had an urgent matter…” Joohyun said.

 

“I see…” Seulgi was still not convinced.

 

“Here, make your self comfortable.” Irene said pointing to the couch. “I’ll make it up to you by treating you supper and you make it up to me by being my guest.”

 

“Sounds fair.” Seulgi smiled.

 

"we are even then." Irene said.

 

Seulgi was in awe at the whole apartment. The living room was huge with full length glass windows facing the Han river. What topped it off was the amazing night view from Joohyun’s building.

 

“Amazing…” Seulgi uttered while trying to take in the breath-taking view.

 

“It gets boring after a while.” Joohyun replied as she passed Seulgi a cup of juice before going back to cook.

 

Seulgi was envious of what wealth can bring someone.

 

Seulgi’s attention was taken away when she heard a familiar line. She snapped her head towards the TV to see her favorite drama playing.

 

“You watch ‘Love in the sky’ as well?! I love it! They have such good chemistry together and Oh my god, Irene Bae is such a goddess!” Seulgi blurted.

 

Joohyun looked at her in disbelief and blinked. Seulgi, realizing what embarrassing things she just said to a stranger, blinked as well.

 

“Pffftt!” Joohyun broke into a hearty laughter while Seulgi’s face burned bright red.

 

“Y-Ya! I have m-my own likes too!” Seulgi tried to defend herself. But Joohyun was still snickering whenever she pictured how Seulgi was fan-girling.

 

Seulgi stuck her tongue out at the latter before continuing to watch the show. Seulgi only took her eyes off the screen when she smelt the scent of ramen. She watched as Joohyun stirred and tasted the soup; maybe Seulgi never noticed but Joohyun looked beautiful from the side view.

 

“Hey, come to think of it, you look like Irene Bae.” And as soon as Seulgi said that, Irene who was blowing at the spoon accidentally touched it with her lip. She let out a yelp, which sent Seulgi flying towards the kitchen.

 

‘’You okay, Joohyun?” Seulgi asked, her voice full of concern. Meanwhile, Joohyun was trying to cover her face with her hair so her identity wouldn’t be exposed.

 

“Hey, let me have a look.” Seulgi cupped her hands on Irene’s cheek and titled her head up so she could see.

 

Irene froze in fear, her eyes looking straight into Seulgi’s while the latter stared at her lips.

 

“T-this is awkward.” Irene uttered. Seulgi blinked and immediately let go. She apologized for her rash actions again, but Irene shrugged it off.

 

Seulgi helped Irene with the cooking in the end.

 

.

 

“Joohyun?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You know, ywou are nwot as weird or scwary as thwey sway.”

 

“Don’t talk with your mouth full.”

 

“Yes…”

 

“But, thanks.”