-7-

My Secret

A/n: Included some pictures for reference ^~^ I like to have an image in my head whenever I write~ enjoy~

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 

Seulgi made Joohyun go out with her for the rest of the afternoon after school. She’s been cancelling on Seulgi one too many times due to last minute schedules so when the dreaded call from Moonbyul came, Joohyun ignored it.

 

Irene wasn’t dressed to impress. As much as she wanted to blow Seulgi away with her beauty - which she was very confident of - Irene had to lower her ego and go with full back sweats to fit the role of ‘Joohyun the outcast’. Also, she couldn’t afford people to recognise her on the streets. Not all of them are as dense as Seulgi.

 

 

Seulgi was already waiting for Joohyun outside of the train station outside Hongsik University. She had made reservation for the 2D-cafe around the campus. Why was that her choice? Seulgi didn’t know Joohyun’s likes and dislikes. So, she had to go with her personal interests and hope that Joohyun would enjoy their outing.

 

“Seulgi!” Irene called out while jogging over to her.

 

“Sorry I’m late. Did you wait long?” Irene asked through her panting.

 

“Don’t worry about it. I just arrived not so long ago as well.” Seulgi said with a reassuring smile.

 

“So, shall we go?”

 

Irene nodded.

 

Seulgi was intrigued by the cafe’s design but when she looked over at Joohyun, the latter was fascinated. Seulgi felt her chest heat up when she looked at Joohyun. The older girl seemed so innocent, her eyes glistening; head turning when something caught her attention; mouth mouthing an ‘O’ at whatever she saw.

 

Seulgi learnt that Joohyun could be cute.

 

“Hmmm… the carbonara looks good. I might have that. Joohyun, what are you having?” Seulgi asked a bothered Joohyun who was flipping through the menu looking troubled.

 

“N-nothing… I mean! I mean… What are you having?” Irene asked. Seulgi knitted her brows.

 

“Joohyun, if you don’t like the food, we can leave.” Seulgi whispered. It seemed a little too late.

 

“Hi ladies, May I get your orders?” The young-looking waiter asked.

 

Seulgi looked towards Joohyun. The latter took it as she wanted her to order.

 

“I want a carbonara, tomato lobster aglio olio, soft shell crab linguine and also the creamy mushroom penne.” Irene started before looking at Seulgi to ask for her order.

 

“What?” Irene raises her brow when she saw Seulgi with her jaw wide open.

 

“I-I’ll just get water.”

 

Seulgi nagged at Irene for ordering so much. She basically ordered almost all of their mains if it were not for the lobster being sold out.

 

“What a bummer... I really wanted to try the lobster.” Irene frowned.

 

"Joohyun, you’re insane. That’s too much!” Seulgi said in a hushed tone when the waiter left after serving the water.

 

Irene just shrugged. She was telling Seulgi about how one had to order a lot in order to get the full experience of the place. Seulgi tried to reason to her about food wastage but she found it to be useless. Seulgi learnt that Joohyun could be stubborn.

 

.

 

Seulgi’s next plan was for them to have a wind down session. She brought Irene to a painting shop in Hongdae where they opted to paint each other’s portraits. Irene was a little nervous. Before she and Seulgi met, Joohyun the outcast had observed the latter quite a few times; enough to know that Seulgi was good in arts.

 

Irene, on the other hand did not have any experience in artsy things like drawing. In fact, she was bad at it – really bad. The staff had to help her sketch Seulgi before they both could start. Under the guidance of the artist, they both started to paint each other’s portrait.

 

“You’re making me look like an alien!” Irene huffed when she took a peek.

 

“Ya! No peeking until we finished, Joohyun!” Seulgi whined.

 

Once they finished painting, it was time for decorations.

 

“You’re making my eyes look like an Alien still!” Irene said in disappointment at the artsy girl’s sense of style. Seulgi begged to differ. She kept trying to convince Joohyun that it looked great.

 

“Whatever!” Joohyun huffed. She then announced that she was going to stick a heart beside Seulgi’s lip like a beauty mark.

 

“That’s ugly!” Seulgi complained.

 

“It’s art.” Joohyun teased while the latter sulked.

 

Seulgi learned that Joohyun could be petty.

 

.

 

The last place of their outing was Han river. Seulgi and Irene had bought some ramen, snacks and a mat from the convenience store nearby and set up their picnic area just in time to watch the sunset.

 

“We could have done it at my house you know?” Irene said. The trimage was literally right across at the other side of the river.

 

“I know, but I like it outdoors. Don’t you feel better with the air and natural breeze?” Seulgi hummed. Irene, who was covered up in a hoodie, plus a coat just nodded half-heartedly.

 

The two girls slurped on their ramen while they talked. Irene wasn’t the one to pry so she didn’t ask much about Seulgi’s life because she didn’t want to be asked too much about her own. They just stopped at Seulgi having a brother. Majority of the conversation went towards talking about their school life.

 

“Isn’t it beautiful?” Seulgi hummed.

 

Irene looked up and parted a little. It was beautiful. As the sun set, the orange tint stained the sky. Irene didn’t realise how different it would be looking from her home and from here.

 

What was more beautiful was when Seulgi stood up and told Irene to take a picture for her Instagram. Seulgi only looked amazing under the radiance of the orange rays. The sight Irene was looking at now, in her opinion, was more beautiful than any other scenery from any other country she visited.

 

“Joohyun!”

 

Irene blinked back to reality and looked at Seulgi.

 

“Have you taken the pictures?”

 

“O-oh! Yea, here.” Irene said while passing Seulgi’s phone back to her. Did she just stutter? When did she start seeing Seulgi in this way?

 

 

From the smile Seulgi had on her face, Irene was pretty sure she did a good job. Seulgi then offered to take pictures for Irene but the latter refused. Seulgi was a little disappointed but didn’t wasn’t to force her either.

 

The sky soon turned dark and the temperature started to drop. Seulgi wanted them to stay for a while longer since she already agreed to sleepover at Joohyun’s place. They bought themselves another serving of ramen.

 

The breezes were stronger and more frequent that night. Around them, couples and friends were cuddling with one another while enjoying their own time. Irene and Seulgi both knew that cuddling was not on their list. Seulgi shivered in the wind and let out a sneeze.

 

“So much for ‘I love the breeze’. Let’s head home.” Irene chuckled. She took off her coat and draped it over Seulgi.

 

Seulgi learnt that Joohyun could be sweet.

 

.

 

[Seoul Forest trimage – Irene’s/ Joohyun’s home]

 

Seulgi was in the guest room getting ready to sleep but not before posting the photo of her in the sunset first.

 

JooHyun_Bae requested to follow you.

 

Seulgi’s eyes lit up when she saw that. Joohyun must’ve just created the account judging by the 0 followers and following as well as the absence of a profile picture. Seulgi refreshed again to make sure. This time, Joohyun had a profile picture. Seulgi immediately accepted it.

 

 

hi_seulgi accepted your follow request.

 

Irene saw that and smiled to herself. She went to like Seulgi’s latest photo and scrolled through her Instagram.

 

hi_seulgi requested to follow you.

 

Irene gladly accepted it, though she thinks that she won’t post any photos here.

 

renebaebae: hi_seulgi liked your post.

 

Right. Irene had just posted a photo from her collab with Vogue magazine. Feeling the thrill from having Seulgi like her pictures, she thought maybe posting as Joohyun wouldn’t be bad at all.

 

_imyour_sooyoung requested to follow you.

 

Irene frowned. She knew whose private account that was.

 

Instagram DM:

 

Joy:

One following, hi_seulgi? Kkkkk

 

Irene:

Shut up soo. A word out your mouth and I’ll kill you.

 

Joy:

Oops…

 

Irene’s eyes widened.

 

_Moonstar_ requested to follow you.

 

al_llama requested to follow you.

 

k_jungsj requested to follow you.

 

They were Irene’s friends and it was right for her to accept. Plus she trusts them. Only Seulgi was the one who wondered who those 4 new followers Joohyun gained were.