-32-

My Secret

“So… Did you guys talk?” What great telepathy as the two managers ask their idols while driving them home in their separate vehicles.

 

“Yea.” Both idols answered to them.

 

“Did it work out?” They both asked.

 

“I guess?”

 

So started Irene’s efforts to win Seulgi back.

 

.

 

Yeri suffered spams of questions from Irene about Seulgi;

 

PING

 

"Can't a girl have dinner in peace?" Yeri grumbled as she pushed herself up from the dining table to grab her phone from her room.

 

PING PING

 

"God! Just kiss and !" Yeri groaned when Irene sent the 100th message of the day asking what else Seulgi liked. Yeri kind of forgot that her and the idol shared the same apartment.

 

"Who just and kiss?" Seulgi asked as she joined her manager and housemate at the table. 

 

"NoThiNg!" Yeri hummed. Yeri was a bad liar.

 

.

 

Moonbyul suffered Yeri’s rants about giving out her phone number;

 

"Just help her." Moonbyul would reply.

 

.

 

Irene suffered Moonbyul’s nagging about her over-the-top ideas.

 

"For the last time Irene. Bae. Joo. Hyun! Do not gift her a ferrari or a rolex or anything for that matter! Riches do not define the heart." Moonbyul sighed. 

 

"Funny for you to say that because that PORSCHE of yours was from Solar." Irene deadpans.

 

.

 

"Kim Yerim. We need to meet up." Moonbyul said in all seriousness to her.

 

“WaIT?! YoU aRe BaE JOoHyuN?!” Yeri shrieked in disbelief. Even Krystal who happened to be outside the room poked her head in to see if a murder happened.

 

"You didn't know?" Irene raised her brow. 

 

"Ooff- Sorry?! Seulgi didn't confide about EVERYTHING to me and YoU Knew tHis?!” She shrieked at Moonbyul.

 

“Yeri, I’m her manager. How can I not?” Moonbyul facepalmed.

 

“OH MY GOD!” Yeri shireked again. “IHaveBeenInSchoolWithIreneBaeAndFangirlingOverHerDramasSoLoudly?! HOW IS IT THAT I FIND OUT NOW?!”

 

“Yeri, calm down…” Irene exhales, her ears ringing from the screaming. The reason Irene wanted to meet with Yeri was because she wanted to know what Seulgi liked.

 

“You, duh.” Yeri scoffed. This made Irene wonder why SME even hired this uncultured girl in the first place. But Irene had to admit, Seulgi had been getting great gigs for a rookie idol starting out because of the various connections that the young manager had. Jokes aside, Yeri got into the details of Seulgi - What she liked, what she disliked. 

 

When Irene meant start all over again, she literally meant ALL OVER AGAIN. With new found knowledge from Yeri, she asked Seulgi out for a date in advance. And where else other than a picnic by the Han River? Irene wanted them to experience the old times.

 

.

 

Days leading up to the date, the only contact Seulgi had to Irene were smiles and greetings in the company. That was the closest they got in the eyes of others. However, Seulgi would be receiving gifts on a daily basis from the older woman – a single flower or bouquet with a cheesy note always attached to it.

 

You will forever be my always.

 

I spent two lives loving you. As Irene Bae and Bae Joohyun.

 

Sweet melodies that fill my headphones – Your Voice, the only tune I listen to.

 

You are my happy; You are my sad; You are my everything.

 

Maybe you will fall in love with me again. But until then, I shall show you my devotion.

 

.

 

Other times, Seulgi would get material gifts. Irene made sure that she does not do it too often because Moonbyul told her that 'Money can't buy love.' So far, Irene was proud of herself for not triggering Seulgi. She had just sent over a 450 dollar bear shaped lamp to Seulgi's home and recieved various excited and happy texts from the younger girl about how adorable it was. 

 

They also went on mini dates before their set agreement day. Both girls, though they do not show it physcially, loved dates like this because it allowed them to learn more about each other - even though Yeri told Irene about Seulgi's preferances already.   

 

A short gongcha Seulgi that Irene liked taro; Irene learnt that Seulgi had a passionate love for black milk tea with pearls.

 

A Starbucks run taught Irene that Seulgi liked coffee whilst on the other hand, Seulgi learnt that Irene disliked coffee. 

 

A bakery run taught Irene that Seulgi did not like bread with creamy filling. They had the same taste on that one.

 

Oh. And another thing they loved about these mini day dates? The fact that #Seulrene was trending number one on Naver, Twitter, Instagram, ecetara. 

 

.

 

When Irene mentioned that she was a romantic back in the Shangri-la hotel, Seulgi didn’t know she had the ability to make her heart beat faster than all the horror movies that she had watched. It was the good kind of heart racing. But at the same time, thinking back to how Irene talked about herself as ‘Joohyun’ still made this whole double life situation feel so surreal to Seulgi.

 

Truth is, Seulgi already forgave Irene since the day the CEO announced her debut a little over 6 months ago.

 

“Keep your identity a secret until you are allowed to reveal it.”

 

Seulgi had always thought this was a sick joke played by Irene until she heard it from the CEO herself. This only made her feel guilty thinking back to how Irene had to hide hers for her 3 years in high school and up till now.

 

Seulgi:

You don’t have to do this Irene. Don't get me wrong, I love your gifts... all of them but we can just talk it out at your place.

 

Irene:

No. Seulgi, please let me do this. I hurt you enough and I really want to prove my devotion to you.

 

That text message exchanged, though same as the verbal one in the bar, still made Seulgi’s heart race.

 

“Okay, Joohyun.” Seulgi hummed at the text reply, with a smile spreading across her face.

 

.

 

The idols were only able to meet each other in the dark of night but it didn’t matter to them. Irene was there first. She insisted she set up the picnic herself even though Moonbyul hated to see how she struggled in the wind. But Irene managed.

 

Yeri arrived a short while later to see Moonbyul leaning against her car. Irene’s manager saw the familiar license plate and waved them over.

 

Seulgi was left to go find Irene alone. It wasn’t that hard because she was the only person who had a comical amount of objects placed around the mat. Pringles, chicken, beer cans, premium flowers, an expensive scented candle, music player and who knows what else was in the picnic bag that Irene had brought with her.

 

“Did you get evicted or something?” Seulgi joked.

 

“H-hey Seulgi…” Irene stammered through her greeting.

 

Seulgi had told Irene she didn’t need to go to such lengths. She even told Irene over message that a talk in Irene’s house would be sufficient enough. But Seulgi was lowkey happy that Irene had gotten all of her favourite things and complied them into one. It was cute to the younger girl how the older woman showed her efforts.

 

“C-coMe sIt!” Irene blurted nervously.

 

Seulgi tried to hide her amusement at how the older woman’s voice cracked.

 

They sat in silence for a while. Irene thinking of what to say while Seulgi waited patiently and watched her. That night, Seulgi noticed three new nervous habits that Irene displayed.

 

Stuttering

 

Sniffing her sleeve

 

Touching her hair

 

“I- I got your favourite food! Pringles …” Irene suddenly blurted.

 

Seulgi was a little startled but scoffed as she looked at the woman fumbling around the mat to find where she had displayed the red cylinder. While she searched carelessly, she was also mumbling to herself.

 

Maybe she was talking to Seulgi. But all the younger girl could focus on was how Irene’s sole brow always raised higher than the other when she talked. Finding that out made Seulgi realise that she had never paid a lot of attention to Irene.

 

Cute. Seulgi thought to herself.

 

“I bought it in Original flavour. I hope you don’t mind.”

 

“Ir-“

 

“Oh and beer! I heard that you have been preferring it over liquor.”

 

“Irene.”

 

“Oh and Sujebi! I made it before coming!”

 

“Irene…”

 

“I hope it hasn’t gotten col-“

 

Joohyun!

 

Irene finally stopped yapping and stared at the latter in bewilderment.

 

Seulgi finally called her by her birthname again. And hearing it was like ecstasy.

 

“I’ll just have the pringles for now and don’t worry, Original is my favourite flavour.” She assured with a soft smile.

 

Irene visually relaxed her body and returned the smile. Seulgi had to admit. It was very odd seeing Korea’s top celebrity, who was known for her charisma, being a nervous wreck in front of her.

 

She and Seulgi ate. Joohyun - well, Irene - still makes the best food that always suited Seulgi's tatse buds. This makes Seulgi hum and wave her hands in excitement, which Irene loves looking at. She loves making Seulgi happy. 

 

“H-Here, I have another gift.” Irene stammered as she took out a box.

 

Seulgi raised her brows but upon unwrapping it, her eyes almost pooped out of their sockets. She choked on her gasp when it hit her that Irene had bought the ‘Perfect Pencil’ from Faber Castell for her. This pencil was worth a whopping 12,800 American Dollars. 

 

“I-Irene?!” Seulgi gasped.

 

“Joohyun.” Irene corrected. She preferred Seulgi calling her by her birthname.

 

“J-JOOHYUN!” Seulgi gawked again. “Even if you have cash to throw around, you shouldn’t have!”

 

“I-I’m sorry… I am not very experienced in this art stuff… D-do you not like it?” Joohyun asked, sounding a little sad.

 

“Oh god no! I love it! It’s just… Wow…” Seulgi analysed the pencil before slowly putting it back in the box. She was at lost for words.

 

Seulgi put the box carefully into her bag and turned to face Irene, who had the most endearing smile on her face.

 

Beautiful. Seulgi must’ve said it out loud because Joohyun was blushing now. And oh it brought back memories from Seulgi’s high school days. Irene Bae Joohyun was now barefaced with a pair of glasses and smiling to herself. The exact girl, the exact exprssion that Seulgi fell in love with.

 

“You’re such a flirt.” Irene giggled.

 

“Says the one who literally when overkill and bought all my favourite things for me.” Seulgi rebutted.

 

“That’s because I love you.” Irene confessed.

 

Seulgi didn’t know why that statement caught her off guard when the older girl’s love for her was quite apparent. But it stirred up something inside of the mono-lid woman. She shifted closer beside Irene until their shoulders touched and turned to face her.

 

Seulgi remembered this short clip on youtube about an expert analyzing Irene's face. They mentioned how her brows were of the perfect arch or shape; the symmetry of her eyes' her nose, lips and how her face shape suited Korea's ideal of beauty. She is destined to be loved by all. They show said. Seulgi couldnt agree more because Irene's beauty was promiment up close. Irene’s double lid eyes made them look big; all the more better for Seulgi to take in the full beauty of the older woman’s chocolate brown eyes under the faint moonlight. Irene Bae Joohyun really lived up to the name of Baephordite.

 

“Seulgi, we are at the Han River.”

 

“mm Hmm."

 

“Then, will you be my girlfriend Kang Seulgi?”

 

Oh those words, coming out of that smart mouth of hers. Seulgi found it annoying that Irene always knew what to say at the right time to make her feel a million things in her body. Most importantly, Irene kept her promise of confessing at the Han river.

 

A smile crept on to Seulgi’s lips and she nodded. “Yes.”

 

“Then today is our first day~” Irene hummed.

 

Cute. Beautiful. Gorgeous. Not amount of words in Seulgi’s vocabulary could describe the perfection whom she now called her girlfriend.

 

“Y-You… I really want to kiss you right now.” Seulgi whispered in an almost sultry voice.

 

“Then what are you waiting for?”

 

.

 

[Seoul Forest Trimage – Irene Bae Joohyun’s house]

 

Both girls were huffing again. First from carrying the bulky items back to Irene’s home and finally from another make out session that they shared on Irene’s bed. Irene’s face hovered above Seulgi while staring at her lovingly and caressing her hair.

 

“You’re a weird one Seulgi. You like to dive into more serious things so quickly when we just started out.” Irene said between huffs.

 

“Who told you to expose me to that world?” Seulgi purred as she planted strategic kisses at all of Irene’s right spots.

 

Irene suddenly stopped Seulgi and looked at her with seriousness in her eyes. “You never screwed around with anyone else, did you?”

 

“Well… Let’s just say my record is not as great as yours.”

 

Irene scoffed. But what did she expect? Seulgi probably needed a release every now and then. Irene doesn’t blame her but was curious of one thing.

 

“With Wendy?”

 

“NO!” The thought of doing her best friend was just odd. Irene chuckled at the latter’s contorted face.

 

“French women or me?”

 

“You.”

 

“Oh? I heard they were more… wild? Fun?”

 

“But they were not you.”

 

“You’re such a sweet talker. Going to Paris taught you well huh?”

 

“Do I get a reward?” Seulgi purred.

 

“Oh course~” Irene said seductively and tossed her shirt aside. 

 

"I love you Kang Seul Gi."

 

"I love you too Bae Joohyun." 

 

------------------ END ------------------

 

A/N: Thank you all for the subcriptions, reading this and also the upvotes! We may have come to the end but I am planning to write a bonus chapter for the story. I can't bear to see Seulgi and Wendy's friendship remain broken like this :")