-20-

My Secret

a/n: Thank you for the subs and upvotes :) Here's some Seulrene for a treat :P

 

 

Irene was notified that the promotional video was approved and would be shown to the current students to see their reaction. The video played during morning assembly and safe to say, students were very happy to see their idols being interviewed and Seulgi’s collab with Taemin.

 

Gasps were heard when the video credits showed that the videographer was Bae Joohyun of all people and that her person who edited it was Super Junior’s Shindong, who had recently been repopularised in current media.

 

Irene smiled a little when she heard people freaking out about how such prolific people could be in one small video and how Irene even got Shindong to help with it. If only they knew the school didn’t even have to spend a dime because of her.

 

Seulgi noticed changes as days passed. More people would come up to Joohyun to greet her and have small talks. Joohyun, as uncomfortable as she looked, would be seen trying her best to interact with them. Seulgi bit her lip she was kind of envious about how Joohyun’s attention was being given to other people.

 

During recess, Seulgi headed towards the Eco-garden. She didn't know why she suddenly wanted to go there but it was way more comfortable then listening to her friends talk about the promotional video for the 100th time of the day. Seulgi was surprised when she found Joohyun chilling alone in the garden. She heard the older girl sigh.

 

“Must be tiring having to interact all the time huh?” Seulgi spoke. It had been long since they did.

 

“Oh, hey Seulgi...” Irene acknowledged and then nodded.

 

“I’m just not used to this…” Irene continued.

 

“I know.” Seulgi said and took a seat opposite of Irene. Irene couldn’t even bring herself to look at the younger girl.

 

“So… How have you been?” Seulgi asked.

 

“Good.” Irene answered.

 

“How about your hand? Feeling better?” Seulgi asked again.

 

Irene looked towards her palm, now with just a band-aid and nodded.

 

“I guess your date kissed it better for you.” Seulgi blurted, sounding a bit bitter. She hoped Joohyun didn’t notice.

 

Irene said nothing and didn't let any emotion show but, she was throughly surprised to hear that Seulgi was looking at them that day.

 

Seulgi looked at her watch and noted that it was almost time towards the end of recess. She stood up, about to leave but halted after taking a step.

 

“Joohyun, about the other day when you wanted to talk to me… Um… I’m sorry for ditching… I-If you are still up for it... Let’s talk after my practice at your place.”

 

“S-sure.”

 

.

 

Moonbyul noticed that Irene was very distracted while she was filming a commercial with the Soju company. For someone who was usually professional, Moonbyul watched as she fumbled over her lines and got the director a little pissed.

 

“Let’s take 5.” The man sighed. Irene apologised profusely for messing up the words again and immediately went to memorizing while she was getting her touch ups done. Moonbyul wanted to go comfort her but she knew now’s not the right time.

 

In the end, the whole shoot ended an hour later than expected and Irene was left feeling disappointed in herself.

 

“Hey, don’t let it get to you too much. Everyone’s got their bad days.” Moonbyul tries to comfort as she drove Irene home.

 

“Not when those bad days are every day. He’s the third director that I pissed off this week.” Irene sighed.

 

“Hey princess, don’t beat yourself down like that. No one’s perfect.”

 

“Irene bae is supposed to be just that. The best is-“

 

“The best is supposed to deliver the best. Yes, I know. You’re a hard nut to crack aren’t you. Your persistance might just help you not just in your career.” Moonbyul winked.

 

.

 

Irene spent the next hour at home getting ready and preparing to meet Seulgi. Just as she was done drying her hair, the door bell rang. Seulgi was there smiling and lifted up the bag of takeout she had. It was sushi and Irene had missed it for a while now. 

 

They ate silently. Only commenting on the quality of the sushi every now and then. It took a while for Irene to speak first.

 

“So… um… I’m sorry for that day… I drank and I was not in the right mind… I kissed you… I’m sorry…” Irene said as best as she could.

 

“And I’m sorry for freaking out. The thought of cheating was just wrong to me…” Seulgi explained; However, she never came round to tell Taeyong about it.

 

Irene and Seulgi were glad that the main conversation was now out of the way. After their sushi meal, Irene switched on the TV and KBS entertainment just so happened to talk about what was the 'in' activities in Hongdae.

 

“You looked cute that day in Hongdae.” Seulgi said nonchalantly while her eyes were fixated on the TV.

 

“Y-You think so?” Irene blushed. She was gorgeous but it was different when Seulgi said she was.

 

“That was my first time seeing you in clothes like that.” Seulgi said.

 

“Actually, you have a lot of nice clothes but you didn’t wear them when we went out together.” Seulgi huffed.

 

“You talk like you went into my closet.” Irene scoffed trying to play it off.

 

“I did. Y-you probably don’t remember because you’re drunk.” Seulgi said. Please don’t ask more.

 

“What happened?” Irene asked.

 

Ahh …

 

Seulgi had to explain how Irene was drunk and how she got the cut on her palm. Reaching the part about the closet, Seulgi was starting to stammer as she tries her best to formulate the best sentence and not sound like a creep. Irene blushed and stopped Seulgi from continuing. She understood what she meant even if she didn’t say it all. Irene then changed the topic and dragged her along to her closet where she sat Seulgi down.

 

Irene picked out a few outfits and headed to the shoe closet; there was nowhere else to change. To Seulgi’s delight, Joohyun looked good in all of them; Joohyun was a natural beauty.

 

.

 

      

(The outfits Joohyun showed to Seulgi)

 

.

 

Joohyun’s last outfit was what Seulgi likes the most. Her top was classy, yet casual. The broad shoulder look it gave off made Irene look sophisticated. But at the same time, she found the right balance with her bangs and jeans, making her look like her actual age. Those black jeans... The way those black jeans fit her at all the right areas made Seulgi start to feel things in her abdomen.

 

Irene was gorgeous and she could feel the compliments pouring out from Seulgi’s eyes even if the latter was not talking.

 

“So... so about your date, where’d you meet her?” Seulgi asked; the outfit reminding her of that day.

 

“Hmm... in the lift? She lives here as well.” Irene said.

 

“What does she do?” Seulgi asked.

 

“A bar owner.” Iren answered.

 

“She’s good looking…” Seulgi said.

 

“Hmm… If that’s how you define good looking then I guess so.” Irene answered.

 

“Are you happy with her?” Seulgi asked.

 

Irene hummed.

 

“Oh t-that’s good... do you guys meet often? In your house I mean.” Seulgi asked. She didn’t know what she was hoping for.

 

Irene shook her head and walked closer to Seulgi.

 

“You’re asking about awful lot of questions about her. Perhaps you are interested in her?” Irene teased.

 

Seulgi immediately denied. That was not what she was trying to imply.

 

“Oh? Or perhaps you’re interested in in me?” Irene teases again.

 

“Ya~ you know I’m with Taeyong.” Seulgi reminded as she slapped Irene on the arm lightly.

 

“Hmm... too bad, this is all you get to see today.” Irene hummed and went to change back into her normal clothing. She saw Seulgi’s shoulders slump a little in disappointment.

 

“Only my dates get to see the better side.” Irene hinted. God she’s really going to hell. Irene knew crystal clear that Seulgi was dating Taeyong but she can’t help but still wanted Seulgi all to herself.

 

“Well, your date was really lucky...” Seulgi pouted; her voice radiated with disappointment.

 

Then just date me. Irene thought.

 

“Too bad for her because we decided to stay friends.” Irene said before she disappeared behind the door.

 

Seulgi felt a little bit happier for some reason.

 

.

 

[Seulgi's Home]

 

Seulgi plopped down on her bed, happy that she could finally get some rest. Before she dozed off, she made sure to inform Joohyun that she had arrived safe and sound. 

 

Seulgi: 

I'm home~ :3 

 

Joohyun: 

That's good :D 

 

Seulgi:

Thank you for letting me hang out with you today~ :) 

 

Joohyun: 

It was my pleasure. Sorry about the past few days though... :( 

 

Seulgi: 

I said it's all good. >:( Stop apologising. I feel guilty! 

 

Joohyun:

Here, compensation. 

 

Joohyun:

 

Seulgi:

O_O, pretty...

 

Seulgi smiled widely to herself and immediately saved that picture.