-30-

My Secret

Two more years passed just like that. After the fight, Seulgi cut ties with Wendy, who also happened to drop out to go back to Canada to study. Before she left, she assured Seulgi in a letter that her schooling and living quarters will still be paid for until she graduated. Wendy stated that it was the least that she could do after screwing with Seulgi like that.

 

Seulgi never replied to that letter. She never really forgave Wendy also.

 

Seulgi never thought to look for Joohyun after that day. She only knew Joohyun was back in Korea because she still follows the celebrity on Instagram. Everyday became kind of mundane for the international student. She went to school herself, talked and went out with some of her friends, but she was never truely happy after that. When Seulgi came back to Korea a year ago, she continued training in SM for the next year till present day. Seulgi was called into the CEO’s office today just for him to announce that she’ll be debuting tomorrow as an act, as well as model for the opening act for Seoul Fashion week. They were confident of Seulgi’s success because of the great response she had when they released their candidates in SM rookies.

 

"Keep in mind that you shall not talk about your past. Don't want any scandals arising now do we?" 

 

This sentence sounded all too familiar. Did she hear that from Irene?

 

"Understood. T-thank you sir." Seulgi said, but she sounded a little solemn. 

 

"Is there a matter Seulgi?" He enquired. 

 

"No sir. Maybe just a little tired from practice yesterday. However, I'll do my best." She bowed and left. 

 

Seulgi didn't know what to think about her debut. She always wanted to be a singer, but not a solo artist. She wanted to be in a group or unit of sort. However, she knew when she signed the contract 6 years ago, she'd be signing her freedom away. Seulgi chose to embrace whatever she had in the moment. She felt that she had nothing to lose anymore after whatever she'd been through.

 

Seulgi was leaving when she bumped into Irene. The later was chatting with Krystal along the hallway before their eyes landed on her. Seulgi gave them a simple smile and nod before going about her business. Krystal took note of how awkward the whole situation was; how Seulgi looked a little sad; and how Irene’s eyes looked at the latter longingly.

 

“Did you ever thought of chasing her back?” Krystal asked.

 

“I did... But I'm a coward.” Irene admitted. Krystal looked disappointed.

 

“So, 2 years… you let her go just like that, huh?” Krystal shook her head. She felt sorry for Irene. Irene also felt sorry for herself.

 

.

 

[Seoul Forest Trimage]

 

Another half a year passed like that.

 

Moonbyul was over at Irene's house. They latter invited her over on to have dinner with her - a very rare occasion even though Moonbyul is a close friend of Irene. 

 

"Right, I also brought over the revised script for the next few episodes of your new drama. Where do I put it?" Moonbyul asked. 

 

"Just chuck them in the study." Irene pointed with her chin and continued muching on the absurdly delicious steam clams that Moonbyul had bought. 

 

Moonbyul entered and immediately let out a scoff. All those times when Irene had eyes on Seulgi and including the two and a half years that she didn't talk to her, the pictured of the now solo artist was plastered all over her wall. Where Irene's favorite novel was once displayed, was replaced by Seulgi's solo album and magazines that featured her. 

 

"Ya, what's taking you so lo-" Irene choked on her words when she saw Moonbyul's smug face starting at her little Seulgi corner. 

 

"Old flames never die out huh?" Moonbyul chuckled. 

 

"I-I- I'M JUST A FAN!" Irene blurted.

 

"Sure Irene. Also, don't you think it's about time you go get your girl?"

 

"Byul. You know she litterally stares at me like I'm a bad thing. I don't think now is the right time." Irene exhaled. 

 

"Then when is the right time?!" Moonbyul asked, a little frustrated at how Irene Bae Joohyun was handling this whole situation. She'd never seen the idol this careless before.

 

"Irene Bae. You need to stop moping around and woman up."

 

.

 

[XXX Bar]

 

Joy was business as usual when she saw an international letter address to her.

 

Joy

 

This is Wendy. I know the last person you expect to have a letter from is me. However, I hope you take the time to read this and assist me in a request of mine, regarding Irene Bae and Kang Seulgi.

 

My request is simple. However, I am not the person fit for the job. Please help me patch them back together.

 

Wendy Son Seung Wan

 

Joy appreciated that letter. Though she still had a grudge against the Canadian for causing her friend’s unstable mental health, she wanted to see Irene happy.

 

The bar owner knew everything that happens in her bar even if shes not tending the floor. Looking at her records, she saw that another SME idol had registered as a regular. It happened to be none other than the best singer, dancer and model – an all-rounder – Kang Seulgi.

 

Joy picked up her phone got two important people on the line.

 

“Moonbyul? Yeri? It’s Joy. We got to talk.”

 

.

 

Joy got to know Yeri when she first came with Seulgi. Funny enough, it was Yeri who invited Seulgi to the club and Seulgi deciding to be a regular. Yeri was also Seulgi’s new manager when the last one quit due to the raising fame of the celeb.

 

“Yo.” Moonbyul Yeri a wink with her finger gun while the latter went for a fist bump. They both waited for Joy to come to their office.

 

“About time grandma.” Seulgi’s manager sassed while looking at her wrist where her non-existent watch was.

 

“Shut up. I’m an actual CEO with actual things to tend to.” Joy rolled her eyes.

 

“Anyway, welcome Byulyi and Yeri, to the ‘Seulrene Healing Camp’!” Joy announced. She was quite proud of herself for being able to come up with such a good name.

 

“Do you think it will work?” Moonbyul raised the concern.

 

“Think about it Byul. Isn't Irene is still obsessed with her?” Joy asked and Moonbyul nodded.

 

“And Yeri. Seulgi’s been here drinking after every episode of Irene’s new drama aired right?”

 

Yeri nodded. She also had a feeling that Seulgi decided to be a regular in Triple X not just because it was safe but because she still wished to see Joohyun. Some words though kept silent, were loud through actions. The idol she's taking care of was like an open book.

 

Joy could see that they were getting the point. “So I’m just giving them a push in the right direction.”

 

Moonbyul and Yeri looked at each other. After some thought, they all agreed over a shot of alcohol.

 

.

 

[XXX Bar – Seulrene healing camp]

 

Seulgi kept pestering her manager on the reason she was going to the bar. She had not planned on coming today when she clearly knew she had a scheduled shoot the next morning.

 

“I postponed it.” Yeri said.

 

“What? Why?” Seulgi asked.

 

“This one’s more important.” Yeri simply said.

 

It wasn’t like her manager to be so short in her answers. Usually the young lady would be blabbering away about things regarding and disregarding their schedules. Yeri seemed very suspicious and it made Seulgi a little uneasy. What was more important than work?

 

Many scenarios popped up in Seulgi’s mind. Was it another schedule? An endorsement for triple X? A party where she needed to show her face? Was she being sold to a rich fat dude?

 

“A sacrificial lamb?!” Seulgi gasped.

 

“What! No, dumb dumb!” Yeri immediately clarified after seeing the idol’s face sinking with every minute, she was thinking to herself.

 

“It’s nothing like that. Just trust me.” Yeri said as she parked.

 

Yeri brought them there with her own Mazda so that reporters wouldn’t catch on. If they were to know that Seulgi comes here, the idol who just debuted would be frowned upon. Fortunately, Triple X had a private carpark so they both could get into the bar without worry.

 

Seulgi watched as Yeri waved to a familiar woman.

 

“Greet, Seulgi. She’s the bar’s owner.” Yeri whispered as they got closer.

 

“Hello again, Seulgi.” Joy hummed.

 

“H-hi um…”

 

“Just call me Joy.”

 

“Hi Joy… I believe we have met before?” Seulgi said, a little surprised to see that Joy was the owner of Triple X. She finally found a reason to why Joohyun was always able to ride in a Rolls-Royce after school.

 

“Oh?” Joy didn’t remember revealing herself to Seulgi whenever she came to the bar.

 

“Ire- Joohyun’s ‘date’?” Seulgi prodded further.

 

“Ah! Right, right… We are just friends.” Joy clarified. Seulgi nodded. She remembered that Joohyun had already clarified that doubt many years ago.

 

Joohyun… Seulgi hasn't mentioned her name in a long time.

 

“Alright, no time to waste. Come with me.” Joy announced.

 

.

 

Irene was seated in the private room with Moonbyul, whose attention was locked on her phone.

 

“What are we doing here?” Irene asked again.

 

“You’ll see soon.” Moonbyul said.

 

“You kept saying that.” Irene whined.

 

“Be patient.” Moonbyul sighed and looked at the door. That was when she saw Joy beckoning to her.

 

“Right, stay here. It’s my cue to go.”

 

“What?” Before Irene could catch her, Joy’s bartenders got in her way while they were brining in the alcohol that they were tasked to.

 

After they went out, Irene heard a scuffle outside before a woman was pushed into the room and the door locking them in.

 

“H-hey!” The woman pounded at the door.

 

‘S-o-r-r-y.’ Joy mouthed before her, Yeri and Moonbyul left.

 

‘What’s going on?’ Irene wanted to ask. But the woman beat her to it. Her tone was full of hatred, venom. It stung even when Irene had no idea who she was – Until she turned around.

 

“S-Seulgi…” Irene uttered.

 

“You planned this didn’t you?!” The younger girl snapped.

 

“W-what? Of course not! Do you think I want to be locked up with you?” Irene scoffed.

 

“Oh I don’t know, maybe to screw me?” Seulgi said in a sarcastic tone. “When I came to this bar, ‘Irene gives good ’ was all I heard from those celebs. And here I thought I could drink in peace.”

 

Irene was a little taken aback. It wasn’t untrue that she’s known to be quite the player in the bar. “I-I don’t do that anymore.” Irene clarified.

 

Seulgi did not believe it. Irene wanted to prove that this confinement was not her doing. She reached for her bag – her bag was gone.

 

“ing Byul.” Irene inhales sharply.

 

“Don’t look at me. Yeri has my phone too.” Seulgi grumbled.

 

They were both stuck now.

 

“I swear I didn’t-“

 

“Save your excuses Joo- Irene.” Seulgi walked over and chugged away at a bottle of Soju to get herself high enough.

 

“Do what you want to do and let me out.” Seulgi said while ing her shirt.

 

 

 

A/N: Here is a visual of what they were wearing :) Double release (Chapter 29 & 30) to celebrate the end of my tiring night shift :") + 3rd last chapter!!! Hope you guys are still enjoying this story! :D