-16-

My Secret

a/n: more drama ensues O_o 

 


 

 

 

The very next day, a weekend, the principal called the planning team back to school. He even told Seolhyun to bring her camera she loaned.

 

All of the girls got the shock of their life when they saw Kai, Taemin, Taeyeon and Krystal in the same meeting room. Well, all of them were surprised except for Irene - who was the reason the four busy idols and high-profile alumnus can be sitting in the room together. 

 

"Oh my god?! I cant believe you did it Mr. Principal!" Seolhyun gasped. 

 

"No, no, I didn't do it alone." He chuckled. 

 

"Maybe Taeyong? I heard he's popular with the celebs. He was talking the other day." Jimin commented. 

 

"I should really thank him~" Seulgi hummed.

 

Krystal shot Irene a look but she just quietly raised her finger to her lips. Taeyeon took notice of Irene's saaddened expression when the name 'Taeyong' popped up. She was not dense even if Irene did not involve her in the realationship drama. She cleared and immediately got everyone's attention back.

 

“Ah~ The celebs have kindly agreed to do an interview with-“ The principal didn’t even get to continue when Jimin pushed past Yeri and Joohyun to ask them for an picture.

 

Krystal clenched her jaw when she saw her best friend stumble. The other 3 did not look happy as well. It was odd seeing the powerful woman reduced to a timid mess as her double life.

 

“I’m sorry but we are on a schedule so can we get this interview going?” Krystal snapped.

 

Jimin grumbled and sat down.

 

“Sorry, May I ask the others to leave? Joohyun and I would like to interview the guests with minimum disturbance.” Yeri said.

 

Irene enjoyed the look on Seolhyun and Jimin’s face when Yeri shot them the indirect. But she didn’t like the sad look on Seulgi’s. It didn’t fit her for some reason.

 

“Seulgi, can you stay? I have this idea... but it’s best if I ask after the interview so just listen in.”

 

Seulgi was ecstatic. She nodded and quickly took her spot beside Irene.

 

“Oh, and take photos too. The principal said he wants it in the handbook for this year.” Yeri reminded.

 

Taeyeon, who had been sitting quietly, couldn’t help but notice Irene smiling to herself.

 

.

 

The interviews went well with Yeri’s anchorwoman skills as well as Irene’s professional camera work; after all, the secret celeb had tons of experience.

 

“So about that idea?” The principal asked when he and the other two girls joined them.

 

“How about Taemin-ssi do a short dance intro together?”

 

Seulgi almost passed out. Her, dancing with a god?! She could never.

 

“That sounds great! But...” He looked that the celeb.

 

“Well, I think Ir- Joohyun’s idea sounds great. I’m cool with it. What about 'Drip drop'? I heard you have been practicing.” Taemin suggested.

 

Irene heaved a sigh of relief that Seulgi did not notice the slip. Meanwhile, the star-struck girl nodded excitedly. It was settled, Seulgi would come to SM the whole of next week to practice the choreography while Irene was in charge of the editing.

 

That night, Seulgi was looking through the photos she took so that she could put it in a thumb drive and pass it to the principal. It was then that she noticed that she had snapped a picture of Joohyun.

 

“Wow...” Seulgi uttered. Joohyun looked really pretty in her weekend outfit and her hair let down. It was really rare to see Joohyun dressed in anything else other than hoodies. Seulgi kind of likes the more fashionable Joohyun. It felt rewarding every time she gets to see Joohyun in something else on her instagram or in real life.

 

 

Seulgi chuckled when she scrolled to the next photo. The director was very muched pissed off at the amount of NGs they had because of Park Jimin's atrocious acting.

 

 

 

(Flashback)
 
"Cut!" Irene yelled for the umpteen time. 
 
The director, clearly pissed off, stormed onto the set to give more direction to the bad actress. 
 
"I said act like friends, not girlfriends. You cling on to Seulgi like she belongs to you or something." Irene said irritably. 
 
"FYI boomer, this is teenage skinship." Jimin snapped and latched on to Seulgi tightly. 
 
'Heol' Irene scoffed, crossing her arms. It was undeniable that she was jealous seeing someone else's arms around Seulgi. It made her want to mark her territory.
 
Irene rolled her eyes and told Jimin to scoot away. She demostrated the visual and feel of the scene she wanted Jimin and Seulgi to potray. 
 
"Just hold her arm LIGHTLY." Irene emphasised while staring at Jimin. She then cued for Seulgi to recite the line with her. 
 
"Hi~ I am Joohyun and..." Her tone was a pitch higher; a good thing which could grab the attention of viewers. Irene then turned to look at Seulgi. 
 
Seulgi looked back at her but then felt her breath being stolen away. That smile that Joohyun had on her face was the smile that Seulgi loved to see. At that moment, all Seulgi could think about was how prominent Joohyun's beauty was up close.
 
"Seulgi? Seulgi!" Irene furrowed her brows. 
 
The younger girl snapped out of her daze and apologised. They went for the second take and this time it was perfect. 
 
Seulgi left a tad bit of sadness when Joohyun's hand slipped away from hers. However, the lingering feeling was enough to make her oddly feeling happy.
 
"You get it now?" Irene asked Jimin. 
 
"Yeah, yeah." She said half heartedly.
 
(Flashback end)

 

Seulgi admitted that Joohyun would've done a way better job if she was the one acting.

 

.

 

[SM ENTERTAINMENT]

 

Irene fiddles with the thumb drive while heading towards Shin dong’s office. The girl had called up her oppa to see if he could help her with reviewing and editing the video, which she spent days on.

 

Irene was leaving the establishment and decided that she could take a detour to the practice rooms. She wanted to make sure that Seulgi was okay and that she wasn’t doing any strenuous activity. She remembered Seulgi limping yesterday but made no comment about it.

 

Irene peeped through the glass door discreetly and was relieved to see the girl practicing on the piano instead of dancing her heart out. Irene was about to leave when she saw another person walking toward Seulgi and sitting beside her with his arms around her.

 

Irene’s eyes widened. She continued watching the things slowly unfolded in front of her. She finally knew why Seulgi had changed her chatroom pictures. Irene was staring so hard that her eyes seemed to bore though the soul of that boy. Her fist curled inwards with every inch that the boy was leaning towards Seulgi.

 

Seulgi.

 

He must’ve called because Seulgi turned to look at him. That was it. They kissed right there and then. Seulgi didn’t push him away. She seemed to like it from how her hands s around his waist.

 

“Hey Irene, I was waiting for you since forever. You are going to be late-“ Moonbyul’s throat seemed to stop functioning when her line of slight followed Irene’s to see the latter’s high school mate kissing the other trainee.

 

Moonbyul turned back to Irene and could see the hurt expression in the latter’s eyes. Not wanting to prolong the latter’s pain, she grabbed Irene by the wrist and dragged her away.

 

Irene sat spaced out in the car, the kiss that affected her so much replaying in her head over and over again. Just then her phone dinged. So did Moonbyul’s.

 

“…” Moonbyul said when she watched the video and saw Irene watching it as well.

 

.

 

 

Kai has a group of people he contacted when he wanted feedback. That group consisted of Solar, Moonbyul, Chanyeol and Irene. Moonbyul used to be Kai’s dance teacher before she met with an accident that did not allow her to dance for extended periods of time. Instead of firing her, the CEO offered her a position as Irene’s manager when met with the financial depression and many staff quit.

 

Kai wanted feedback from the choreography that he made for Seulgi and Taeyong for their next evaluation. It wasn’t Kai’s fault. Irene does not blame him. All he wanted to do was just show her the dance and ask for her opinion on things.

 

Moonbyul’s next task was to call the restaurant that Irene wanted to have dinner at the cancel the reservation. She then called Joy and told her that she and Irene were going to be there in a couple of minutes.

 

.

 

[XXX Bar]

 

“What the hell happened to her again?” Joy asked when she walked into the private room to see Irene having a drunken tantrum while Krystal and Moonbyul were trying their best to calm her down.

 

“I-It’s my fault… I should have told her sooner.” Krystal blamed herself.

 

“You mean the girl she’d been obsessed with? How did that even happen?” Joy asked as she subbed a lethargic Moonbyul.

 

“I don’t know either. I hadn’t even notice anything out of the-“ Moonbyul paused.

 

Irene waving at Seulgi.

 

Irene smiling at her phone all the time.

 

Irene’s non-stop blabbering about Seulgi.

 

Irene inviting her over to her home.

 

Irene cooking for her.

 

Irene telling her to buy lunch that she alone cannot finish.

 

Irene buying shoes for her.

 

Irene stealing her car to go get her.

 

Irene drinking because of her.

 

“I think she fell in love.” Moonbyul blurted.

 

"Oh no... no." Joy shook her head in denial. Joy never thought Irene was capable to get seriously into someone.

 

“One-sided love.” Krystal added.