-10-

My Secret

A/N: Another double release :D Since my mind was in high gear while writing the fan fic! Hope you guys have been enjoying so far! Stay safe and healthy <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Irene, with the little information Seulgi was giving her, was now in her walk-in closet choosing Seulgi her outfit.

 

  1. Something comfortable to move in
  2. Cooling to wear for the summer
  3. Hip but not too flashy

 

Those 3 points were what Irene had to work with. And with her extensive collection of branded goods, Irene found it hard to produce what the latter requested for. She ransacked her closet and managed to find some clothes that she used to wear as Bae Joohyun when she was in her first year of high school; when she bothered to have friends. But she clearly had no more need for it. She thanked herself for not chucking them away. She picked out a pastel pink and white varsity jacket, black and white crop top and a pair of washed out denim shorts. She handed them to Seulgi who thanked her profusely.

 

“Oh, I’ll be leaving early to run some errands for my... um... parents. So just remember to lock the door when you’re out. If you need breakfast, I think I have some biscuits in the cabinet.”

 

“Right, thank you.” Seulgi hummed.

 

.

 

Seulgi woke up the next day with the urge to pee. She forced herself to get out of bed and search for the bathroom. She came to a door but it was locked. "Study Room' The gold rectangular sign on the door read. She wondered what was behind it but that thought didn't last long becasue Seulgi knew it was wrong to pry too much.

 

"!" She cursed at herself. Any more dilly dally, she'd be late for auditions.

 

.

 

[SM Entertainment Audition Room]

 

Irene was dressed to impress. That was what the latter was known for because she always tries to look her best even if she was going to SME for lessons. There was not a day where her collogues would see her messy side – other than the friends she drinks with of course.

 

The judges consisted of a panel of 4 people in the company, each of them excelling in their own craft of dance, Vocals, Rap and visual performance (acting and modeling). They were, Kai, Solar, Chanyeol and Irene respectfully.

 

“Hoel.” Chanyeol whistled as Irene walked in, looking as stunning as always.

 

“I would start to think that your lover was coming for auditions.” Solar teased. Irene scoffed and just rolled her eyes.

 

“Shall we begin?” Kai asked and the 3 of them nodded in unison.

 

.

 

SM entertainment held their annual auditions around spring and many were lining up outside the building. Among them was Seulgi who was already waiting for her turn in the auditorium. She was nervous, practicing her dance alone non-stop all the way at the corner.

 

“Oh! Seulgi, you’re here too?” Taeyong, Seulgi’s same year schoolmate squeezed past the crowd to say hi.

 

Seulgi and Taeyong were not in the same clique since the boy likes to hang out with is other boy group dance troop but she and him spoken a few times when they were in dance club.

 

“Hey.” Seulgi smiled. Happy to see someone familiar at a place like this. It kind of makes her feel more relaxed.

 

“I thought I overheard the boys saying that you were ditching SM And going to the YG auditions instead?”

 

“Nah~. They think I suit YG’s style but I personally wanted to give SM a try.” Taeyong said.

 

Seulgi nodded.


The both of them conversed a while about school and dancing, letting each other’s company calm their nerves a bit.

 

“Number 1270. Please proceed to the audition room.”

 

That was Taeyong’s cue to go. He promised he’ll tell Seulgi about his audition before bidding her goodbye. Meanwhile, Seulgi waited nervously for the outcome of her friend.


The results were not surprising. Taeyong was a charmer, great charisma and the best dancer out of his troop. Observing him during dance practice, Seulgi knew the guy had a knack for acting too. Taeyong ran back to Seulgi with the good news and they both shared a hug.

 

“See you at the second interview Seul!” He hummed.

 

“Hmm… We’ll see.” Seulgi smiled.

 

“Hey, I know you can do it. You’re Kang Seulgi for god’s sake. If you can win the school over, you can win any audition.” Teayong complimented.

 

“Number 1288, please proceed to the audition room.” The speakers blared. It was finally Seulgi’s turn.

 

“Hwaiting!” Teayong cheered. Seulgi thanked him.

 

.

 

Seulgi had never felt anxiety to such a great extent. She was definitely prepared but the question of whether it was good enough, was nerve wrecking.

 

Seulgi stood, stiff, in front of the 4 judges. Amongst them sat the great Irene Bae - the real thing in flesh and blood.

 

“Oh, Hi~” She smiled and greeted. Irene had noticed the familiar outfit and upon longer inspection was very surprised that Seulgi was actually here. So that was why she looked so troubled yesterday.

 

“Before we start, May I ask why you choose us?” Irene raised her brow.

 

“I.. um... I- sorry-“

 

“It’s okay, take your time, I know you’re nervous.” Irene assured.

 

Seulgi took a deep breath to calm her nerves a little. She then went on to explain how she was a fan of Irene’s and aspired to be like her. That was why she chose to join the company. Irene was visibly pleased with the flattering. She thanked Seulgi for her honesty before moving on to audition proper.

 

Seulgi’s segment was a dance.

 

Oh… Irene may or may not have regretted giving her that outfit because Seulgi’s toned abs were on display. Irene could see them as clear as day. There was just something about Seulgi wearing her clothes. Irene kind of liked that idea; Seulgi just manages to make everything look good on her.  The way Seulgi moved so flawlessly with the song did not help Irene’s sanity either. 

 

 

Chanyeol suddenly nudges Irene and slides his notes toward her.

 

Go to church, .

 

Irene swore she almost wanted to chew him out then and there.

 

Seulgi’s performance was great and got loads of compliments but the judges asked for more. They wanted to see if Seulgi had any other talents.

 

“I-I’m sorry... I just prepared a dance...” she uttered.

 

The other judges sighed as good as Seulgi was in her craft, they knew that SM was not going to accept her based on one positive. Judging based on their expressions, Seulgi knew that she wouldn’t make the cut. Just as they were about to dismiss her, Irene spoke.

 

“Seulgi-ssi. You said you were my fan right? Hmm... then you’d know the OST to my latest drama, am I right?” Irene hummed. The other judges looked at her. She had this smile that seemed to hint at something.

 

Seulgi nodded but was about to reject when Irene cut her off.

 

“Sing the main one then, don’t be shy. I really want to hear it.”

 

When Seulgi’s idol wanted to hear it, the diehard fan delivered. Seulgi started out with a nervous, shaky voice at first but after seeing Irene smile and clap along to her melody, she gained the confidence to belt out notes.

 

The other judges were presently surprised. It was safe to say that Seulgi got a chance at second audition.

 

“Wow, she’s something.” Solar said.

 

“You really have a good eye for talent, don’t you?” Kai asked Irene.

 

Irene just smiled and winked.

 

.

 

Seulgi:

‘Joohyun! Let’s go out today~ I have good news!!’

 

Irene checked her phone during the break and smiled to herself. Seulgi texted her first. 

 

“I guess I have to experience it twice.” She chuckled to herself.