Chapter 9

Mana Academy

Onew went out from Seungyeon’s dorm and called Minzy, the clairvoyance mana user. “Minzy, I need your help. Try to ‘see’ where Taemin, the junior grade student whereabout is.”

Minzy knew Onew would call her. She knew all this event too from her clairvoyance. “He’s in the dangerous class. The one in the basement of the school.”she said shortly.

“Thanks.”Onew hung up the phone and ran. When he went inside the school building, he turned into a small sparrow and flew. He spotted the dangerous class and saw Taemin was lain down on the chair , unconscious.

 

“How can I sneak up to him.”thought Onew. There were two dangerous students who guarded Taemin in there and luckily, Junki wasn’t in there.

 

Then he thought something. He flew back to the stair and changing himself into Minho, the one who he saw before. He planned to pretend as Minho, get rid the other students, and brought Taemin back quickly.

 

Onew walked to the class using Minho’s form. “Guys, Mr. Junki is calling you. I will guard in here.”said Onew in Minho’s deep voice.

“Okay, thanks Minho.”said the students.

They left Onew with Taemin alone. When Onew sure they have gone, Onew reverted back and kneeled down near Taemin.

 

“Taemin, wake up. It’s me.”he patted Taemin’s cheek gently. Although he was still angry with Taemin, but he still can’t leave this boy alone.

“Taemin, we have to get out from here.”Onew called taemin once again but he still didn’t move.

 

“Well well. The president is here. You sure take care of that boy a lot.”suddenly a voice came from behind Onew. He turned back and saw Junki with the real Minho and TOP were standing near the door.

Onew then turned himself back into his normal self and stared at Junki.

 

"You know, that boy Taemin.. he has some great powers but those powers of his are not useful anywhere else but with me. Those powers of his are not made to do good, you know that fire can only destroy. If he doesn't join with us his powers will be useless.. you want to ruin the boys future? With me, he could do great things." Junki smirked.

 

"Do great things.." Taemin said weakly as he opened his eyes slightly.

 

"Yes Taemin.. with me you can do great things. You wouldn't feel bad about your powers anymore and feel bad about your family. You could become something so great." Junki continued.

 

Suddenly Seungyeon appeared behind Junki and Minho. "Taemin! Don't listen to him!" she yelled and ran towards Taemin and Onew. She had been with Joon but couldn't just wait at the dorm when she knew she could help.

 

She tried to grab Taemin's hand to teleport him away from the room but was stopped as she felt the shadow pulling her further away from Taemin.

 

"I know what you are trying to do." Junki smirked.

 

Seungyeon was struggling to go to Taemin but couldn't move. She tried to teleport closer but was unable to do that too because of the huge darkness around her.

Minho's power was so powerful that everytime someone was surrounded by the darkness coming from him they couldn't use their power properly.

Taemin open his eyes, still feeling a bit hazy, his wounds haven't heal yet. He saw Onew with Junki and Seungyeon with Minho.

 

"Taemin you can do great things with your power. Come and join me."

 

"No, don't." Seungyeon struggle to get off Minho's shadow.

 

My power can only destroy things, nothing good can the fire create. taemin was observed with his own thoughts.

 

Junki then try to approach Taemin but was stop by Onew. Onew's face looks very serious. he just can't let Junki take Taemin.

 

taemin just close his ears didn't want to hear anything else. His mind is full with options, he can't take it. Without knowing he release a big flame out. The flame then gone uncontrol.

 

Onew then make his move avoiding the flame, Minho let go of Seungyeon and Seungyeon teleport herself, all of them was avoiding Taemin's flame which is moving without control, burning everything within each reach.

 

Seungyeon then teleport herself to Joon, "Onew go get Taemin."

 

She went to teleport Joon, Onew then approach Taemin. Junki try to stop Onew but then his hands get burned by the flame. Seungyeon come back teleport herself to Onew and Taemin.

 

"Okay then hold on."

 

Taemin and Onew then get teleported by Seungyeon. The three of them then landed at the dorm.

 

"Ah,,,that was close, I am exhausted."

 

Onew look at the younger boy, grabbing his hand, the younger boy flinched.

 

"It hurts...."

taemin says in a small voice, Onew then look at Taemin's arm was bleeding adn the younger boy was crying.

Seungyeon kneeled in front of Taemin, "It's okay....." and hug him. Taemin then burst into tears

 

Onew just stared silently, not even letting go Taemin's arm.

“Thank you for your help Seungyeon, Joon.”said Onew quietly. “But we can’t just leave him alone unprotected again.”

“Then I’ll stay here.”Joon offering himself.

“No. You go back and tell the other student council to keep an eye on dangerous class, Junki, and Taemin when he wakes up tomorrow. Tell them what happened.”said Onew.

“I….”Seungyeon was a little hesitating to speak. She knew Onew won’t let her to stay too.

“You need some rest. You’ve done a great help, and you just have been attacked.”Onew explained gently. “You can see him tomorrow. We will take turn to protect him.”

“Alright. I’ll see you tomorrow.”said Seungyeon. Then, before she went out, she turned back to Onew. “And take care of your shoulder too.”

“Oh, right. I’ll heal you.”said Joon.

Onew shook his head slowly. “I’m fine.”

“Okay if you say so.”Joon walked out with Seungyeon .

 

Actually, Onew was feeling tired too. After those things happened and not to mention his wounded shoulder. He walked to Taemin’s room and watching the boy sleep. His face was still having tears stain. He wiped Taemin’s cheeks and sat down on the floor next to his bed to sleep.

 

~~Onew’s Dream~~

“Umma?”small Onew was staring at his mother who looked scared with him. He reached out his small hand to his mother before she slaps it away.

“Don’t touch me! I don’t have a child who isn’t a human.”she said coldy.

Young Onew were shocked hearing his mother said that. Tears were rolling down his cheeks.

~~End~~

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Joon was walked Seungyeon back to her room. She looked pretty tired. She was attacked by a lightning and teleported herself and other people many times. It must be drained her power.

 

“Seungyeon, be careful. Junki teacher already saw you, me, and Onew. There’s a possibility that they might attack us too.”Joon warned Seungyeon.

“I know. Don’t worry. I can take care of myself.”she smiled assuring Joon.

“Well, good night.”Joon waved to her and the he left to meet the student council’s member and do what Onew said to him.

--

Seungyeon laid down on her bed and pulled the covers over her head.

Phew what a day.. i'm exhausted~ she yawned and closed her eyes. Almost right away she fell asleep.