Chapter 8

Mana Academy

Seungyeon stared at some students from Junki's class who were practicing outside.

 

I can't let Taemin become like that..

 

There were two girls who could manipulate the weather, they were practicing how to hit each other correctly with the lightnings.

 

They are only practicing that to hurt someone later with that power..

 

Suddenly Seungyeon teleported herself beside one girl. "You know.. you could do something more useful with that skill of yours. There's many places in this world that for example need water, some real dry places.. you could change the weather in those places in a good way. But all you want to do is cause disasters.. am I right?"

 

The girl Yuri glared at Seungyeon. "Why would I want to save this world, it hasn't given me anything good this far. It's much better this way, since I have this power I will use it.. the way I want to. Now go away!"

 

Yuri flew a lightning toward Seungyeon but she was fast enough to teleport herself away from there to another spot. Yuri tried to aim at her again but Seungyeon moved again to another place.

 

"YAH! Seungyeon what are you doing there? That is dangerous, you know who they are right?" Joon suddenly yelled from the distance.

Seungyeon glanced at the direction where he was at and she lost her concentration for a moment.

 

"AHH!" Suddenly the lightning hit her and she fell on the ground.

 

"Seungyeon!" Joon ran to her fast.

 

------------

Taemin just stared at Onew who is leaving, Taemin just stayed there doing nothing. He just can't get close to people anymore he is too scared that his power would harm them.

 

After being in there for a few minutes, he came out and heard that other students a re fussing around.

 

"You know that a damgerous class attack a student council member."

 

Taemin listen to what they are saying and he is going to where the crowd is gather. When he arrived there he saw Joon was carrying a unconcious Seungyeon, he then run to Joon.

 

"Is she alright?"

 

"she just got struck by a lightning, she will be fine after all she's a strong girl."

 

Taemin look at the dangerous class who are now looking at him back, he even saw that Junki was smirking at him. TAemin turn his head around and begin to follow Joon, but then he is suddenly surrounded by darkness and the shadow was pulling him.

 

"Taemin."

 

Joon was screaming from a far but he was confused because he still carrying Seungyeon so he just can stared at Taemin who is being pull by the shadow.

 

"Minho..stop doing that."

 

The one who is controlling the shadow was Minho a student from dangerous class. But Minho won't listen to Joon.

 

Taemin is struggling to get away from the shadow so he used his fire to try and cut it. But then yuri make a storm which attack Taemin very hard, the wind from the storm make cuts in his body here and there. Joon who watch that feel the urge to fight and help Taemin, the dangerous class is out of control.

 

Taemin then use his fire to attack the dangerous class, though his body is bleeding. Junki then used his power to attack taemin.

 

Meanwhile..

 

Onew hear a call that a fight was going on rush to the place. He won't be happy to see what is going on

Onew ran as fast as he can when he received a call from Yunho, telling Joon and two other students were being attacked by the dangerous class. He reverted back to himself before he reached there. But what he saw there was really a chaos. Seungyeon fainted in Joon’s arms, Taemin was kneeled down and bleeding, and there was also Minho, a dangerous class student in sophomore grade who attacked Taemin.

Onew ran to Minho who was ready to attack again

--

Minho looked at the struggling Taemin. The boy was attacking him with fire, but he stayed still.

He watched as Junki, Yuri, and the other students from the dangerous class kept attacking the poor boy. Soon after, Taemin's attacks started to fade and his body began to fall.

 

Joon came running to Taemin's injured body. He was slowed down, carrying Seungyeon's body along.

 

Minho got the opportunity to attack Taemin again. He approached Taemin slowly, his hands forming shadows over the boy's body.

 

Joon screamed in horror. "Noo!! Taemin!"

Onew ran to Minho who was ready to attack again.

 

Minho lifted his hands and.....

He felt someone was blocking him, making the shadows disappeared. He glanced up and was face to face with Onew.

 

"Stop it right there."

Minho stopped his attack and stared at Onew who was shorter than him.

“Ah, the student council’s president. You came.”Junki turned to Onew.

“Sir, you should know that attacking other student with or without using mana is forbidden. You should control your students.”said Onew.

“Yes, I know. But they are ‘dangerous’ after all. How I could hold them all by myself?”Junki walked closer to Onew and now he stands before him.

 

Joon were crouching down near Taemin, trying to heal his wound while still hugging Seungyeon. Then, Yunho came from behind and brought Joon, Seungyeon, and Taemin moved a few meters back from the dangerous students. He casted a barrier around them, leaving Onew alone with the dangerous class.

 

“Wait, Yunho. Onew is still out there.”said Joon.

“Don’t worry, they won’t attack the president. We are here, they wouldn’t dare to.”said Yunho calmly.

 

“You do your job as the president well, Onew.”said Junki. He walked closer and placed his hand on Onew’s shoulder. “But maybe too well.”Junki let out his mana power which was acid liquid from his hand. Onew winced when he felt his shoulder was burning. “See you later.”

 

Junki and the dangerous class walked away from there. Yunho canceled his barrier and taking care of Taemin which already half unconscious.

 

“You take care of Taemin. I’ll bring Seungyeon to her dorm.”Onew walked to Joon and took Seungyeon from him. He can’t be with Taemin while he was still upset. Onew walked without turning back to Joon who called his name. He went to Seungyeon’s dorm and trying to hold the pain from his burned shoulder.

--

Seungyeon opened her eyes slowly, she could still feel some electricity in her body from the lightnings.

 

"Onew... what are you doing here?" she asked sitting up when she saw Onew sitting beside her on the couch in the dorm living room.

 

"Just making sure you are okay.." Onew said and held his shoulder trying to endure the pain.

"What happened to your shoulder?" she frowned and held his wrist moving his hand away to see what was under it.

Seungyeon's eyes widened. "Omo! Who did that to you?"

 

"Teacher Junki. " Onew said silently. "But i'm okay, don't worry." he smiled slightly. "You should have some rest, you were struck by a lightning."

 

"You are not okay. I won't rest until I help you with that wound of yours." Seungyeon pouted and got up.

 

--------

 

Joon looked at Taemin firmly. "Taemin, there is something you need to know. Teacher Junki, he is not a good man.. if he ever asks you to come and join..."

Suddenly Joon had to stop talking as someone was controlling his mind, not wanting him to tell Taemin more information.

Joon held his head and closed his eyes.

 

Taemin looked at Joon weakly. "What did you say hyung?"

Taemin look at Joon with a worried face, what was Joon trying to tell him. His body feel very weak and he didn't think that he can open his eyes longer.

 

Taemin then fainted in Joon's arm, Joon whose head still was controled by someone then just stay still. While someone get close to the both of them and carried Taemin away from Joon.

 

"Good job TOP."

 

"Yes Mr Lee."

 

Junki carried Taemin out, and TOP wwas also leaving. Joon who is suddenly get a hold of himself just realized that Taemin is missing.

 

"where could he be?"

 

Joon then went to where Onew and Seungyeon are. Seungyeon was bandaging Onew's shoulder, then Joon disturb them both.

 

"Onew...he's missing."

 

"who?"

 

Onew look at Joon's worried face, "Don't tell me it's Taemin." Seungyeon stop what she is doing and then stand up from the couch but since she is still weak she sit down again.

 

"What? who took him?"

"Who else."

 

Onew then grab his clothes and wear it as fast as he could.

 

"Joon take care Seungyeon."

"I wanna come." Seungyeon insisted, "you will need help."

"You can't, just stay. Joon don't let her do anything or even leave this place."

 

Onew is furious now, Junki really is breaking the border