Chapter 1

Mana Academy

“Good morning all students. And I want to welcome all new students. Welcome to Mana, special academy for people who was born with gift. Here you will learn about your Mana power, how to control it, and how to use it wisely.”said the man who stood in the stage. He looked like in his 30, but actually he was already 40. His power made him looks young.

“I’m Kim Sooro, the principal. I will be your parent in here, and this will be your second house.”he said.

Sooro wasn’t alone in the stage. There were some teachers and other students stood behind him. Then Sooro turned back and whispered something, ordering someone to come forward. The brown haired guy with small eyes walked closer and stood beside him.

“This is Onew, a sophomore student in physical section. He is the new president of student council. And he will explain about this school for you.”Sooro handed the mic to the boy who shocked hearing he should explain to new students.

“Sir, isn’t it your job to do it?”he whispered softly.

“I already explained since this school opened until now. I even can say it while I sleep. You should try it.”Sooro just patted Onew’s shoulder and then he went to stand beside the other teacher.

 

Onew turned to the students, trying to calming himself and then start speaking. “Well….hi! You already heard my name, my position, and my class, so let’s start. Mana Academy is same like any normal high school. There are 3 grade, junior, sophomore, and senior. You will learn in each grade for one year. In each grade there are 6 sections. You will attend it according to your mana power. There is physical which is for mana power who manipulates and involving physical power or body; mental which is for mana power who use mental power; elemental which is for mana power who can manipulates elements; technology which is for mana power who can manipulates electronic things; teleportation which is for mana power specialist in teleport of course; and Special section for any mana power which is not from any section. And uhh………….” Onew looked back to Sooro. He didn’t know what to say again. Sooro remembering him about ID card and Grade Necklace.

 

“Oh, you can see your section in your own ID card. And all of you must be already have a Grade Necklace. In Mana, you don’t have to wear uniform to identify your grade. Those necklaces are important items which you should wear everyday as the replacement for uniform. Blue is for junior grade, red for sophomore, and black for senior.”said Onew while showing his own Grade Necklace.

“Ok, that’s it. The rest will get it in your class tomorrow. If you confuse about something, you can ask the teachers, other students, the principal, or me.”he smiled brightly. Then he went back to stand with the other student council members as Sooro took the mic back.

“Okay, done. You can go back to your dorm. And don’t forget you will have your first class for this year tomorrow.”after he said that, all students started to stand and walk out from the hall.

 

Taemin just stared at the new academy he attended to, he really new to all of this.

He had been shocked when he first realised his power which accidentally burnt down his house, not to mention making his parents afraid of him. He look at his ID, elemental, he hates having this power.

"hei, you're the new student?" a boy older than him approach him, "Please go this way." He follow the older boy and found himself in his new room at the dorm.he then lay back at the bed and look at the ceiling.

 

the next day....

 

Taemin rushed into his new class, the academy is so big and he haven't get used to it yet. He found his class and open the door and see that the class is still empty only a few student are seen. He then sit in a desk next to the window.

 

"HEi...My name is Key, and you are?" a beautiful boy (from Taemin's view he is beautiful) "Taemin." Taemin just stared at the boy who is now happily talk about something that Taemin doesn't seems to catch up with. Then the class become more merrier, and when the bell rings a very dandy looking guy came in the class.

 

"I am Kyung Ji your homeroom teacher for this year. I know you guys are still new to the academya and the academy system but you will get used to it sooner or later. Okay, since this is the first day....hmmm......how will I say it?"looking confused, he then look at the door which is suddenly open."Ah....the president of the student council...Onew is the right time you came....Well if you have any question please ask this man there."

 

Onew who just entered the classroom holding a piece of paper, look at Kyung Ji with confusion...why he always tget the part to explain everything....

Onew closed the door and went to Kyung Ji. “Sir, I came to gave you list of your students, not to replacing you to teach.” The list contained all student’s name, power, dorm number, and some details about each of them. “And besides, I have a class too this morning.”

 

“Just for one or two minutes won’t hurt you. Come on, help me.”he dragged Onew to the front class.

“Sigh, fine. What should I do?”Onew gave up.

“Just call their name and give them a little introduction about mana power.”said Kyung Ji while leaning beside the whiteboard.

 

“Oh, he is that guy from yesterday.”thought Taemin. He watched Onew from head to toe and back again to head. He looked very casual in printed white shirt, dark jean, and dark blue hoodie with his Grade Necklace hanging on his neck. Well, the school only said to dress neatly and normal.

 

When Onew already done with calling all their name, he paused a while, thinking how he should introduce mana power to new students. “Hmm..............let’s see.......Lee Taemin?”Onew called one random name from the list.

 

“Yes?”Taemin answered from his seat.

“What do you know about mana?”asked Onew. Taemin didn’t know anything about it and he just silent and blinking innocently to Onew.

“Mana is a power which exists in nature. It’s evolving and growing inside our body. Basically, talked we have those nature powers inside us.”suddenly, Key, the one who to Taemin before answered One’s question and it made everyone amazed.

“Hmm, you know a lot. But that’s not perfectly right. Mana does exist in nature. But mana is also something existing in any living things, like human, animals, or plants. Everything has mana inside them. Fire, wind, lightning, stone, water, light, and also darkness or shadow. People can have both human’s mana and one other extra mana. That people is us.”Onew explained.

“Huh?”Taemin unconsciously said it out loud. Onew knew that Taemin still didn’t understand.

“Example, Lee Taemin, he has human’s mana inside him, which created him as human. And also fire’s mana, which is exist inside fire. That’s why you can manipulate fire, right?”Onew looked at the list and read Taemin’s power.

 

“That’s the simple explanation about mana. And your teacher will explain it in detail to you later.”Onew looked back at Kyung Ji who smiling satisfied with Onew.

“Thanks Onew. So, any question?”asked Kyung Ji.

“What’s your power?”asked Key to Onew.

“You will know it sooner or later.”Onew smiled brightly, not telling his power to Key.

“Acting mysterious huh?”Key rolled his eyes. Actually, Onew’s power was famous in Mana Academy. Even if he didn’t tell it, you will know it from other student if you just ask.

 

“Jinki! You didn’t go to your class?”a tall guy with messy dark brown hair were peeking inside Elemental class. Onew’s face turned serious suddenly for a second and then he smiled back again. He excused himself to go to his class and walked out with that guy.

 

“I told you, stop calling me with that name, Joon.”Onew talked in low voice with that Joon guy side by side.

“Oops, my habit.”Joon smiled sheepishly.