Chapter 13

Mana Academy

Seungyeon teleported back to her dorm with Taemin and Onew. She was exhausted and Taemin unconscious in Onew’s arms. “We can’t stay here. Not for now.”said Onew.

“What? Then where should we go? We live in the dorm and for your information, I think I can’t teleport again. I’m too tired.”Seungyeon plopped down on the floor.

“We can go to my old house. It’s not too far from here, and not many people who know it.”Onew brought Taemin in bidal style and signaling Seungyeon to walk and follow him. “And don’t worry about how we will get there.”he winked to her.

 

He brought them to the school’s back garden. He led them to a secret door which will connect to the outside. “Seungyeon, hold Taemin for a while.”he gave Taemin to her and stretched himself. “I don’t like to turn into something like this, but it can’t be help. Oh and don’t ask any question after this. Just get on.”he said.

 

Seungeyon was confused with what Onew said. Then Onew changed into a small black car with only two seats in there. Seungyeon was amazed with what just happened. “Onew, how did you do this?”asked her.

 

But there’s no answer from Onew. Yes, Onew can change almost into anything. But if he turned into things, didn’t like to feel the harness and coldness of his skin. Onew can’t talk when Seungyeon asked him. He opened the car’s dorr for Seungyeon. She remembered Onew told her to get on. So she got inside with Taemin.

 

“I can’t drive you, Onew.”Seungyeon was confused when Onew the car its machine by its own. As if answering Seungyeon, the car was moving by itself. It was Onew who control it. He drove them to his old house, where he used to live with his parent.

 

It took 20 minutes to reach Onew’s house. Seungyeon got off while hugging Taemin in her arms and Onew reverted back. He stretched his body again after turning into a car. “Well, let’s go in.”he smiled to them and took Taemin back from her.

 

The house was spacious and pretty clean for a house which already abandoned for years. There were small Onew’s pictures on the wall with his family. They were smiling happily. But there wasn’t any picture from his teenage days or more than that.

 

“Onew, you’re so cute when you were little. Omo! Look at those chubby cheeks.”she smiled a lot while looking at the picture one by one.

“Wha…..err……thanks, I guess.”Oenw shrugged and felt blush was creeping on his cheeks. “Just use any rooms you want. My parent doesn’t live in here anymore.”Onew changed the topic abruptly and brought Taemin to his room and laid him on his bed.

“Why? And where are they now?”she asked innocently.

“I don’t know.”Onew answered short. “I’ll get some of your clothes and Taemin’s clothes from the dorm. I’ll be back.”he turned back and went to the door.

 

This time, Onew just change his back and grown some dark brown wings. He flew back to the academy.

Seungyeon look at the sleeping boy, and felt very relieved that he was save. She was very afraid to lose Taemin she already feel like that Taemin is her little brother and she certainly don't want to lose her little brother again.

 

Taemin still sleeping, Seungyeon then sleep next to him too, feeling very much tired after what happened. What a week !!

 

Meanwhile...

 

Onew just ask Min to get Seungyeon's clothes and now he is heading to Taemin's room to get his clothes. He walked there and meet Joon on the way.

 

"So how it's going?"

 

"well it was close they are trying to erase Taemin's memory.I am afraid that when he awake he will have amnesia"

 

"Seriously....that's too much....where are you heading?"

 

"My old house both of them are there."

 

"Okay then...take care."

 

Onew then go to his old house carrying bags full of clothes. He then entered his room seeing that Seungyeon is sleeping, hugging Taemin's arm in the process. While TAemin is not showing sign that he would be awake in a short moment.

 

Onew just stared at the both of them.

---

Seungyeon woke up in the middle of the night and sat up, she noticed Onew sleeping on the floor beside the bed they were sleeping at.

 

Hmm.. why is he sleeping there? Seungyeon frowned and took a blanket from the bed and placed it over Onew. She watched him for a moment then got up as she didn't feel sleepy anymore.

 

She decided to look around the house a little when the others were still asleep. I wonder whitch one is Onew's room here?

 

She opened a door to one room and saw a small bed there. The room was filled with toys and other things for small children. There was a photo of Onew hanging on the wall when he was little.

 

Strange.. if this is Onew's room. Then why is it like a little child's room. Did he leave home when he was very young or something... I would think it would at least be like a teenagers room.. hmm..

 

She did some more exploring around the house then returned back to the room where Taemin and Onew were sleeping at. She waited for them both to wake up all night long.

~~Onew’s Dream~~

 

“Mom!! Dad!! Open the door!! Don’t lock me in here!!”young Onew knocked his bedroom’s door loudly from inside. His mother locked him up and decided to leave the house together with his husband, and without Onew. Young Onew climbed up to his window and saw his parent was driving their car away from the house. The left Onew alone.

 

~~End of Dream~~

 

“Mom, dad.”Onew was mumbling in his sleep. Tears were rolling on his cheeks.

Seungyeon heard Onew and saw him crying. “What? Onew, what’s wrong?"asked her. She wiped his tears gently.

Unconsciously, Onew held Seungyeon’s hands before he woke up. He opened his eyes slowly and sat down. His mood has gone down because of his dream. Seungyeon notice the sadness in Onew’s eyes.

 

“Onew? What happen?”she asked softly. She leaned closer to him.

Onew wiped his tears and turned his face to her. “Nothing.”he forced himself to smile. He was smiling, but not his eyes.

“Onew, you can tell me everything.”she said.

 

Onew can’t hold his sadness by himself again. Finally, he decided to tell her about his family. “I realized my power since I was young. I can change into anything I want, as long as I ever saw it. I changed into a small cat in front of my parent to surprise them. But they hate it.”

Seungyeon was listening to Onew’s story with full attention. She was happy that Onew wanted to share her his past.

“Then they started to saw me like a monster. They never want to touch me again. Until one day, they locked me up in my room and left.”Onew continued his story with sad smile on his face. “I was almost dying because I didn’t eat anything since they left. Then the principal, Mr Kim Sooro came with his wife. They rescued me and adopted me as their son. And I changed my name to Onew.”

“Oh, that’s why you never like it when I call you with Jinki.”said Seungyeon.

“It’s not that I hate it. It just brings back memories to me.”Onew still remember how his parent saw him in fear.

 

Seungyeon leaned closer and hugged Onew. She tried to comfort him. “It’s okay. It’s okay now.”she said in soft voice while rubbing his back.

“I’m fine now. I’m not a child anymore.”Onew smiled. “But, thanks.”

 

Then they hear Taemin was groaning and stirring in his sleep. He opened his eyes slowly and looked at Onew and Seungyeon confusedly.

“Oh, Taemin. Are you okay?”Seungyeon let go of Onew and went closer to Taemin.

Taemin didn’t respond back to her. He just stared confuse and looking back and forth to Seungyeon and Onew.

TAemin still looking at the two figure in front of him. His head is in a lot of pain like something just mixed his all brain.

 

"Taemin?"

 

Seungyeon look at him closely, Taemin just stared at her not saying a single word. Seungyeon look very confused, what was wrong with Taemin?

 

"Taemin, are you feeling okay? Do you remember us?"

 

Onew asked he wants to makes sure whether TAemin's lose his memory or not?

 

"Hmm....my head hurts.."

 

Taemin was holding his head, Seungyeon get to the bed. She is hugging Taemin who whinched in pain.

 

"Noona...it really hurts."

 

Onew feel a bit relieved maybe he still remember them after all. He then sit in the bed, looking at a hurt Taemin and a worried Seungyeon.

 

TAemin feels that his head going to explode any moment. It really hurts so badly, then the memory came....

 

~flashback~

Taemin was wrinching in pain, since his power showed up, everyone thinks that he is a freak.

 

"get out you freak."

 

a man was throwing rocks at him, TAemin the run away from there but lots of people was chasing him and when they got him they start to hit him.

 

"stop...."

 

Taemin raised hi head and saw his mom was stopping the crowd from hitting him. A man then pushed his mom that she fell, TAemin who look at the scene can't control his emotion and then...........

 

 

~flashback end~

 

Tears are falling down from his eyes. Seungyeon then hug Taemin tighter.

 

"what's wrong?"

 

"they.....burnt ...the ...house...mom....."

 

Taemin then hold his head again feeling the pain coming back. Seungyeon and Onew can't figure out what's wrong.

 

"Burnt the house...."

Onew knew that TAemin was talking about his past.

Seungyeon hugged Taemin tighter. "It's okay Taemin." Seungyeon let the boy cry against her shoulder all he wanted. Onew was sitting beside them looking at the two silently.

 

After about an hour Taemin calmed down again.