Chapter 15

Mana Academy

“Taemin, you awake.”Seungyeon smiled when Taemin came out from his room with Onew. “Did you have a nightmare again?”she asked worriedly.

“Yeah, kind of.”taemin answered.

“Really? What is it? Can you tell us?”Seungyeon hoped that Taemin will finally open his heart. But Taemin just shook his head and kept silent. “Oh, okay. It’s fine.”

“I was having a nice dream actually.”Onew suddenly said something which made Seungyeon panic. She thought Onew knew what she did this morning.

“Wha-what is it, Onew?”asked Seungyeon. She felt her heart was beating fast.

“Hmm…..I don’t really remember. But I felt something warm on my cheeks. It felt so comfortable.”Onew remembered how he felt something touching his cheeks in his dream. It was so warm, and he never felt something like that since his parent left him. “Whatever it is. I like it.”he smiled wide.

 

Seungyeon pretended busy with the breakfast. She went to the kitchen to take some plates. She was hiding her blushing cheeks as best as she can. “What’s wrong with me? Did I fall for Onew?”she thought quietly while her hands still busy taking the plates, foods, and also some glasses for their drink.

“I’ll help you.”suddenly, Onew was standing next to her closely and took the glasses from her.

 

Seungyeon flinched when Onew’s hands were brushed against her. Her cheeks went red again. “Oh, do you have a fever? Your face is red.”Onew saw her red tinted cheeks and went even closer to her innocently.

“I’m fine. Just, it feels so hot. Back off a little.”Seungyeon pushed Onew.

“Oh, I see. It is a little hot around here.”Onew walked back to Taemin casually. Seungyeon let out a relief sigh once Onew gone. She took the breakfast and walked to the living room normally.

 

They ate their breakfast like a normal teenager or family would in a quiet morning. They chatted happily and goofing around. Then, Onew felt his phone was vibrating in his pocket. He got a message from Joon. After he read it, Onew put the phone back.

 

“What is it?”Seungyeon asked curiously.

“It’s from Joon. He said the school is already back normal. There’s no activity from dangerous class. But he still think we shouldn’t come back early.”Onew explained.

“Hmm…..then we can play again today.”she smiled. She already thought some places she would visit with Taemin and Onew today.

Give me a second.. I will be right back." Seungyeon said and teleported herself to her school dorm room to pick up some clothes to put on.

 

She opened the closet and looked around. That dress looks fine.. she smiled and changed her clothes.. for some reason she wanted to look prettier today.. and that reason was Onew.

 

After she was ready she looked at herself from the mirror and smiled. I hope he likes this... no wait why am I dressing up for Onew.. aigoo did I really fall for him.. I didn't did I.. he will feel strange if he finds out.. I can't let him see I like him.. or do I even like him? Ahh.. whatever better go back to them now..

 

She teleported herself back to Onew's house.

 

"Are you guys ready to go?" Seungyeon asked looking at Taemin and Onew.

They both nodded.

 

"Oh.. noona you changed your clothes. That dress looks pretty on you." Taemin smiled at her. Onew nodded also.

"Ah.. thanks Taemin." Seungyeon smiled and glanced at Onew hoping he would say something too.

 

Seungyeon sighed slightly when Onew didn't say anything. Well at least he nodded.. so he agreed with Taemin...

 

Hmm.. where should we go today.. yesterday we went to the beach.. and today... Seungyeon tilted her head.

“Noona, can we go to a place I want to?”Taemin asked Seungyeon.

“Sure. But I can only teleport us to places which I knew.”she said.

“I want to visit my home.”Taemin looked down and said it slowly. “I think this is for the last time.”

Seungyeon looked at Onew and he just nodded his head again. “Okay, I will transfer my power a little to you. You just need to imagine the place which you want to reach, okay Taemin?”Seungyeon held Taemin’s hand while Onew held Tamin’s other hand.

 

Taemin understand her and closed his eyes. He imagined his burned down house. In one second later, they have arrived in front of his house. Seungyeon was agape when she saw Taemin’s remaining house. What were left were only some pillars and piles of burned woods on the ground.

 

“I used to live here with my mom. My father left my mom right after I was born. She raised me all alone. Then my mana power awakened when I was 7. People around me were treating me like a monster. They bullied me and threw rocks to me. But my mom always protecting me from them. She loves me despite my power.”Taemin started to sob.

 

“One day, I came home from school and found my house was burned. I tried to look for mom. But I saw her lying lifeless on the ground and bleeding. The neighborhood was the one who did it. They burned my house and killed my mom.”tears started to rolling on Taemin’s cheeks. “It was my fault. I couldn’t protect her. If only I wasn’t born that day.”Taemin was crying hard.

 

Seungyeon walked closer and hugged him from behind. “Shh……it’s okay Taemin. It’s not your fault, right Onew?”

“Yes. Your mother protected you until she died. She won’t blame you. She loves you, Taemin.”Onew spoke as soft as he can.

 

Taemin looked at Onew and Seungyeon. "If you don't mind.. hyung, noona.. I would like to stay here a little bit longer."

 

Seungyeon and Onew nodded looking at the boy who walked closer to the burnt old house.

Taemin walked to the spot where his mothers room used to be and touched the pillar slightly.

 

Mom... Taemin's tears fell on the ground.

 

Seungyeon's heart hurt seeing Taemin like that.. suddenly the thoughts of Minhwan came to her mind again.

 

Onew and Seungyeon waited till Taemin had had enough time to be there silently standing side by side. Finally Seungyeon walked to Taemin and put her hand on his shoulder gently. "Is it okay that we go now.. there is.. one place I want to show you.."

 

Taemin wiped his tears away and nodded. Seungyeon signed for Onew to come and held both their hands again and teleported them away.

 

In a while they arrived to and old railway... it looked like it hadn't been used in years. The grass was growing all around the railroad. It was the place Seungyeon's brother had died at long ago.

 

"Umm... where is this Seungyeon?" Onew asked looking at the place.

 

Seungyeon stared at the place without a word, she hadn't been there after the accident.. not even once. But now that Onew and Taemin had opened their hearts to her and told about their past she felt that she wanted to do so.

"This... this is one place... this is the place where I discovered my power... and the place where my brother.... died. We thought no trains would come from here, then I suddenly had a cramp on my leg and... my brother tried to help me.. but then... a train came, and I could teleport myself away but he couldn't and... and so... he died.... If I only knew back then that I had the power.. he would be alive.. I could've saved him..... but.." Seungyeon couldn't speak anymore as tears started falling from her eyes.

Onew walked closer to her and wiped her tears. Seungyeon cried even harder when Onew did that. She automatically leaned her head on Onew’s chest and held his shirt. Onew hugged her back and caressed her head gently. He let Seungyeon cried for a while without talking anything. She stopped crying after a few minutes and Onew’s clothes were wet because of her tears, but Onew didn’t mind it.

 

“Feeling better?”Onew asked her when she released her hug from him.

“Yes. Sorry, I acted like this.”she said with puffy eyes and sore throat.

“It’s okay. I’m happy you want to share your past to me. I did the same thing too, right?”Onew stared gently to Seungyeon’s eyes.

“Yeah. I think, you and Taemin already shared your past. I shouldn’t hide anything to you guys. And besides, seeing Taemin in front of his house before makes me remember about this place.”said Seungyeon.

“I really regret I couldn’t protect my brother back then.”Seungyeon stared to the railway where she saw her brother for the last time years ago.

“That’s why you are trying to protect Taemin?”asked Onew.

“He was like a brother to me. I don’t want to lose anyone I care again.”she said.

 

Seungyeon smiled and turned back. “Let’s get back to Taemin. I think he will be waiting for us.”Seungyeon said in her cheerful mood again.

Onew smiled and nooded. “I won’t let you lose Taemin like you lost your brother, Seungyeon. I will protect him………and you too.”thought Onew.

Seungyeon took one last look at the place and held Taemin's and Onew's hands tightly then teleported them back to Onew's house again.