Chapter 3

Mana Academy

Taemin then get out of his room headed to nowhere, he just let his feet take him to anywhere. He doesn't feel hungry, he walked past everyone on the street. Then he bumped someone, "Hey look at where you're going would you?" Taemin screamed at that person though he is not the one who did wrong. "Taemin...." Taemin look up when he hearsd that his name is mentioned. It is Onew who he bumped, Onew is with a boy who Taemin recognize his name is Joon.

 

"Ah...sorry. didn't mean to...really sorry.."

 

Taemin hung his head down not wanting to face anyone especially Onew. Taemin the make his way past both of them, but Onew grab his wrist and make Taemin face him. "How about getting something to eat together." Onew just smiled adn then continued walking still holding Taemin's wrist. Taemin trying to let go adn stay still but then Joon push his back so he is walking with them.

 

while walking, Taemin try his best to get away but he is too weak against the two seniors of him. "Well what do you want to eat Taemin? Hmm...at the cafetaria or shall we go outside?" Then Seungyeon suddenly appeared between the three of them. "Hei there ypou guys, I have been looking for you. I brought food you know." Seungyeon handing them bags full of food. "Ah..Taemin...Hi there, come and eat as much as you like noona will feed you."

 

Taemin just stay silent looking down, he really want to be alone, he shouldn't have left his room if he knew that he will meet them. "I am not hungry." he reply shortly. "You look so pale and skinny...you should definitely eat.."Seungyeon hold Taemin's face, she was staring straight at him. "what is your favourite food, noona will get it for you." Taemin just shakes his head, he just want to be alone. Onew who is looking at Taemin just stay silent too, figuring out what's wrong with the younger boy.

Seungyeon frowned slightly as she looked at Taemin. What is wrong with him? What happened? Something with Jinki?

 

"Come on guys let's go eat what I brought you in the cafeteria, you are going to love it!" Seungyeon smiled and grabbed Taemin's and Onew's arm leading them to the cafeteria.

 

"There was a huge line in the restaurant I got this all but I managed to teleport myself ahead all the people without them noticing me. So I could get the food fast." Seungyeon said.

 

Joon was walking beside Onew and grinned as he looked at Seungyeon and Onew walking together.

 

Onew glared at him slightly. "What are you grinning at?"

"Nothing." Joon said and pushed Onew even closer to Seungyeon.

 

Seungyeon tripped slightly from the push and stepped on Taemin's toes. "Omo! Mianhe!"

She could feel the heat rising slightly from Taemin's side. Taemin was trying to control himself. "It's okay." Taemin said helping Seungyeon up.

 

Seungyeon glared at Joon. "Yah! You should stop pushing people like that!"

“Something sure is strange with Taemin. His control is too weak. I need to check it out.”Onew thought while staring to Taemin’s stiff face.

 

They went to the table near a window. Thanks to Seungyeon, she made the mood lighter with her smile. Onew ate quietly while keeping an eye on Taemin. When Seungyeon and Joon started bickering again, this time Taemin smiled a little.

 

The day went quickly and became night in no time. All students already inside their dorm, but not for Taemin. He went out and took a walk around the dorm. He stopped and lain down on the soft grass.

 

“I’m still not used to this school.”thought Taemin. Suddenly, Taemin yelped a little because something soft were moving and rubbing his leg. He sat straight quickly and saw an orange stripped cat was staring him.

 

“This school has pets?”Taemin asked himself. As if the cat understood him, it meowing softly and walked closer to him.

“Hey there, what are you doing here? You live here?”Taemin picked up the cat and petted it. The cat was purring in his lap.

“You know, I feel so lonely in here. And my past keeps haunting me.”Taemin started to speak to the cat. “But I don’t have anywhere else besides this place.”

 

The cat stared Taemin with its bluish eyes. “I….I don’t like this power. I don’t want it. Why must me who has this power.”said Taemin. He started trembling and hugged the cat closer. His tears were rolling down and fell on the cat’s head.

 

Taemin was crying for a few minutes. After he finished, he wiped his tears and stared to the cat. “Thank for hearing me. I feel better.”

He stood up and dusting himself. “I should go back to the dorm. See you later, cat.”he waved to the cat and walked back.

 

The cat was staring to Taemin until he went to the dorm, and then it gracefully walked away from there.

Taemin got into his room, changed his clothes and prepared to sleep. He like to lay in the bed doing nothing. He turned around and spread his leg."Hah it's been so tiring. I have to get used to this place sooner or later. Cause there's no home I can go back to." and with that he fell asleep.

 

Taemin sleep soundly without realizing that someone out there is watching him. That certain someone after Taemin have felt asleep left his place and gone somewhere.

 

meanwhile

 

Key is trying to find Taemin's room, "Ah...do you know Lee Taemin's room?" asked Key to the dorm leader. "His room is on the left side of the building you will find it if you go straight that way."The dorm leader pointed to a certain direction."Oh okay thanks." said Key and he left to that direction.

 

When Key arrived at Taemin's room and he start knocking. Since no answer can be heard Key then go through the wall, he has the ability to change his body molekul so he can go through anything. When he is inside he saw that taemin is sleeping soundly, he approach Taemin adn smile. Since he doesn't want to disturb the sleeping boy he then went out.

-------

Seungyeon walked around outside staring at the sky. The sky is beautiful today. I should do some evening exercise.

 

She looked around and started teleporting herself from place to place. As she landed beside one tree she noticed someone running really fast past her, it was so fast she could barely see anyone just feel the breeze when the person passed her.

 

He must be exercising also. Seungyeon lifted her head up and yelled loudly. "JUNSU!! STOP!! LET'S EXERCISE TOGETHER!!"

 

She started counting how much it would take for him to come out and in less than 5 seconds Junsu was standing in front of her. Junsu had the ability to run really fast.

 

"Did you call me?" Junsu asked as he panted slightly. "Yeah, I want to exercise with you. Let's test who will be faster.. you see that tree over there." Seungyeon pointe. "you try to run there as fast as you can and I try to teleport myself there as fast as I can okay?"

 

"Araso. 1..2..3... start.." Junsu counted then he was gone already.

 

Aish, I had no time to prepare myself. Seungyeon thought and teleported to the tree. As she landed there Junsu was already standing there.

"Aigoo.. that was unfair." Seungyeon whined then pointed at another tree. "1..2..3.. go!" she yelled and teleported before Junsu could realize it. The two played around like that for the rest of the evening.

"I think this is enough for today. Let's go sleep." Seungyeon said yawning.

Junsu nodded and looked at her.

 

"Good night." Seungyeon said.

"Good n.." Junsu started but Seungyeon had already disappeared.

 

"Aigoo this girl. Always so busy going to places.." Junsu mumbled and started walking toward the dorms alone.

 

Seungyeon landed inside her room. She sat on her bed and stared out of the window. I hope Taemin will get used to this place soon.

 

Seungyeon always had a strong will to protect the people around her especially the ones younger than her. Though Seungyeon always showed a very bright and happy side of her there was something many didn't know about her.

 

~~~Flashback~~~

 

 

"AHH! MINHWAN I CAN'T MOVE MY LEGS!" Seungyeon yelled as she suddenly got a cramp on her leg as they were crossing a railroad. She kneeled down right in the middle of the railroad. It was a railway they both thought no trains were going.

"SEUNGYEON NOONA!!" Minhwan yelled and ran to help her He tried to get Seungyeon on his back but it was difficult because Seungyeon couldn't move her legs well at that moment.

 

All of a sudden a train appeared, it was heading toward the two in high speed. Seungyeon stared at it in horror because they didn't have much time to get out of the way anymore. She closed her eyes and started thinking about her home. Before she knew it, she was home.. she had teleported herself for the very first time.

 

What just happened? Am I dead? Where is Minhwan?

 

She looked around confused then closed her eyes again and thought about the railroad. This time she teleported herself back to the railway again.

 

She looked around in confusion as many people were around the place she just had been. There was also the police and the paramedics around the area.

Her face turned pale and she ran to the medics. "Wh..what happened here?"

 

"One boy got hit by the train and was killed." one medic said. "Ne?" Seungyeon stared at the railroad in misbelief.

 

What happened? I should be dead too, I was there too. Minhwan, is he dead? No.. no this can't be!

 

~~~End flashback~~~~

 

 

Seungyeon felt a little sting in her heart as she thought about Minhwan. Seeing Taemin had brought those memories back into her mind again. She didn't want anything like that to happen ever again. She wanted to protect her dongsaengs.

 

I couldn't protect Minhwan.. if I just had known then that if I had held his hand tightly I could have teleported him with me.. we would both be alive. But I couldn't do that... she sighed and got ready to go to sleep.