Chapter 4

Mana Academy

~~The next morning~~

 

Onew woke up and stretching his body for a while on his bed before he took a bath. He chose a grey shirt and added a black vest on top of it with slightly dark green ripped jean. He didn’t forget to wear the Grade Necklace too. When he walked out from the dorm, he saw Seungyeon walking slowly to the school.

 

“Morning, Seungyeon.”Onew greeted her.

“Oh, morning.”Seungyeon answered while yawning. She looked tired.

“Are you okay? You look…..not like usual.”Onew noticed her condition right away.

“Umm…….just lack of sleep and a little tired. That’s all.”she tried to smile.

“You have teleportation class today, right? Are you gonna be okay?”asked Onew worried.

“I think so, hehe…”

 

They reached the school, but then Heechul, mental section’s teacher for junior grade called Onew. He said the principal wanted to see him now on his office. Onew went to Sooro’s office, leaving Seungyeon who still walking half-awake to her teleportation class.

 

“You called me, sir?”Onew went into Sooro’s office.

“Yes. Let’s just straight to the point. I heard about what happen with you and Taemin yesterday which caused your burned hand.”said Sooro serious.

Onew hid his left hand behind his back. “It’s nothing serious actually. My hand already fine.”said him. Well, his hand was getting better. It went back to its normal color, not a red one like yesterday.

“His control over his own mana is too weak. If this keeps continue…….”Sooro paused for a while imagining Taemin who will burn everyone and everything accidentally. “Onew, you will train him for his mana control for a while. Don’t worry about your class or his class. I will take care of it.”

“What? Why me? There are many other students who have better control then me.”asked Onew.

“My intuition tells me there’s something that makes you and him same. Maybe his past?”Sooro guessed randomly. But his intuition was never wrong. “Anyway, go now. The training starts now. Go to him and start the training.”

Onew bowed and went out to find Taemin. “I’m confuse, what is my job? A student or a teacher?”said him. Onew walked to junior grade and waiting for Taemin in front of his elemental class.

..

Taemin just get up, feeling very sleepy. He hardly get some sleep last night, he get up adn change his clothes to a hoodie clothes which is long and tie his hair. He look at the mirror, he dislikes his feminime feature sometimes. He get out of his room and went straight to the library where he then sit in the corner reading abook.

 

TAemin has class today but he doesn't feel like attending it, so he stay at the library for a while. without he realized he had falling asleep.

 

Onew went to the elemental class just to find out that Taemin is not there, "Ahh...where could he be?" Onew scratch his head making his hair messy. "Ah...Onew sunbae.." Key greeted him while bowing. "Ah.Key, did you see Taemin??" Key just shakes his head "No I didn't, he is not in the class?? wah I thought he attended this class, well then I better go. Bye." Onew just wave his hand.

 

Onew then walk to the library, he then spotted TAemin who is still asleep soundly. Onew then approach him, he look at the sleeping boy, when he is trying to touch him. An small blue flame occured. "Protecting himself? wah he really can't control his power. A big power possesed boy this small boy. Maybe I will help." Onew then sit next to Taemin.

 

Taemin stirred from his sleep, feeling that someone is staring at him. when he look there was Onew beside him. "Ahhh...you're awake." Onew then smile at him and ruffled his hair. Taemin who still feel very sleepy didn't react. "Hei...are you awake yet?" Onew waving his hand in front of TAemin's face.

Taemin then leaned at Onew's shoulder and continued sleeping. Onew who look at him just stay still and let the younger boy continued his sleeping.

Onew keep stayed still for hours in the library. People were walking here and there in front of them. Sometimes, they would stop and staring at them.

 

“Onew? What are you doing?”a guy spotted him and Taemin who still sleep soundly on his shoulder.

 

It was Seungho, the previous student council’s president. He was already in his senior year, in mental section. He was very powerful with his mind-control power.

 

“Oh hyung, I was asked by the principal to…….err……train him privately.”said Onew.

“But he’s sleeping.”He raised his eyebrow confused with the scene he saw right now.

“We just take a break…haha….”Onew quickly thinking for an excuse.

“Hmm……I see. Well, good luck ‘president’.”Seungho smirked before he left them two behind.

 

Onew back alone again in silence, waiting for Taemin to wake up. Luckily, Taemin finally opened his eyes. He rubbed his eyes sleepily.

 

“You wake up now?”asked Onew.

Taemin was shocked seeing Onew so close with him. He realized whose shoulder he was leaned on. Taemin moved back a little to make some distance between them.

“Why do you keep backing away from me? Anyway, I’m here to train you mana control privately. Principal’s direct order, so you can’t refuse it. Come on, let’s go.”Onew cautiously grabbed Taemin’s hand and brought him to an open space. This time, Taemin didn’t burn his hand.

 

When they reached the school’s backyard, Onew letting go of Taemin’s hand and moved a few meters ahead him. “So, let me see your control of power first. Try to lit up a fire and make it move close to me.”

 

Taemin stared him with his big eyes, looked very shocked hearing Onew’s word.

“Oh, and then stopped it when it almost reach me.”said Onew.

 

Taemin seemed a bit hesitate with Onew’s favor, but he need to do it. So it will help him controlling him power and emotion.

And so, the training began.

After hours of training...Taemin is already out of breath, he already can't control how to stop and where his power is going to. Onew who realize that the younger boy is already exhausted then tell him to take a break.

 

"you're getting better at controling, now you just have to control the amount of power you take out."

 

Taemin's power is basically according to his emotion. And that is his biggest weakness, Taemin look at Onew who is now sitting on the grass, Taemin the go closer and sit next to Onew.with distance of course. "Why are you keep distance with me?"

 

"Nothing...."

 

Taemin just stay quiet, his hair is being blown by the wind and it makes his hair messy. Onew who look just smile, Onew always think that Taemin is too pretty to be a boy.

 

"Hei you guys.."

 

SEungyeon making her way to the two boys, she sit between tha both of them. "So what are you guys being doing?"

 

"Training.." answered TAemin shortly.

 

Seungyeon then turn her head to Onew, "Onew the other student member is looking for you, you better come to the office after all you are the president."

Onew then left leaving Seungyeon and Taemin alone.

"Did he teach you well?" Seungyeon asked smiling.

Taemin nodded.

 

"Taemin.. are you afraid of the hights?" she suddenly asked.

"Umm... well not really." Taemin answered.

 

Seungyeon smiled and grabbed his hand. "Good then.. let's go!"

Taemin stared at her confused and before he knew it the two were sitting on the roof of the school their legs hanging over the edge.

 

"Don't be shocked.. I just teleported us here. I can teleport other people with me too if I want to.. all I need to do is hold their hand." Seungyeon smiled. "The view is so cool from here right? You can see the whole school are from here."

 

Taemin nodded and looked down, suddenly he felt a little bit dizzy as they were sitting so close to the edge.

 

"Uhh.. Seungyeon.. can we go back down.?" Taemin said.

"Sure. I'm sorry if I made you afraid.. we will go down just.. now.." Seungyeon grabbed his hand again and they were down on the backyard again.

 

Seungyeon placed her hand on Taemin's shoulder. "Taemin.. you have to know that I don't let just anyone teleport together with me.. only my friends. So that means I consider you as my friend. I hope you do so too?"

It's not that Taemin is afraid of heights but he haven't eaten anything and the training drained all his energy.

 

"Of course noona...we're friends now."

 

Taemin smiled at her, his face is quite pale. Seungyeon then hug Taemin with happiness. Taemin didn't do anything he just let Seungyeon hug him.

 

"Okay then, I am hungry, let's eat something. What do you want to eat?"

 

Taemin just shakes his head, though he haven't eaten anything. Seungyeon who see that Taemin's face is pale.

 

"No you have to eat something..."

 

And Seungyeon then grab Taemin's hand and teleport the both of them to the cafetaria. When they arrived there Seungyeon drag Taemin to get some food, of course she is the one who order the food.

 

"Okay let's eat."

 

Taemin just fell silent looking at the pile of food in front of him. Since Seungyeon didn't give him a chance to object, he has no other way than to eat. Seungyeon  already started eating the food.