Chapter 2

Mana Academy

"Yay! New people.. you are a cute one, what is your name?" suddenly a girl appeared behind Taemin and Key.

They both flinched surprised by the sudden voice as they hadn't seen anyone approaching them. They turned to look at her but she was gone.

 

Taemin looked at Key confused. "There was someone behind us just now right?"

"Looking for me?" the girl grinned now standing in front of their desks. "How did you?" Taemin tilted his head and looked at her but all of a sudden she disappeared again. After a while she appeared standing on the desk in front of them. She smiled and jumped down.

 

"Sorry about that.. I just love to make people a little confused. My name is Seungyeon. I am a sophomore here. Try to guess my power?" Seungyeon smiled looking at the two boys.

 

"Teleportation." Key answered.

"That is correct." Seungyeon nodded. "Who are you two? You look interesting."

 

"I'm Key." Key introduced himself.

"Taemin." Taemin smiled offering his hand to Seungyeon. Seungyeon shook it and smiled.

"Your hand is really warm. like it could warm up the whole house... what is your power?"

Taemin rubbed his hands together and looked at Seungyeon. "I can manipulate fire."

Seungyeon nodded. "That's interesting."

 

Taemin just look at the girl..."hmmm..teleportation nice ability." The girl just reply that with a smile. Taemin feels happy that he found another friend, though he is not sure of himself.

 

Then the hall is filled with girls students they are standing around a boy, "Isn't that the president?" Key asked and it was really him. "He surely adore by girls, don't you think?" Taemin adn Seungyeon just nodded at the same time. Without they realized it, Onew look at the three of them and make his way through his fans and go over to the three.

 

"hey there you guys?" Onew is waving his hands at them while smiling. "Ah hi." Key answered while Seungyeon just look at Onew. "Ah...hey jinki.." Seungyeon said teasingly. "Don't call me that name...aishhhhh.."

"You guys seems close...."Taemin mentioned. "hmmm just say I am at the same class at him." Seungyeon look at her watch ."Okay bye all of you...I better go." and with that she dissapeared.

 

"Hah..I should get back to the dorm..I am sleepy." Taemin said to the two, Taemin do feel sleepy and when he is sleepy he get moody and when he get moody his power is uncontrollable that's why he chose to avoid people. "Ah..you're going to the dorm? I'll go with you." Onew states making TAemin stared at him, but Onew didn't see it because he is too busy saying ggodbye to Key."Okay let's go" Onew get a hold of Taemin's shoulder adn they both went together with TAemin trying to walk faster averytime.

“Hey, wait up! Why do you have to walk so fast?”Onew jogged beside Taemin who kept faster.

“Hey, stop ignoring me.”said Onew when Taemin refused to either slowing down or talk to him.

 

Taemin did nothing except walk faster. His mood was getting bad because one, he’s sleepy. And two, Onew keep talking to him, demanding him to slow down. “Taem-AH!!”Onew screamed in pain when he put his hand on Taemin’s shoulder and Taemin was slapping it away. And unconsciously, Taemin let out his power and burned Onew’s hand.

 

Both Onew and Taemin were shocked. “Onew, you’re okay? I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to.”said Taemin panic. Onew’s injury wasn’t serious. His left hand became bright red because of the heat.

 

“It’s okay. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t annoy you.”Onew clutched his hand.

“I’m really sorry. I-” “I said it’s fine. This wasn’t the first time I got hurt.”Onew cut Taemin before he apologizing once again. Onew smiled and walked closer to Taemin. “You’re sleepy, right? I’ll take you to your dorm.”this time, Onew didn’t touch Taemin and he was waiting for Taemin to walk beside him.

 

When they reached Taemin’s dorm, Onew waved happily to him. But Taemin was still feeling sorry. Onew left when Taemin went inside his dorm and he went back to the class. In school hallway, Seungyeon was popped out in front of him.

 

“Oh, what’s wrong with your hand? You look like just boiled it.”she noticed his red left hand.

“Just a little accident. It’s fine.”said Onew while raising his hand.

“You should ask Joon to heal your hand, Jinki.”said Seungyeon.

“Geez, how many times I should say to not call me with that name.”Onew let out a deep sigh. He walked past Seungyeon without saying anything.

 

~~Flashback~~

“Yeobo, what did I do wrong? Why I gave birth to that monster?”

“Dear, stop it. Jinki will hear you.”

~~End Flashback~~

Why is he so moody suddenly? Seungyeon shrugged and looked at Onew walking. She waited until Onew walked to class. She sighed and teleported herself to the classroom. She tried to aim to sit on the seat beside Joon but accidentally landed on Joon's lap.

 

"YAH!!" Joon yelled surprised when Seungyeon suddenly appeared on his lap. Seungyeon tilted her head slightly and looked at Joon. "Oops sorry. Something went wrong, I need to practice more on this sitting down thing I guess."

 

"Yeah you should! I almost had a heart attack because of you!" Joon yelled pushing her off his lap.

 

Seungyeon looked at Joon and pouted slightly. "Fine. I don't want to sit with you either." She then teleported herself to sit beside Onew this time aiming correctly.

She stared at Onew curiously and looked at his red hand. "You didn't do anything to that cute new guy Taemin right? You know he could manipulate fire.. and your hand.."

 

"I didn't do anything. He was just tired so I walked him to the dorm." Onew said.

"Oh is that so.." Seungyeon mumbled notting slightly.

"Well anyway.. is there anything you would like to eat this evening? I can get you anything really.." she asked and thought all the restaurants she had teleported herself to get food from before.

“What are you gonna do? Pop out in the middle of the restaurant and scaring the customers in there?”asked Onew while turned facing Seungyeon.

“Of course not. I can appear from the back door or a few meters from there. No one will see me.”Seungyeon smiled brightly.

 

Onew smiled warmly to her. “Thanks Seungyeon. But it’s fine. I can get food from the cafeteria.”

“But cafeteria foods are boring. You need to eat something else. Oh, I know a delicious food. You will like it. Wait for 5 minutes.”said Seungyeon.

“I really appreciate it, Seungyeon. But I think you should go back to your tele-“suddenly Seungyeon teleported before Onew finish talking, “-portation class. Sigh, you should listen to me first.”

 

Joon chuckled from his seat and he walked closer to Onew. “Wow, that must be hurt. You want me to heal it.”said Joon looking at Onew’s hand.

“No, it’s fine.”said Onew smiling again. He sure smiled a lot.

“That Seungyeon girl, she cares about you a lot.”Joon smirked slyly.

“Stop it. We are just friend.”Onew knew what Joon thinking right now. He was trying to make a new scandal between him and Seungyeon.

“Yeah, I know. Friend.”Joon winked and went back to his seat.

 

~~~~~~

TAemin lay himself at his bed..he shouldn't have done that...he shouldn't have sone that... that sentence keep repaeting in his head. He accidentally burnt Onew's hand, it was entirely his fault he couldn't control his power. He hate it. can't control his power is the worst.

 

flashback

 

The house was burning down, Taemin rushed into the house, he is not afraid of the fire around him fire won't harm him.

 

"Mom......"

 

He look through a room and found......

 

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........

 

end of flashback

 

Taemin woke up and he was all sweating, he try to take a deep breath and to calm himself. He hug his knees and hide hos face there. Tears falling down.

The nightmare will always hunt his down because it was all his fault.