Painful yet hopeful

Seducing Mr. Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jisoo and her mother went to talk to the park near the office.

 

She was still astonished by the fact that she met her as her first ever client.

If she hadn’t changed career, she would have probably never met her.

 

But is her mother really going to get married again?

As far as she knows, she has been married three times already.

If she marries again this time, it will be her fourth.

 

But little did Jisoo know, it will be her mom’s first ever marriage.

 

Her grandma lied to her.

 

Jisoo’s mom got pregnant by her first boyfriend who ran away from his responsibility. She was only 21 years old. She was immature. She got depressed after giving birth.

 

It was true she left her daughter to her mother’s care but she did that because she went to find work.

 

She worked as a housemaid for a year but had to quit because she got sick.

 

After regaining her health again, she set off to search for another job.

But instead she found a partner. 

 

She lived with him for two years without getting married but then she discovered he was already married to someone else.

 

She felt disgusted at herself for being a mistress and was ashamed to face her mother and her daughter.

 

So she lived abroad and found another partner but got physically abused this time.

 

She came back to Korea a few years later but her mother disowned her. 

 

She never saw her daughter again after that, not even her mother when she died.

 

“Grandma was asking for you..” said Jisoo crying. “She was calling your name on her deathbed.. she must have missed you a lot..”

 

Her mom put her hands on Jisoo’s shoulders and leaned her head against hers.

 

“I.. I’m sorry.. I’m even more sorry because I can only say I’m sorry to you now..” her mom said. “I was never a good daughter to her.. and not even a good mother to you.. you must have hated me a lot.. I’m sorry.. my Jisoo must have suffered a lot without a mom..”

 

Jisoo’s tears couldn’t stop flowing down her face.

 

She did hate a lot. She did despise her. But after hearing what she had gone through made her pity her.

 

She struggled alone growing up without her parents but her mom also did.

It must have been difficult to be alone all those years.

 

“I would be lying if I said I didn’t hate you for leaving me..” said Jisoo wiping her tears and facing her mom. “But more than anything else.. I think.. I missed you a lot..”

 

Her mom kissed her on her forehead as she shed another tear.

 

“How could you miss a hateful mother like me?” she asked with teary eyes. “How could you.. after 25 years of not seeing me.. say that you missed me..? I feel ashamed to face you.. “

 

Jisoo held her hands and kissed them tenderly as she rubbed them against her cheeks.

 

“Regardless of what happened.. I’m still thankful to you..” she said. “You gave birth to me.. you must have been scared to even experience pregnancy at a young age.. but still you chose to give life to me.. that’s why.. you are my mom.. you will always be”

 

After a tearful and touching conversation, they went to have dinner together at a restaurant nearby.

 

 

“Do you have a boyfriend right now?” asked her mom curiously. “You keep checking your phone..”

 

Jisoo smiled as she showed her a picture of V from her phone.

 

“He’s handsome, isn’t he?” she said blushing. “He’s kind, sweet and loving.. he is very gentle.. he has helped me a lot and he is such..”

 

Her mom chuckled as she kept on going with V’s description.

 

“You must like him a lot..” she said. “What does he do for a living?”

 

Jisoo showed her other pictures of V studying, reading and writing his reports.

 

“He’s a university professor..” said Jisoo smiling slightly. “But his dad.. his dad doesn’t like me..”

 

Her mom saw how worried she looked and held her hands.

 

“It takes time..” said her mom. “Do not give up on him just because his father doesn’t like you..”

 

Jisoo nodded her head.

 

“Mom.. I’m curious about something..” said Jisoo hesitant. “Is my dad still alive? Do you know where he is?”

 

Her mom just smiled at her. She understood she didn’t want to talk about it that time.

 

After having that hearty dinner, she called a taxi for her mom and walked back to the office.

 

She couldn’t get to turn the computer off and organize the files because she was busy catching up with her mom.

 

She looked at her phone just to check if she got a call from V but still nothing.

She was worried. She knew that V should have returned that morning after his trip.

 

Did something bad happen to him that he can’t even call her?

What if got into an accident without her knowing?

 

She was imagining bad things in her head when she passed by the hotel owned by RM’s dad.

 

She remembered V taking her there once again. She peeked through the glass curiously.

 

But then she saw V inside with his father. And also with Sooyoung.

 

She felt her chest tightened at that sight happening in front of her.

Sooyoung was linking her arms with V.

 

She trusts him. She loves him. But seeing them together like that while not even receiving a single text message from him broke her heart into pieces.

 

She felt cheated. 

 

She didn’t know if running away from there or staying there in front of the those sliding glass doors was the right thing to do.

 

She didn’t want to bother him during his trip because she wanted him to enjoy himself but she didn’t expect him to be enjoying it with someone else.

 

Her feet seemed to have been glued there while her mind was drifting away.

 

She saw how his father smiled beautifully at Sooyoung. She knew he approved of her.

And that tore her heart even more.

 

V noticed Jisoo standing outside the hotel and immediately pushed Sooyoung’s hands away from him.

 

But before he could even go after her, she had already ran away far and disappeared.

 

Sooyoung and his dad followed him outside.

 

“Are you happy now, dad?” asked V devastated. “Jisoo saw me.. and left.. you must be glad now that she has misunderstood the situation..”

 

His dad hadn’t given his phone back yet. He told him to fetch it in his uncle’s hotel but he set him up for another dinner with Sooyoung.

 

He was literally doing everything to ruin his relationship with Jisoo.

 

“I can’t do this anymore dad..” said V looking straight at his dad. “You can throw my phone away if you want.. I’m going now.. I need to tell her you set this up..”

 

His dad grabbed his wrist.

 

“Are you disobeying your father now?” asked his dad looking angry. “Are you doing this to me just for a woman? How could you shame me in front of Sooyoung?”

 

V pushed his hand gently.

 

“I’m sorry dad..” he said. “Just like what you told me before.. I have been obeying you all my life.. but now, I think it’s time to follow my heart.. I need to go after her..”

 

He ran from there leaving his father furious. 

He went to Jisoo’s new office to check if she was still there but he couldn’t find her.

 

He went to see if she was in the club or her old house but she wasn’t there.

 

He felt frustrated not even knowing where she was. He decided to see Suga at his house in the end.

 

 

“Where have been for three days?” asked Suga while giving him a glass of wine. “I couldn’t reach you again after you hung up on me that night..”

 

V put the glass of wine on the table and lied down on the couch.

 

“Have you met with Jisoo yet?” asked Suga. “She has been calling me since this morning asking if we have already come back.. I didn’t know what she was talking about to be honest.. I just pretended that I did come back from somewhere but.. what happened with you? Did you lie to her?”

 

V explained what happened to him. He told him all the details from the moment their university president called him until he came back and saw Jisoo outside the hotel.

 

“No wonder she ran away from you..” said Suga sipping on his wine. “But aren’t you drinking? I opened this wine because you like it..”

 

V sighed as he looked at the glass of wine.

 

“I drank too much wine last night..” he said as put his hands on his forehead. “I went to drink with Ms. Park and ended up waking up in her hotel room this morning..”

 

Suga almost choked on his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter