ALOHA

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S2: Swan's Secret Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Fluff. Romance, Feel-Good

Summary: Yujin, a frustrated musician and extrovert kid left Seoul to have some air for her life. She decided to visit the islands of Hawaii and along the way, destiny played with her as she met an introvert pink-haired girl named Minju.

Word Count: 2920

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS2_Aloha

 

ALOHA

 

     Yena pushed Yujin outside the taxi. What the hell is wrong with this woman? The younger girl scoffed as she stood properly.

     “DON’T DO SOMETHING STUPID!” Yena shouted and Yujin had to look at the cab driver apologetically. He handed Yujin’s luggage and smiled softly at the girl.

     “JESUS CHRIST. WHY ARE YOU EVEN GOING IN HAWAII ALONE WHEN YOU ARE AN EXTROVERT 24/7!” Yena was too loud but Yujin is not even bothered by how loud the duck is talking with her.

     “Just because.” The short girl shrugged with her annoying smirk Yena always disliked which caused older girl to close the door with a pout. The cab went off and Yujin let out a satisfied laugh as she shook her head.

     As she entered the departure area, she saw a girl with a bright pink hair. Oh, must have been nice if I let Yena dye my hair blue. Yujin laughed quietly with the thought. The airport is unusually almost empty. Only few passengers are roaming around. Maybe because it’s a weekday and there’s no holiday. Or maybe because almost everyone are busy unlike me. Yujin thought with a heavy sigh. The girl is probably tired. A frustrated musician? With no proper work? She’s not even satisfied with her own compositions. She feel like something is definitely wrong and she took this chance to travel alone and do some soul searching. Funny and cliche but she is definitely serious. Otherwise, she won’t be here inside the airport right now, waiting for her to board the plane going to Hawaii after checking in. Yujin waited for a few more hours before she finally heard the intercom call the passengers flying to Hawaii, including her.

     Yujin went inside the plain with an excited heart. Almost like she’s back at being 13 years old or just someone having their teenage dream. When she finally found her seat, she saw the pink-haired girl she saw earlier. The girl looked up and Yujin had to pretend that she was not looking at her. Well, she’s pretty? Yujin fixed her things, still pretending she’s not familiar with the girl while the said girl wore her earphones and closed her eyes. Yujin sat quietly beside the girl while giving out stolen glances once in a while. When the girl opened her eyes, Yujin turned the other side and closed her eyes.

     Yujin opened her eyes as she heard someone speaking. It was the speakers. She sat properly as she listened. They are having a stopover, not sure what it is actually called. Yujin glanced on her side and the pink-haired girl is also awake. Not a heavy sleeper. How I wish. The younger girl thought.

     The girl with pink hair stood up and went out first before Yujin. The young girl just followed her along with the other passengers. Yujin went to find a Starbucks and ordered a matcha based drink. After paying for her drink, she saw the pink-haired girl again which made her smile for no apparent reason. When the barista called her name for her to get her drink, she immediately went towards the girl.

     “Can I sit here?” Yujin asked and the girl just nodded so Yujin smiled as she pulled out the chair.

     “Your hair looks pretty. We could have had a couple hair color if I let my friend play with my hair with her hair dyes.” Yujin started talking and the girl is kind enough to not leave the younger girl even if she’s wondering why is this kid talking to her.

     “Blue and pink, I mean.” Yujin said, still trying her best to make the older girl speak. After realizing something, Yujin nodded with a small smile.

     “Introvert?” The young girl asked and for the first time she finally heard the other girl speak as she answered Yujin.

     “I thought it was pretty obvious.” The pink-haired girl said with a forced smile.

     “Don’t worry, I mean no harm.” Yujin gave out a chuckle.

     “My name’s Yujin by the way.” Yujin raised her hand and gestured for a hand shake. The girl stayed quiet for a few seconds before taking the younger girl’s hand.

     “I’m Minju. Older than you.” The girl with the pink hair said causing Yujin to be caught off-guard.

     “How did you know I was younger…” Yujin mumbled and it was Minju’s turn to let out a chuckle.

     “I saw your small bag. It has your name and I assume your birthday too.” Minju smiled at her.

     “Oh.” Yujin took a sip on her drink, was quiet for a minute then started talking nonstop again which made Minju smile.

     “So, you’re going to Hawaii too? Unnie?”

     She calls me unnie now too. This kid is sure a cute extrovert. Minju smiled as she thought.

     “Yes. A week. Typical introvert. Alone but not lonely, of course.” Minju answered and Yujin gave out a quick “Me too!” as she nodded at Minju’s answers.

     The two young ladies just talked about the most random things about each other as extrovert and introvert when the intercom finally called for the passengers again. They boarded the plane together this time and even shared some plane snacks as they get closer to Hawaii before sleeping again.

     Yujin woke up hearing soft thuds. She saw Minju having pink-haired head hitting the window. Yujin, being the thoughtful kid that she is, held Minju’s hair let it rest on her shoulders. The young girl also leaned her head on Minju with satisfied smile and closed her eyes again.

     “Aloha! We’re about to reach Honolulu Airport. Have a nice day and enjoy the islands of Hawaii!” The speakers said. Minju and Yujin finally woke up with the news that they’re about to reach Honolulu airport. They went out of the plain together and at the arrivals. They waited for their ride as they both booked for a place beforehand for less hassle travelling.

     However, destiny might have been really playing with them as they both saw a guy probably just a few years older than them is holding two banners with the names AN YUJIN and KIM MINJU. They looked at each other and laughed together as they approached the guy. When he realized the two Koreans he’s about to fetch is in front of him, he smiled.

     “Aloha! Welcome to Hawaii!” He said enthusiastic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter