D-7

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S2: Swan's Secret Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Romance, Time Travel

Summary: Trapped in a time loop of the past, Yujin found herself living in October 29, 2021 over and over again. To be able to stop the loop, she have to change the thing that's keeping her from moving forwardㅡ whatever it might be, however it might hurt her, whoever she might leave.

Word Count: 6075

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS2_D7

 

D-7

 


Minjoo x Yujin

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

ㅡ J.R.R Tolkein, The Fellowship of the Ring

[soundtrack : If Youㅡ BIGBANG ]
--

October 30, 2026

Five years. Five antagonizingly slow years had passed yet Yujin remained the sameㅡ exhausted and nonchalant of what's happening around her. Vivid memories haunts her on her sleep, vague memoìr of how they spent those three years flashing right infront of her half-asleep eyes.


It wasn't safe, walking on the snowy pavement with nothing but a thin coat to keep her warm. Her shoe print zapped at the thick snow. She felt the shudder of her skin, the shiver on her spine ; it's winter, of course it'll be cold.


The street was empty of anything, except for the few cars zooming past each other in a hurry, afraid of the incoming snow surge in less than an hour. Yujin could ride the bus and go home safely, but her parents were at Daejeon and she have nowhere else to go to in Seoul.


Eunbi and Chaewon were busy, she saw them on TV yesterday, looking all dolled up, Hyewon the same as she started acting. Chaeyeon was back on her company as well as Yena, Yuri and the Japanese members, Minjoo pursued acting and Wonyoungㅡ oh Wonyoung, Yujin wondered how she was doing.


Probably a lot better than she does. She stopped calling, but Yujin has always seen her on the streets, posted on wide screens of the tall buildings at the heart of the city.


Yujin was the only one left behind the dim shadows of the past, unable to move forward. She missed them. She always had. How Eunbi nagged at her and Hyewon for finishing the food all by themselves, playing with Yena and Chaeyeon, ranting about school to Minjoo, sharing her thoughts and worries everyone.


The breeze surged, temperature plunging low. Her legs felt like slumping on the deep snow. Yujin decided it'd be for the best to rest first, and infront was a small coffee shop, perfect for her need of warmth. Yujin stepped unto the road slowly, cold breaths merging with the air.


Three steps, two bright headlines, one loud thud,


and Yujin's life changed forever.


--


Yujin woke up on the sound of chaos. Her ears bled at the rambunctious sounds of laughter filling up the place. She doesn't have any choice but to flicker her eyes open, adjusting into the lights.


If this is mom again I swear, she thought.


The last thing she wanted to welcome her right now was her mom bursting her apartment door. She's having a migraine, pain discerning from her head down to her whole body.


Color her surprised when the room door zing-ed open. Yujin struggled to keep herself on the bed right after and plopped at the floor with a thud, causing yet again another fit of laughter from an all too familiar woman.


Yujin furrowed her brows as she aggressively scampered on her own feet, gasping at the sight of Chaewon looking at her with bewilderment painted on her face as well.


"Chaewon-unnie, what are you doing here?" Yujin inquired.


The older girl looked at her and blinked furiously. It took her some time before she gasped in understanding, nodding to herself with a small smile on her face.


"You prepared already? We still have 13 hours left, An Yujin, were you that excited to leave us now?" Chaewon playfully scoffed, leaving Yujin confused all by herself. Thirteen hours? Us? Yujin was confused but she couldn't transgress the familiarity, the feeling of being on the same situation was too extreme to ignore.


It was as if she had been here before. Unsettled, Yujin scampered unto the room, astonished at the sight of her old room on it's entirety. She looked for the clock and discovered that her speculation was trueㅡ it's October 29, 2021, their last day as a group. It evoked confusion, of course but Yujin had been wanting to live back this time for a very long time.


However, this dream wasn't meant to last long, Yujin knew that and before it vanish, she would make the best out of it.


She started by hugging Chaewon tightly, eyes b with unshed tears at the feeling of her warm body, the older one hugging her back.


She was probably distressed, Chaewon thought, something they all understood. They knew it would be the kids and the fans that would be extremely affected by the farewell but they have no choice but to say goodbye.


"Okay, I can't breathe, stop it now." Chaewon muttered, Yujin pulling away slightly, still not completely letting go. The older girl decided it's probably Yujin's way of spending their last hours together and she compliedㅡ for the very first time.


When Yujin was welcomed by the sight of the members on the living room, casually jumping from a topic to another, she brawled her eyes out, unable to keep the gush of overwhelming emotions swirling inside her. All the longing she felt for the last five years, the pain of the memories she kept instilled washing over her like a bucket of ice.


She kept this memory inside her headspace, to remember it as if she was there, but experiencing it once again evoked the caged feelings she never thought she still have.


The older girls were worried, however, any comforting words would be of no help at a time like thisㅡ even them knew that. So instead of reassuring the younger girl that it's fine, they hugged her instead, warming up Yujin's dark cold heart.


October 29, 2021
D-1


"You were oddly quiet today." Minjoo muttered, plopping beside Yujin. The younger was simply looking at a smiling Wonyoung in a distance, casually having fun with Yuri. Minjoo observed where Yujin's eyes laid and looked down.


"Had you two talked about it yet?" Minjoo asked to Yujin, who merely looked at her in response. She was unsure of what Minjoo meant, not realizing that she was talking about her relationship with Wonyoungㅡ if they could even call it that.


It was only Minjoo who knew the feelings she have for the youngest member, and the older girl understood. It wasn't that widely accepted still, but it was not that rare and Minjoo had always been kind ; it'd be more surprising if she wasn't supporting it.


"I don't think she was serious."


"How can you say so? You haven't asked her yourself."


That was the last thing Yujin heard Minjoo say before she walked away, going back unto the kitchen briskly. Yujin had her eyes peeled on Wonyoung's form after, pondering about what Minjoo has said on pure silence.


When the sun bowed down and the night creeped in, the girls found themselves lined up on stage, crying at the sight of the community they once called family.


"Wizones~ please wait for us!"


One last bow, one last stage, a thousand feelings and twelve hearts breaking simultaneously. Yujin watched everything go by vividly, oddly enough, the only clear thing she could see is Minjoo's serene face, smile ghosting over her lips, contrary to the tears that fell on her cheeks.


Yujin knew Minjoo had always been beautiful, but seeing her under the bright white light that shone abover her, she looked unparalleled.


How could Yujin forget that?


When they got inside the van, they were drowned in silence. Nobody dared to talk. Only the engine and the revs of the neighborhood cars were heard. They were afraid that one small sound, they'll start breaking out again. They feared the same goodbyes, and they were never ready for it.


Yujin had seen it coming, she herself was disappointed for the same reason, she'd be feeling the pain twice the moment she wake up tomorrow, but seeing these girls again, being able to hold their hands, were enough.


With a sheaky breath, Yujin opened , gathering the attention of the others as she looked at each and every one of them with a small smile.


"I would never forget any of you. These years, they were the best I ever had." Yujin stated honestly, keeping her smile even when tears flooded her cheeks. It was Minjoo who wiped them away, opting Yujin to look at the older girl silently with unreadable eyes. And with the softest voice she ever heard, Minjoo responded.


"I would never forget you too."

--

For the first time after three years, Yujin found herself sleeping on an apartment room, empty and silent. This dream, it hadn't ended as soon as Yujin expected it to be. It felt odd, it felt manufactured, as if she was meant to be here, in this dream.


Or maybe that was her delusional self thinking.


This was gonna end soon, she knew it would. And even when it happened on a short period of time, even if it was just a dream, she was happy she was here. Yujin closed her eyes, sleep finally clouding her system, and just like that, she was summoned into the darkness again.


--


It was too noisy, Yujin felt like her ears were bleeding. She flickered her eyes open and blinked rapidly. Yujin immediately bolted when she noticed she was back on the dorm room, looking for the clock before gasping in surprise.


"What the hell is this?" she asked, head empty of thoughts as the red lights of the clock blinked at her tauntingly. If she was right, Chaewon would be entering right noㅡ


"Yujin-ahㅡ yah, why are you looking at me like that?"


Yujin blinked, turning pale as she watched Chaewon closely, head turning in surprise.


"Oh god, what is happening?"


October 29, 2021
D-2


By now, Yujin was just casually strolling around, observing what was happening around her with outmost focus. It was all the same, unchanged, it was just like yesterday. Wonyoung was having fun with Yuri, everyone else was on the kitchen. The details remained the same.


"Where am I?" Yujin asked to herself, looking around in an attempt to find a coherent explanation of what was happening. She doesn't know what's happening and why it was her. It was like she was stuck on a time loop.


"Time loop." Yujin widened her eyes, immediately searching for her phone before typing the word in. She looked past different articles, to which explained the scenario as a myth of quantum physicsㅡ a field Yujin was never really interested in. Well, jokes on these articles but time loops exists, and she just happened to be on one.


"What are you doing?" Minjoo suddenly emerged out of nowhere, surprising Yujin completely.


"Minjoo-unnie, stop surprising people like that." Yujin held her chest dramatically as Minjoo merely rolled her eyes, amused at the exaggeration.


"Why were you even so jumpy?" Minjoo raised a brow, yanking Yujin's phone away from her, trying to see it clearly. Yujin struggled, trying to get her phone back, whilst Minjoo raised her hands, the both of them flapping their long limbs.


Minjoo chuckled, finding Yujin's defensiveness amusing. However, she tripped on the mat and pulled Yujin with their, both of them ending up on the floor with a loud thud. Although it wasn't Minjoo who had her head bumping on the floor, it was Yujin.


"Ouch! That hurts." the kid groaned, Minjoo gulping as she regained her composure. She stood up and extended a hand, offering it for Yujin to take.


"Give me my phone back, unnie." she commanded, Minjoo compelling instantly at the tone. Yujin sounded annoyed.


"I-I'm sorry." Minjoo muttered, apologetic eyes staring at Yujin's annoyed ones. The younger girl couldn't say no to that look, thus, she found herself sighing, nodding in response before she was embraced into Minjoo's warm hug.


"You're the best, Yujinnie~"


Yujin smiled, Minjoo's adorable.


When night creeped in, same events happened. They had their final concert, said goodbye to their fans and gloomily sat on their van. Yujin observed every minor details this time and concluded that everything remained the same, except for the incident with Minjoo. One minor detail changed and the next one followedㅡ like a domino.


She wondered if it applies to everything and figured there was only one way to find out. She poked Minjoo by the arm, the older instantly looking at her with puffy eyes from all the cryings.


"You should share everything you wanted to say right now. You would regret it if you don't." Yujin whispered, smiling at Minjoo softly. The woman merely stared at her, wanting to say things she couldn't before. She figured it wasn't what Yujin meant, never meant. But it was still Yujin's request and she never really said no with the younger girl.


Minjoo nodded, looking at the other and gathered their attention, Yujin focusing on each and one of them.


"I just want to tell you that, I was so thankful we met each other and spent our three years together. I will never forget all of you, all of this."


Yujin looked down, the thought of disbandment still scorching her heart in flames like the first time. She was the one who wiped Minjoo's tears this time, with the softest voice, she responded.


"We will never forget you too."


Yujin knew she have to do something. She can't always live on this dream-like reality. She have to find a way to stop the loop from repeating over and over again. She fell asleep with that in mind, dreaming about sweet smiles and serene faces.

--


October 29, 2021
D-3


Yujin woke up three hours before her alarm clock rang. She started changing events by cooking breakfastㅡ well, at least attempted to. Eunbi nagged with tears welling on her eyes, proud at Yujin's sweetness and annoyed with how the food turned out to be. Yujin merely hugged the leader with an apologetic grin.


She saw Wonyoung with Yuri and decided to approach the younger girl. She have to start doing what she hadn't before. Wonyoung looked at her immediately and excused herself to Yuri, the older girl accompanied by Yena this time.


"I just want t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter