All for Love

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S2: Swan's Secret Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Action, Angst, Comedy, Fluff, Romance, High School

Summary: Another peaceful day for the couple Yujin and Minjoo. It's a great day and it will be a bummer if they won't spend it together. They decided to went on a date and try new things. Little did they know it will be the start of the horrible experience they will soon get in.

Word Count: 11008

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS2_AllForLove

 

All for Love

 

/*Yujin’s POV*/

It was a peaceful day. No surprises, which was good. My day, so far, was not messed up. I was laying on the couch, enjoying some dried squid and watching some TV, when Minjoo came in.

“Let’s go shopping,” she said.

“I don’t want to,” I said, “I’m lazy and this couch is not letting me go.”

“It’s not a request,” she said, not even making eye contact, “it’s a command. Let’s go.” It surprised me, but then again almost everything does, doesn’t it?

“Yes, ma’am,” I say, hopping off the couch, bidding silent farewell to the dried squid as I tidied up and went to the car. It didn’t take long for her to get ready, either.

As we arrived at the mall, I was surprised by the amount of people that were here. Nowadays, even though it’s a weekday, a lot of people really do come to the mall, huh. There are kids with their parents, seniors going on adorable dates, mothers picking up groceries or doing shopping while waiting for their appointments, and there are even young couples, just like us.

“Let’s go, Yujinie!” As she was gesturing for us to pick up the pace, I grabbed her hand and pointed at a restaurant.

“Eat. Hungry. Need food for energy.”

The restaurant was crowded, so when I saw the table by the window I quickly seized the opportunity.

As I was pulling a chair for her to sit in, a man came up to the table and pulled the opposite chair. “Sit here, honey,” he said. A man, probably in his mid-20s, stood across the table, glaring at me.

“My wife and I want to sit here,” he said, “so you two should probably scram.”

“Excuse me? Sir, we came here first. YOU should find another table.”

“How dare you talk back to me!” He pointed his finger at me, snotty in every sense except literal.

Minjoo stepped in front of him and said “Sir, please. We don’t want a fight.”

“I’m not talking to you!” He jerked his arm forward to push Minjoo away, when- 

“Don’t. You. Dare.” I tightly grasped his arm, posed to twist it, when he jerked it away and tried to shake it as if he’d gotten something nasty on it.

“Kids these days.”

After watching him walk away, I turned to face Minjoo, when I found out she was glaring at me.

“What if he fought back? What if you got hurt? Huh? Stop picking fights with people!”

“Don’t worry, babe. He didn’t.”

After finally placing our orders, we finally found out what set this restaurant apart. Their service? Absolutely quick. Despite being filled to the brim, they managed to serve in a matter of minutes.

Biting into my food, I felt a pair of eyes pierce my forehead. Minjoo was still glaring at me.

“If you were wondering, it’s really good,” I say as I take my second bite. “Hm,” she says.

Finishing up at the restaurant, we quickly headed to her favorite clothing store. This woman just won’t pass up the chance. 

As we walked in, she quickly broke formation and started picking up clothes. I noticed a woman taking frequent glances at her from behind the aisle.

“I’m going to the dressing room,” Minjoo said. I find this situation strange.

Before she could walk away, I stopped her. “Wait. Tie this to your hair,” I say, holding up my red hair tie, “so it won’t get in the way.” She simply nods, and ties her hair.

As I walked around the store, I realized something. The lady was gone. I walked to the counter and asked the cashier, “Miss, did you see a woman come in here before us?”

“No, ma’am,” she answered, “the two of you are the first customers that came in today.”

Hearing that, I immediately rushed to the changing rooms. “Minjoo!” I call out. “Minjoo!” No answer. I went from cubicle to cubicle, finding no one, until I came to the last one.

“Minjoo?” I called out again, foolishly expecting an answer. As I drew back the curtain, I saw no one, instead finding a note on the ground.

“Hope to see you soon.☺” 

I know who this is. When is this going to stop?!

“Hyunjin…”

I took out my portable GPS monitor, to find my hair tie’s signal coming from the parking lot. It was a good call to put a GPS on my hair tie. Knowing the Hwang Hyunjin, it would’ve come in handy. The woman earlier? She wore the badge of Hyunjin’s cronies. 

Realizing that the elevator might take too long I ran to the stairs, pushing people out of my way. 

As I got there, no Minjoo. No car taking her either. Zooming the GPS in, I went to where the signal was coming from.

A red hair tie on the ground.

My knees started to tremble from fear. “Minjoo…” I called out, over and over, hoping she’d show.

In the distance, I saw another one of Hyunjin’s thugs. I didn’t care.

I took out my phone, and placed a call.

“Chaeyeon…”

“Yujin? What happened?”

“There’s a problem.”

“Does it involve guns?”

“Yes.”

“We’re coming.” Before I can even respond, she hangs up.

“Don’t you miss Yena and the others?” Minjoo asked. “It’s been a year since we last saw them. How about we pay them a visit?”

“I miss them too. How about we look for some free time and surprise them?” Minjoo rapidly nodded like an adorable little bunny.

I remember the reunion we wanted to have with them.

I’ve been wanting to see them for a long time.

Why’d it have to be this way?

Driving back to the house, my fists clenched over the steering wheel. That Hyunjin just doesn’t want to stop, huh?

/*3rd person POV*/

The sound of a car pulling up roused Chaeyeon. Grinning, she turned to the members. “She’s here.” 

She misses Yujin and Minjoo too, but she didn’t expect their reunion to play out like this.

“Who?” asked Hyunjin. Chaeyeon realized that she’d forgotten to tell the three that they were waiting for their old friend, Yujin.

“Another client?” Hyejoo asked, holding her coffee. “Must be rich, this house is huge.”

Footsteps clicked on the porch as Yujin drew closer to the four. Furious over her girlfriend getting kidnapped, she kicked down her front door. Why should she care? It’s her house after all.

The sound of liquid spilling was heard as Hyejoo dropped her coffee. Except for Chaeyeon, the visitors were all surprised to see the owner of the house standing in front of them. Petrified, even.

“You’re alive?!” Hyunjin broke the silence with her frantic surprise, amazed that Yujin was in front of her.

“What are you doing here?” they both asked at the same time.

“You’re supposed to be dead,” Yujin said, looking at them. She remembers the explosion.

“Seemed like, yes. Supposed to? Isn’t that a bit harsh?” asked Hyejoo, having recovered from shock.

“So, here we are,” Heejin added.

Saying nothing, Yena ran to Yujin and hugged her. The rest followed suit, gathering in a group hug, having missed the younger Yujin so much. Patting Yujin’s hair, Chaeyeon comforted her, saying “We’ll get her back.”

Settling down on Yujin’s spacious living room, the three decided to get right down to business.

“How did you know it was them?” Hyewon asked, opening her laptop. “It’s been years since they last had any beef with us.”

Yujin knew why. Her father was one of the most powerful people in the city, so what she wants, she can get.

Hyunjin had started a fight with her, so when her dad found out, he immediately cut off Hyunjin’s father from his company, driving the Hwang family to near-bankruptcy. 

“First you steal my girlfriend, then you take our money? I’ll never forget this day, Yujin. Neither should you. I’ll be back,” Hyunjin said, “and I’ll make you regret this.”

“He wants revenge,” the younger girl answered. Cliché but it was the bare and honest truth.

“I don’t think he’ll hurt Minjoo, though-”

“How sure are you?” asked Jinsol. “Remember what he used to do to her?”

It was 7:00 pm. Minjoo had cooked for the two of them, and Yujin though it was the best cooking she’d ever had. It probably was. When they finished, Yujin cleaned the table and went to the couch to watch some TV. Minjoo had offered to wash the dishes because she didn’t want Yujin to break a plate like she always does.

Yujin’s favorite show was starting, and she was excited. Her schedule over the past few weeks had been hectic, so this was her first episode again in a while. Suddenly, the clang of porcelain hitting tiles was heard. A plate probably fell, so she ran to the kitchen to check on Minjoo.

She was hiding in the corner, covering her face, trembling. Her tears quietly streamed across her cheeks as Yujin came towards her.

Minjoo softly whispered, just enough for Yujin to hear.

“Please don’t hurt me. I didn’t mean to break the plate. Please don’t hurt me,” whispered Minjoo, over and over again.

The trauma was evident in her eyes, and it broke Yujin’s heart. Hyunjin definitely mistreated her.

She gently wrapped her arms around Minjoo. “No, I won’t hurt you. I will never hurt you. I promise.” Yujin said, making sure to say it gently.

Minjoo, crying, wrapped her arms around Yujin.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

The flashback left Yujin terrified, so she slammed her fists on the coffee table. “We need to find them as soon as possible!”

“Yes, boss!” answered Hyunjin. “I’ve been tracking one of his thugs and this might come in handy.”

“I called Sakura to help Hyunjin and I track the thug.” Hyewon added. “She’ll be here in the morning.”

Yena, meanwhile, stomped angrily. “Hey! I thought I was the boss here?!”

“Not when Yujin’s here, no,” Chaeyeon said, practicing with her knife.

Yujin felt happy, having friends who support her. Walking to the balcony, the cool wind brushed against her skin as she looked over the city. It’s already late. Is Minjoo alright?

Her thoughts were interrupted when Chaeyeon gave her shoulder a pat. “Don’t worry, we’ll bring her back,” she said. They all knew how Yujin felt about this.

“The police won’t help you anyways, so you made a good choice calling us instead.” Chaeyeon added.

From the kitchen, Jinsol’s voice called out. “I made some snacks!”

Somehow, she manages to brighten the aura of the room. Everyone agrees that her smile is contagious, too. Soon, they’re all congregating around the plate of snacks Jinsol set on the counter.

As they ate, Yujin realized something.

“You girls have been here all day, right?”

“Yeah,” they answered.

“Is this our food?”

“Hyewon kept complaining about how she was hungry, and I was going to get your permission to get some food from your kitchen so-“Jinsol started to get nervous, “-are you mad?”

“No. I’m glad you got us some snacks.”

They continued to eat snacks while Yujin slinked away to prepare some rooms for her guests, what with it being a huge house and all.

By midnight, Hyunjin and Hyewon were still up; Yujin had asked them to keep watch if they find leads connected to Hyunjin.

“You should go to sleep. I’ll hold up the fort over here,” said Hyewon. Hyunjin, although sleepy, continued to chug her 9th cup of coffee. “I still want to help.”

Hyewon looked at the younger worriedly. “Too much coffee is bad for you, you know. It can cause muscle tremors and dizziness among other things.”

Hyunjin was about to take another sip of her coffee when the older explained this. Knowing that a muscle tremor could stop her from handling a gun properly, she finally caved.

“Okay, fine. Good night,” she said, walking towards her room.

Hyewon, alone, walked out to the balcony. “What are you doing here?” she called out.

Nothing.

“Come on, I already saw you. Come out.”

“They sent me here,” said the masked man, pointing at the laptop. “Congratulations for tracking one of our thugs; however, I’m sure you know it won’t be safe for any of you.”

“I can make it easier for you girls-“

“Stop,” said Hyewon, with an angry voice. “Do you really think we’re weak? That we can’t handle it? That we’ll lose to that ? Stop lying to me. Nobody sent you here.”

The masked man chuckled. “Okay, chill. Call if you need me and the crew.” The conversation continued. She knew this masked man.

“Shut up, Felix,” said Hyewon. “I’ll look out for Chaewon for you.” She knew how much Felix worried about his sister.

Footsteps clicked behind her.

“Hyewon, I think you should get some sleep. You need it too.” She turned around to see Chaeyeon, looking at her.

Glancing back, Felix was nowhere to be seen.

As Hyewon followed Chaeyeon to the room, she took a glance at her laptop, and immediately grabbed it as she ran to their room.

“Guys, we found them!” she announced. As Chaeyeon ran to wake the others up, she reviewed the log again.

“Wait. I didn’t do this.” The girls, who were now wide awake and gathered around Hyewon, looked at each other. “Who did?”

“Thank God you found them- wait what? Who was it then?” asked Hyunjin, confused.

As they kept thinking of who might’ve done it, footsteps clicked outside the room. The doorknob jiggled as they took out their guns. When it finally opened, all guns in the room were pointed at the woman standing in the doorway.

“Woah. Chill,” said the woman, still sipping her drink. “Am I too early?” she asked as she looked at her watch. She notices everyone is still looking at her.

“What’s with the look, girls?”

Hyewon, who was stuck in a face-palm, posed the question. “When did you get here?”

“I don’t know, like, before midnight?” answered Sakura, as she comfortably plopped herself down on the couch. “I got hungry though, so I went to the city and got some drinks.”

Hyewon was relieved that Sakura didn’t see her talking to Felix.

“So YOU were the one who tracked Hyunjin’s thug?”

Sakura simply nodded. “I sent it to you while I was going on the coffee run,” she said, shaking her iced caramel macchiato demonstratively. “Wonyoung still have curfew that Eunbi set, but they’ll be here in the morning.”

It’s 3:00 am and everyone, except Hyewon, has had atleast one or two REM cycles of sleep. Knowing this, Yujin tapped Hyewon’s shoulder, and told her to go to sleep. Hyewon gladly obliged.

Soon, the rest of the girls were gathered in the living room, where a tarp was laid out. On the tarp was a wide variety of guns. 

“Everyone, take what you need,” said Yujin, “we’re going hunting.” She gestured towards Hyewon’s laptop, where a green dot was being pinged on a map of the surrounding area. Having armed her crack team of commandos, she told them to disperse, and start preparing. 

She, however, headed for the basement. She pulled out a key and opened the basement door. It was dark, until she clicked the switch, turning on the lights. Yena, who was following her, couldn’t contain her amazement as she saw the crates.

“Like what you see?” asked Yujin, not even looking at Yena. She tossed her a pistol, easily caught by the older. 

“Lots of guns here and you give me a pistol?”

“Pick whatever you want, and head back upstairs.”

She went out of the basement and into the courtyard, watching her teammates familiarize themselves with their newfound little friends.

/*Sakura’s POV*/

As Yujin sat at the balcony, I saw her tired eyes. She’s going through a lot and it’s not fair.

I wonder when Eunbi’s getting here.

The shining sun illuminated the mansion. Time flies so fast, and we’re still getting ready. Having packed my equipment beforehand, I plopped myself on the couch and played some games on my console.

To avoid the glare from the sun, I changed my position, only to see someone standing in the doorway, holding two duffle bags, smiling at me. I jumped up and ran towards her.

“Am I too early or too late?”

“Eunbi!” I jumped, hugging her. She quickly dropped the duffle bags to return it.

Having heard me shout Eunbi’s name, the team quickly came to greet her. 

Eunbi broke the hug and went over to Yujin, who was trying not to cry. “It’s going to be ok,” she tells Yujin, “we’ll get her back.”

As I look around, I notice something.

“Where’s Wonyo-”

“Yujin!” Ah. There she is.

Wonyoung ran to Yujin and hugged her, mimicking Eunbi. Yujin, confused, looked Wonyoung from head to toe, before posing a question-

“What are you doing here?” 

The standoffish atmosphere was worsened when rain started pouring and sunlight was replaced with dark grey clouds.

It’s also pretty obvious that she didn’t listen to me.

“I’m here to help,” answered Wonyoung.

“You’re here to help? You’re a spy for Hwang Hyunjin. You’re his cousin, aren’t you?” asked Hyejoo, trying to piss Wonyoung off.

I understand where Hyejoo’s coming from, but I know Wonyoung too much to understand that she won’t do that to Yujin. She loves the girl like more than anyone else.

“Hyejoo, stop that.” Both Heejin and Jinsol entered the conversation, trying to stop Hyejoo from being disrespectful.

“I’m just saying…”

“We didn’t talk after what happened back in high school,” said Wonyoung, “and I understand where you’re coming from, Hyejoo. I really do. But I’m here to help.”

Hyejoo didn’t care.

“Please. Don’t fight. I don’t want to lose anyone anymore.” Yujin stared at the floor, keeping back tears. “I’ve dragged all of you into this when it was clearly dangerous, so please don’t let me lose any of you.”

Chaeyeon and Yena went to hug her only to be pushed away. “I’m okay,” she said, “so let’s just go over our plan so I can punch that Hyunjin’s face.”

/*Yujin’s POV*/

As we gathered around a table, Jinsol took out a large map, an aerial view of their base. It was an abandoned port east of the city. Apparently it was shut down because of organized crime, but apparently they never really left, and are obviously still using it.

The plan was fuzzy at first but we managed to smooth it out. Hyewon, Hyunjin, Eunbi and Wonyoung will be staying in the van as backup. I kept insisting for Wonyoung to accompany the initial strike team but she wanted to be careful. Sakura and Jinsol will provide over watch and the rest of us will be the initial strike team.

“Are you sure about this?” Heejin asked. I nodded. “What if Minjoo isn’t there? What if it’s a trap?”

“Are you underestimating Sakura, Hyewon and Hyunjin’s talent?” asked Yena.

“That’s why Sakura and Jinsol are providing over watch. If it’s a trap, backup comes in. Hyewon and Hyunjin will also be watching from the van in case things get dingy,” I answered.

I also have the suspicion that it might be a trap. If it is, we just need to get information, probably interrogate some thugs. Whether the easy way or the hard way, we’re getting information. 

The sound of rain filled the room as Hyewon barked the command to march.

“Pack your bags, it’s five hours from here and we need to be in and out before sunrise.”

/*3rd person POV*/

Divided into two, their team was split into the initial strike team, and the backup. Sakura and Jinsol used two separate buildings as bird’s nests. The rest quietly enter the base.

Yujin’s one of the most talented athletes in school. Volleyball, badminton, basketball, she can do it. Any sport you throw at her, she can get.

She’s known for it, and she’s gotten used to it too. Boys and girls fall for her, left and right. Unfortunately for them, her eyes were set on Kim Minjoo, the kind of girl people fall in love with at first sight. Everyone has an eye for her, but she has a boyfriend, the one and only Hwang Hyunjin. The two of them were famously known as “the couple with the stunning visuals.” 

Yujin and Hyunjin were close childhood friends; Hyunjin would cheer Yujin on when she practices, always trying to cheer her up and support her.

The “stunning visuals couple” was also known for their perfect relationship. Everyone knew that. Visuals? Check. Intelligence? They’re always studying together at the library. Check. They never had fights or misunderstandings. Close to perfect.

Atleast, that’s what everyone thought. 

“You practice every day, Yujin. Hang out with us sometimes, please?” asked Hyunjin as he placed the cans of soda beside him. “You’re guaranteed to win the volleyball tournament anyway.” 

Taking a seat beside Hyunjin, she took a can of soda and opened it, chugging it like an alcoholic chugs beer. 

“I know why you’re here. What happened?” asked the girl, always straightforward.

Hyunjin sighed. “It’s about us again. Remember how prom is next week?” Yujin tilted her head slightly, expecting a continuation. “I told her I had already picked her dress.”

“You picked her dress for her?”

“Yeah. I just want us to be the perfect couple at prom. I even asked my dad’s secretary and she agrees. It looks good. I just don’t understand why she doesn’t like it-“

Yujin stood up, crumpling the can and tossing it into the nearby bin.

She turned to face Hyunjin again, sighing. “The word ‘perfect’ is stuck inside your head. That’s what people think about you, and granted, you want it to be true. But Hyunjin, you have to understand that Minjoo’s opinions matter too. Relationships where it’s all about one person are toxic.” The person with the perfectly shaped face obviously didn’t understand. “Those perfect-couple expectations of yours? Drop them. Relationships aren’t perfect and if you keep forcing them to be, things will get worse. Talk to her and patch things up.”

Smiling, Hyunjin stood up. “Thanks for the advice, Yujin. I’ll go now.” As he walked away, he asked himself: “Why is it always the single one who gives great advice?”

Yujin is a wreck inside. If only she was the one with Minjoo, things wouldn’t have to be like that. She just doesn’t want to end their friendship, so maybe it’s for the better that Minjoo doesn’t know.

Days passed by and her friends kept calling, asking if she really won’t be going to the prom. She ignored them, but they kept coming.

She decided to pick the next one up, when she suddenly heard loud knocks coming from her front door.

“YUJIN OPEN THIS DOOR OR WE’LL KICK IT OPEN FOR YOU!” Yena’s voice boomed from outside.

Opening it revealed her best friends, Hyewon, Yena and Chaeyeon.

Before she could greet them, Chaeyeon opened up with a question, loudly at that.

“WHY AREN’T YOU COMING TO PROM?!” Chaeyeon yelled, moments before Hyewon kicked her foot.

“What?”

“You didn’t get a date?” Yena teased. “Poor you. One of the most famous students in school doesn’t have a date.” This time, Hyewon went for Yena’s nape, smacking her.

Hyewon, master of face-palms, demonstrated how good she was, face-palming at the comical bluntness of her companions.

“You don’t get it, do you?” she asked. “She’s not coming because she doesn’t want to wear a dress–” “What?” Yujin’s glare was still as effective as ever.

“Just kidding. It’s her again, isn’t it? Come on, Yujin. We’re there. You have us.”

Yujin doesn’t want to go for many reasons. Minjoo, the dresses, and she was also worried of interrupting her friends’ plans with their partners.

“I’ll be fine,” she assured them, “I don’t want to interact with toxic people tomorrow. You have dates anyway, right?”

Yujin wasn’t going to budge and they knew that, so they didn’t bother her anymore. Instead, they decided to hang out at an arcade, which Hyewon and Yena couldn’t resist.

“STUPID!”

Hyewon was playing with a boy from another school nearby when she lost. Now, the poor guy looked scared.

She walked back to their table, where their food was already laid out. They’d been served a while ago, but they didn’t want to interrupt her.

After hanging out, they walked Yujin back home.

“You should think about going. Have fun with us,” said Hyewon.

At the school, the next day was spent preparing for the event. The hallways bustled as the students scuttled about, decorating the school.

Yujin, meanwhile, was in her apartment. As she sat down on her couch to watch some k-dramas, her phone rang. It was her dad. 

“Did you like the clothes I sent? You’re wearing them to the prom, right?” asked her father.

Looking at the white box on the kitchen island, she answered. “I’m not going, dad.”

After explaining why she wasn’t going, without mentioning Minjoo, her dad couldn’t do much.

Just as she was putting her phone down, another notification clicked. It was Yena, who had sent a message and a picture.

They were there at the hall, wearing classy black dress suits. As she was looking at the picture, her phone rang again.

“Hey!” yelled Yena, trying to speak despite the loud music in the background. 

“Are you still not going? It’s going to be fun! I’m sure you don’t want to miss it!” she continued.

Thinking about it, Yujin chuckled. They all had dates, anyway. Chaeyeon was with Sakura, a gamer who was popular in school. Hyewon went with Kwon Eunbi, the student council president with a reputation for being uptight. Yena, who was still yelling through the music, had for a date none other than the best singer in school, Yuri. “I don’t like being a third wheel,” she said, chuckling again. She’s famous, but isn’t it fairly ironic that she’s single too? 

“You can come with Chaewon!” said Yena.

“Don’t tell me you forgot. She’s with Hitomi. Felix would probably kill me anyway,” she answered.

“You can come with Nako!” said Eunbi.

“Nah, she hates seeing me right now. Don’t tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter