Dreams, feelings, and you

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S2: Swan's Secret Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Fluff, Hurt/Comfort,

Summary: Yujin has this unlikely skill of seeing anyone else's dreams, as a kid she found it scary and bothering but as time goes by, she enjoyed looking at the other dreams, finding them sometimes funny or scary. But in those thousands of dreams, she finds one dream amusing and sweet at the same time.

Word Count: 11649

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS2_DreamsFeelingsAndYou

 

Dreams, feelings, and you

 

        Yujin's apartment, 2:45 AM

 

Her shoulders were tensed and her grip on her pillow was tight. She harshly turned her body on the other side as she tried to ignore someone's ridiculous nightmare.

 

She has her eyes tightly closed, which she is completely aware of is a futile attempt of not seeing the dream when her mind itself is the one flashing the scenes like an actual movie.

 

It has been almost an hour yet she still sees the person running away from a group of men carrying a bunch of weapons. Unfortunately for her, she could also feel whatever the dreamer does feel as of this moment.

 

Yujin groaned and opened her eyes. She sits up and ruffles her hair in annoyance. Whoever is dreaming so bad at this time of the day is completely pissing her off and why is this the dream that she could see this time?

 

She puffs her cheeks and stands up to brew herself a cup of coffee. For her seventeen years of existence, this ability of seeing someone else's dream everyday is with her since she was six. The cause was completely unknown despite consulting one of the best psychiatrists in the country.

 

Yujin admits that it wasn't really that useless since she received medication for her insomnia and anxiety that was caused by her ability. It's been nine years since and she gradually improved, she's now somehow emotionally stable and she handles herself much better whenever she sees dreams.

 

She pulls out her phone from her pocket, she purses her lips upon seeing that it's almost 3:00. Although it's not that unusual for her to be awake at this time, she has exams to take later at 7:00 and she hasn't even reviewed as her ability is taking over her brain.

 

Her mind is still showing glimpses of the dream (which is already at its point wherein the dreamer is close to waking up). She winces at that part when the man (or whatever) is about to stab the dreamer. 

 

She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath to calm her pounding heart. She walks inside her kitchen and takes out the coffee beans to brew them. 

 

The most annoying part of this ability is that she feels whatever the dreamer felt during the dream, it was definitely adding more to the intense emotions she has on her own the moment she discovered this.

 

The sounds of the coffee brewing filled Yujin's ears as she sits on the counter while contemplating about how she will survive later on without sleeping.

 

While tapping her fingers on her lap, she jolts at the sound of her beans finally brewed. She shakes her head and chuckles as she gets down and pours the brewed coffee into her favorite mug.

 

She sips on her coffee and lets out a satisfied smile as the taste of black coffee enters her system. Her ability and love for black coffee has always made her more functional at dawn than the rest of the day.

 

Usually, the dreams last on her head for thirty minutes, the same time as the dreamer dreams. She only sees one dream a day but there are also occurrences that she can see multiple dreams at once.

 

That situation happens whenever she's tired, emotionally or physically. Luckily for her, those multiple dreams are usually cute, amusing and funny so she doesn't really mind and she enjoyed looking at those.

 

Although, since people do dream three to five times at night, Yujin does see every single dream and not just the memorable one. The difference is that the memorable one is the main point and what Yujin feels and sees the most.

 

She leans her back against the chair she's now sitting on as she drinks her black coffee while scrolling on her phone to look for her reviewer. To her surprise, a sudden notification pops out and she laughs at the memes sent by her best friend Wonyoung with the caption, I hope you're already reviewing your notes at this time and not seeing any dreams anymore.

 

Yujin laughed and sent a 'okay' sticker as a reply. She closes the messaging app after and starts to read her notes. A few minutes has passed and she winces as she sees a few glimpses of a different dream.

 

She sighed and leaned her head on the table with her eyes closed as the feeling of tiredness creeps in her body. When she felt her eyes getting heavier, she immediately sat right back up and tapped her face a few times.

 

"Oh gosh," She whispered softly, " Don't fail me right now you nocturnal girl!" Yujin says loudly as she shakes her head and looks at the empty mug. 

 

She swipes down across her phone and her eyes widen as she sees the time, it's already 3:35 yet she feels that her brain couldn't absorb her notes despite it being digital and properly arranged.

 

Yujin frustratedly brushes her hair with her fingers and leans back on the chair. She felt her chest heaved in shock which made her shake her head and once again tapped her cheeks to focus.

 

She held her phone and went to open the notes up for her to make a shorter and more understandable reviewer.

 

Fortunately for her, an hour has passed and she has read all of her notes properly. She sighs in relief as dreams finally stopped visiting her head for a while.

 

She relaxes as she takes a look at her final reviewer. Her phone suddenly buzzes loudly which made her jolt in her seat, only for her to realize that it's her alarm for her morning routine.

 

Yujin stands up and smiles while raising her arms to stretch, she cranks her neck next and goes to immediately make herself another cup of coffee.

 

Since she's always up at midnight up until sunrise, she's already used to drinking multiple cups of coffee in a day and in that matter it's always black.

 

While she sips in her cup of coffee, she takes time in scrolling through her social media accounts, a hobby that she these past few days she is fond of due to the dream related contents she sees literally everywhere.

 

After finishing her coffee, Yujin went back to her bedroom to lay down and if time allows her, she might nap for a short while.

 

She checks the time and she sighs as it is already 5:00. She pursed her lips and sat up to sigh again, feeling disappointed that she couldn't even take a little nap before the exam.

 

Despite her getting used to working with a little to none sleep, it would still feel nice to take one.

 

She dejectedly stood and fixed her bed again with a pout. After fixing, she got her towel and went to take a shower.

 

After taking a shower, Yujin went to her wardrobe and picked her favorite hoodie and ripped jeans. She combs her hair and applies light make up.

 

She checks the time, 6:00 and decides that she's going to eat her breakfast at the school canteen. She hurriedly got her small bag and left her apartment.

 

Fortunately for her, the school she's studying in is just one block away from her apartment. Yujin wears her airpods and starts walking.

 

A thing that she usually loves when she walks around her neighborhood is the silence that it always offers. Her neighbors are all kind and it was something that she's thankful for.

 

Yujin would always go out at night when dreams would knock at the front of her head. If the dreams she sees are bothering, she would like to go out and listen to some music to calm her down.

 

After reaching a minute and half on her second song, she finally arrives right in front of the school gate. She smiles brightly as she taps her ID on the scanner and lets the guards check her bag.

 

When the guards were done, she immediately went to the canteen knowing that her favorite tteokbokki is freshly cooked and Wonyoung is waiting for her there.

 

Yujin goes inside the cafeteria and she smiles widely as she immediately sees Wonyoung sitting with their other friends, Yena and Yuri. She goes on their table and grins.

 

"What's up, gays?" Yujin greets while she sits beside Wonyoung. She immediately picked up a fork and ate. 

 

"You kid, you haven't eaten anything?" Yena asks while watching Yujin eat heartily. The said girl nods and all the other three could only sigh.

 

"You know why," Yujin says as after swallowing, "Coffee alone calms me at dawn," She adds as she wiped and chuckles softly upon noticing the worried expression her friends are giving her.

 

"Don't worry guys, I'm fine okay? At least I got better than the last time" Yujin softly mutters while smiling which made the three just nod, even though they're still really worried.

 

But what she said was the truth, she really did get better in handling herself and focusing on other things after seeing dreams.

 

After they finished eating, they checked the time, 6:45, which made them hurry and go to their respective classrooms. Yena had the audacity to kiss Yuri's forehead despite being five minutes late on her first subject.

 

Yujin had to bite back her laugh at Yuri's blushing cheeks as they needed to go to their classroom and review one last time.

 

As soon as they enter the classroom, Yujin almost freezes as she sees her mysterious and cold-looking beauty of a classmate, Kim Minjoo looking out in the window with that poker (and pretty) face of hers.

 

Yujin felt a soft tug on her arm and she smiled upon seeing Wonyoung. She nods and sits down while putting her attention on her friends.

 

A few minutes later, the teacher finally arrived and made them arrange themselves alphabetically. She snickers and goes to the front.

 

The past few minutes was dead silent, except for the sounds of papers shuffling and some whispers. And for that whole time, Yujin has nothing but a wide grin on her face as she easily completes the exam.

 

After she checks if she already answered everything and all, she leans her forehead on the table and closes her eyes for a few seconds.

 

As soon as she heard her teacher coughing, she immediately raised her head and to her surprise, her eyes met Minjoo's cold ones. She immediately looked at her paper, feeling sudden nervousness.

 

She shakes her head and closes her eyes for a few seconds, hoping that the reason for the sudden nervousness is just her lack of sleep.

 

When the teacher sees that everyone is finished (or so it seems to her), papers were immediately passed to the front. Yujin felt glad now that she's sitting in front and she could immediately leave the room.

 

She sits by the floor as she waits for Wonyoung and Yuri to go out of the classroom. She then leans back on the porch in boredom as she looks at her classmates' faces and remembers their dreams.

 

She had to stop herself from laughing out loud as upon remembering the most awkward dreams from her classmates. As much as she doesn't want to remember or see it in the first place, her brain is really active in regards to dreams.

 

Yujin grins and stands up as soon as she sees Wonyoung and Yuri finally getting out of their classroom. She stretches her arms up and walks closer to her friends, only to accidentally have her eyes stuck on Minjoo's that is definitely luring her in for some reason.

 

"Jinnie, let's go?" Wonyoung asks while patting her shoulder. She nodded and smiled while wrapping her around her friends.

 

While they walk around Yujin's neighborhood, they're talking about the exam they took earlier. Wonyoung and Yuri knows that she aced the exam as usual.

 

When they're finally inside Yujin's apartment, Wonyoung and Yuri immediately go to lay down on her bed. She laughed and placed her bag on the table first before laying down as well.

 

The three immediately fell asleep as soon as Yujin set up the alarm. After thirty minutes, the alarm rings out loudly causing all three girls to almost fall out of the bed.

 

"Oh my gosh, your alarm is so loud!" Yuri says with a pout and a frown that made the younger and taller girls laugh loudly.

 

"Sorry Jjoyul, but that's needed" Yujin says with a chuckle as she pinches Yuri's cheeks. The said girl then glares at her cutely causing them to laugh more.

 

"Alright alright, now what should we do next?" Wonyoung asks while fixing her hair and shirt. 

 

"We should eat some snacks and watch some variety show, I'm kind of starving" Yujin says and the two immediately agrees causing her to grin and shows her thumb up.

 

"Okay, we're helping you pick the snacks," Yuri says as she smiles widely and stands up. Yujin nodded and ushered them to follow her to the cupboard.

 

After getting their snacks, they went to the living room and switched the television on to watch their favorite variety show. While they're focused on eating and watching, Yujin suddenly freezes as she sees a glimpse of a dream.

 

A girl standing right in front of the sea, her hands are clasped on her back.

 

It was literally a second and it was so fuzzy but she definitely knows it was a dream or more like a flash of daydreaming and for some reason, it looks like she wants to see more.

 

Yujin went back to reality quickly as she felt that Wonyoung and Yuri were shaking her shoulders so much. She turns her head and she sees the worried look in their eyes.

 

"Jinnie, what happened? Did you see something again?" Wonyoung asks worriedly while cupping Yujin's face. 

 

"Just the usual sudden daydream appearing out of nowhere," Yujin says with a smile while patting both of their heads to calm them down.

 

Wonyoung and Yuri looked at each other quickly as they sigh and nodded.

 

After eating and watching, they checked the time which is already 8:25, they then decided to clean up and freshen themselves up before going back.

 

The rest of the day went on as usual for Yujin, with her friends being worried and chaotic and yes, so far her brain wasn't really disturbing her.

 

As soon as she finally finished her last class, she immediately bidded her friends good bye and went to her apartment with a goofy grin on her face as she can finally have a good sleep.

 

The moment she gets inside her apartment, she quickly goes to her bedroom and lays down on her bed. A few seconds later, her eyes felt heavy and soon she fell asleep.

 

A few hours has passed and Yujin wakes up with a smile. She looks outside and she sighs in satisfaction as it is already night time.

 

She opens her phone and she bites her lip upon seeing that it's already 9:59. Which means that anytime soon, she can already see different dreams.

 

Yuijn went to her kitchen and started preparing one of her favorite snacks, french toast. While waiting for it to be cooked, she couldn't help but think about what happened earlier.

 

She carefully flipped the bread as her mind now wanders to the part where she felt nervous when her eyes met Minjoo's. The weird part is when she also felt her cheeks flushed for a moment back then.

 

She placed her french toast on a plate and went to brew coffee. Her back is resting against the counter as she now remembers that sudden flash of daydreaming earlier.

 

It wasn't really that unusual for her to see a flash of daydreams out of the blue but what really surprised her is the feeling of wanting to see more of it. She felt like something about it is interesting or really eye-catching.

 

She pours her brewed coffee into her favorite mug while still wondering about what she felt earlier. She would usually hate or won't care having sudden daydreams invading her head but it was the complete opposite earlier.

 

Yujin takes a bite of her french toast while she scrolls through her twitter. She has a smile on her face as she sees dream related tweets.

 

After she finished her french toast and coffee, she went to her living room and switched her television on to watch variety shows. As soon as she sits on her couch, she suddenly realizes that this is her everyday, boring and usual routine.

 

She shakes her head and sighs while letting herself be absorbed by the variety show she is watching. 

 

She already finished one episode and is about to switch into a different channel when her brain starts showing her a dream, causing her to freeze in shock and drop the remote control.

 

But what surprised her the most is how seemingly sweet and vibrant the dream is. 

 

The setting is a garden composed of roses while the sun is shining, a girl is slowly walking and touching each flower. Her back is the only thing that you can see from her but you could definitely tell that she's happy and enjoying her time in the garden.

 

Yujin smiles as she closes her eyes and relaxes to complete focus on the dream.

 

The girl in the dream continued walking and touching each rose she passed by. She is wearing a white sleeveless dress which completely boosted the peaceful and sweet setting of the dream, making everything more enticing. She stops walking and picks up two roses, gently touching its petals and humming a sweet tune.

 

Unfortunately for Yujin, the dream has already shifted into a different one but is still likely from the same person.

 

This time, the same girl is running away from a-- wait, is that a monkey? Anyways, she lets out loud screams of fear as she runs quickly while pushing away every single person in her way. 

 

Yujin chuckles as she completely relaxes and lays down on her couch, placing her focus on the interesting dream she sees again.

 

The girl frantically looks around for a hiding spot with her screams still loud. When she finally finds one, she hurriedly gets inside and lets out a sigh of relief.

 

Yujin laughs softly as she continues to focus on the girl dreaming, although she could also feel the panic and fear, the whole thing was just so amusing and perhaps, cute for no apparent reason.

 

Sadly, the dream suddenly stops and all Yujin can see now is just black. She opened her eyes and pouted in disappointment, it was her first time enjoying a dream, it was just as long as the other dreams yet she felt like it was too short.

 

She opens her phone and her eyes widened as it is already 12:35. She realizes that she must've really enjoyed it, that she doesn't really feel exhausted nor annoyed.

 

All she feels right after is bliss and disappointment because it was too short.

 

She sits up and decided to watch another 

variety show, she switches the channel and finds one but all she is thinking about is the dream, only for it to be interrupted by another dream.

 

Yujin pouts as the dream is clearly from a different person, she winces upon seeing that the dream is just all about dating, although she feels all the sweet and fluffy feelings, it is still cringey for her.

 

Now that she thinks about it, why does it feel so different when this dream she is seeing at the moment is all about a couple dating and the one earlier was just a girl walking around a garden?

 

She hugs a pillow tight as she sighs ( for the nth time). Her hand reaches out for her phone and decides to play some calming songs to calm herself at least.

 

Since she already calmed for a bit, she sat up and went to her bedroom. Luckily for her, her class for tomorrow will start at noon so she has more time to sleep.

 

As soon as her body hits the mattress, she smiles and stares at her window while still seeing a dream. She stayed like that for a few hours and when she felt that the dreams were already done, the sun was almost out.

 

She opened her phone and she immediately winces upon seeing that it's already 5:22. She then realizes that she saw a lot of unpleasant dreams earlier while she spent the rest by listening to the calming music and stare at the window.

 

Yujin turned down and buried her face on the pillow, her thoughts then slowly travelled back to the most beautiful dream she saw so far. She smiles softly as she recalls on how sweet and peaceful it was.

 

She gently plays with her blanket and lets out a hum when she now realizes that the girl's back was all too familiar. A few minutes later, she felt her eyelids getting heavier and eventually, she fell asleep.

 

A few hours later, her alarm suddenly rings loudly, causing her to jolt and scream in shock. She groaned loudly and switched her alarm off.

 

She stood up and stretched for a while before fixing her bed. After fixing her bed, she checks the time,10:33. She smiled in relief and went to her kitchen to cook herself some breakfast.

 

While she prepares the ingredients for her kimchi fried rice, her phone suddenly buzzes loudly. She places all of the ingredients on the counter and gets her phone from her pocket.

 

A wide smile gets on her face as she sees her mother's name with a small message, Hi there Yujinnie, how's your life? It's been months since you went home. Let's talk later at night hmm? I love you and take care!

 

Yujin smiles widely and immediately typed in a reply, Hello mom! Let's talk later, I love you too and take care as well!

 

She placed her phone back on her pocket and started cooking while having a big smile on her face as the thought of her mother finally having enough time to check and talk to her.

 

When she finished cooking, she placed the kimchi fried rice on the plate and as usual, she immediately brewed coffee. She ate her breakfast in peace and when she was done, she quickly cleaned the dishes.

 

She checks the time on her phone while she gets her towel, 11:10. She immediately went inside the bathroom and took a very quick shower.

 

As soon as she got finished, she immediately dressed up with t-shirt and jeans and quickly applied light make-up.

 

She quickly leaves her apartment and starts walking at a fast pace, despite listening to music, her thoughts are filled with the possibility that she might be late and plus, her teacher for this subject is really strict.

 

The moment she stops in front of the school gate, she smiles and quickly scans her ID while letting the guards check her bag.

 

After that, Yujin immediately went straight to her building but unfortunately for her, when she's finally about to get inside her classroom, she accidentally bumps into someone.

 

"I'm so--," Yujin is about to apologize when she sees Minjoo glaring right into her eyes. She gulps and immediately sits in the vacant chair between Wonyoung and Yuri while her two friends are looking at her.

 

Yujin smiles at them and patted their heads gently despite her insides feeling wobbly, especially her heart that is beating fast and her chest tightened.

 

For what reason? She isn't really sure either.

 

The rest of the day went normal, except for the few heart stopping moments and the reason was Minjoo. Yujin couldn't help but wonder as she walked around her neighborhood.

 

When she gets inside her apartment, she gasps as she suddenly sees a very familiar woman sitting on her couch who is now looking at her with a very soft smile that she really misses.

 

She quickly runs and immediately sits beside her mother, wrapping her around the woman who she hasn't seen for months while she tears up a bit.

 

"Hi daughter, you really missed me?" Mrs. Ahn says softly while patting her head and rubbing her back. Yujin smiles widely and nods.

 

"Of course, it's been a while mom" Yujin says while grinning. Mrs. Ahn giggles and tapped her cheeks.

 

They then spent the whole night talking about what happened in their lives in the past month. Yujin couldn't help but smile all night long and cling to her mother.

 

After her mother went home, Yujin chuckled softly as she stared at the leftover food she placed inside her refrigerator. She closes it while thinking about what her mother said when she talked about that dream.

 

" It might be a good thing or that girl maybe someone that will have a huge impact in your life"

 

She checks the time and she smiles as she sees that it's just 9:00, which means she has a whole hour to just relax before seeing different dreams again.

 

She sits on her couch and switches her television on to watch her favorite variety show again. A few minutes after, she lays down on the couch as she laughs at the show.

 

As she didn't notice the time, she gets the remote and is about to switch channels when her brain starts doing its work, featuring the same girl last night, causing her to drop the remote again.

 

The same girl walks around Seoul, which was filled by people in groups. It was at night so the streets are illuminated by the lights and of course, the moon. She carefully walks around as if she's looking for someone.

 

Yujin frowns and turns her body as she closes her eyes, trying to concentrate on the dream.

 

She slowly passed by the crowds and went on to check every tteokbokki store she passed by, looking for someone. It went on like that for a few minutes until finally she saw that someone.

 

The girl takes small steps while fiddling with her fingers, seemingly nervous as she approaches that someone. The other girl has short hair and is really tall. When she's about to tap her shoulder--

 

Yujin groans in frustration as the dream cuts off and changes into another setting, which is somehow another weird one.

 

The girl stands up and looks around and touches the tree she leaned on earlier, the jungle she's in is illuminated by the sun and the surrounding is covered with the noises of some animals.

 

She slowly starts walking and looking around as she tries to find a path where she can leave. When she sees one, she runs towards it but unfortunately, a shadow of a big animal scares and freezes her on the spot.

 

Yujin shivers in fear but this time, she wants to be with me the dreamer and stay there as long as possible.

 

As soon as she sees the giant shadow pass by, she shivers and immediately sits  down and covers her head in fear. A few seconds after, she heard the animal moving further away making her stand and look back--

 

Yujin frustratedly throws her plushie as the dream once again shifts to a different one and clearly, a different person. She groaned again as she was about to the dreamer's face.

 

She sits up and picks her plushie while she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter