Wish

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S2: Swan's Secret Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Angst, Crime, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Supernatural

Summary: Yujin met Minju in a weird way, turned out Minju had amnesia. They slowly knowing each other until at some point, something weird happened.

Word Count: 11999

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS2_Wish

 

Wish

 

This is a story from one year ago.

Yujin could hear scratch sounds from her pen and paper as she wrote that sentence down. Soft drips of the raindrops could be heard together with the soft, calming music that came from Yujin’s phone, creating another piece of soothing music. With the dim light that helped her to read and write better, wasn’t it the perfect atmosphere?

She smiled gently. The overflowing memories from one year ago where she fell in love for the first time and when she needed to let go of the thing that was important to her.

 

***

 

Another day to get through.

Yujin didn’t know why she needed to go to school every day. What was the point anyways? When she graduates, she would take over the family store. She knew her life was already decided since that incident. The incident that Yujin didn’t want to remember.

She was standing still in front of her school gate while sighing. The gate that she didn’t even like at all, even after one year of seeing that gate every day. Right now, she was in the second year of senior high school. The year when people said it is the best year in our youth.

"Yujin!"

Someone called Yujin loudly. Yujin knew that voice and she looked back. Yeah right, Wonyoung. One of her friends. Well, maybe the only one because Yujin thought it would be better for her not to get tangled with fake friends or a toxic person.

"Shut up, don't shout my name that hard," said Yujin grumpily. "What is it, Won?"

"Oh sorry," Wonyoung giggled. "Nothing actually, I just wanted to say hi and walk together."

Wonyoung is one of her friends indeed. Yujin knew that this attitude was the reason why she had literally no friends. But, Yujin and Wonyoung were good friends. She knew that Yujin didn’t mean that way.

"Hey, Yujin..."

Wonyoung stopped walking. Automatically, Yujin stopped too. She pointed her finger at the third floor. "Do you know who is that person?"

Yujin wrinkled her eyes. "Who? That third-year girl?"

Wonyoung nodded and repeated herself, "Do you know her?"

"Do you think I know her?"

"No."

Yujin and Wonyoung stayed silent for ten seconds as they looked at each other. Then they started to walk again, "Why did you ask?"

"Isn't she so pretty?" asked Wonyoung. "I didn’t know we had someone that pretty in this school."

I couldn't even see that girl's face. Well, your eyes are really something, Won.

Yujin touched her chin and thought, "I guess she's a transfer student. You know, her uniform is kinda different."

"Are you sure? I can't see her uniform that well."

Because your eyes are fixed on her face. Duh.

"Hey Yujin, can you help me?"

"No."

Wonyoung blinked, "What do you mean by no?"

"No? Means no?" Yujin shrugged. "You are curious about where she's from and want me to touch her uniform, don’t you?"

"Exactly."

Yes, Yujin had powers and Wonyoung knew it. Beside her, no one else knew. Not even her mom or belated dad. Yujin thought this was a useless power and it was an inconvenience as well. Her power is merely that she could see a part of memory on non-living things when her hands touched it. One memory per item.

"Why would I?" Yujin glared at Wonyoung. "This better be a good reason."

Wonyoung stared at Yujin and blinked twice, confused. "Because she's cute?"

Yujin took a deep breath and surrendered. "Nevermind, just tell me when you're ready."

"Thanks, Yujin," said Wonyoung while patting Yujin's head. "I owe you this one."

 

***

 

“You know, I’m a busy person. I need to help my mom with the store and I have zero intention to go to the library.”

“Shut up, Yujin. You promised me already! There won’t be any other chance besides this one,” said Wonyoung while pushing Yujin’s back. “That pretty girl is in the library now.”

“Well,” Yujin rolled her eyes. “I’m sorry, pretty girl hunter.”

It didn't take a long time until they arrived at the library. Wonyoung and Yujin seemed nervous all of sudden. They knew it was a crime to look at someone’s past without permission. But whatever, they were curious and nothing could stop them.

“Touch her uniform and then leave, right?” Yujin sought confirmation.

Wonyoung answered, “Yeah, and I will pretend to push you unintentionally, so you can touch her uniform.”

Yujin looked around, no one else was in the library besides two stupid girls and one pretty girl. Before, Yujin couldn’t see that girl’s face, but now with only 5 meters distance, she saw her face and stood still for a second. Yeah, the pretty girl was really pretty.

Yujin looked back and whispered, “I can’t do this.”
Wonyoung glared at her, and with her chin, she was telling Yujin to do it or die.

Yujin couldn’t do anything. She’s walking closer with a step that is heavy and sounded unnatural at all. Like a mix between shy and angry at the same time.

“Excuse me, “ Yujin stuttered a bit. “May I sit here and read a book?”

That pretty girl looked at Yujin and nodded, “Of course, this is a library, no?”

Wonyoung laughed. Yujin could hear it and suddenly she hated Wonyoung so much that she could kill her twice.

Yujin stood still in the awkward silence. And now what? Do something Wonyoung!

“Ah! There you are Yujin,” said Wonyoung while pretending that she was looking for Yujin. “I didn’t know you were here.”

Wonyoung walked towards Yujin rashly then dropped herself. She managed to push Yujin. But, it was a mess. Actually, Wonyoung was so light that Yujin could handle her with one hand, so Yujin wasn’t budging at all.
“Ah I’m falling,” said Yujin and she managed to touch that pretty girl’s uniform.

“Hey, be careful,” said the pretty girl to Wonyoung, and then looked at Yujin, “Are you okay?”

Yujin froze. Like what the hell?

She really touched her uniform. But where’s the vision? Yujin almost cried, this was embarrassing as hell and now it failed? No, she didn’t want to end it like this. Yujin once again - with unnatural acting - pretended to fall and hugged the pretty girl.
“Are you really okay?” The pretty girl held Yujin. “Did you sprain your ankle?”

NOW REALLY, WHAT THE ?!

Yujin looked at the pretty girl’s face. She literally froze with opened wide, dumbfounded. No vision at all. Did she just lose her power?

 

***

 

“TOUCH THE UNIFORM, NOT HUG HER!” Wonyoung really shouted at Yujin angrily while Yujin lost in her own mind. “UGH… YUJIN!”

“Shut up!” Yujin shouted. “My power is gone! I don’t care about your pretty girl, okay?!”

“Excuse me, but I care!” said Wonyoung. “But... you’re right. It’s weird. Like why is your power suddenly gone?”
“I don’t know either, Won. Let me try to use it, do you have any new items on you today?”

“Oh, I do. My dad suddenly gave me a new credit card,” Wonyoung opened her bag and showed Yujin her new shining credit card. “You can use it.”

Yujin looked at Wonyoung for a couple of seconds with her big eyes.
“This peasant will gladly accept your gift,” said Yujin kneeled and stretched out her hand, “Please bless me with your money.”

“No, stupid! Use it to check your power.”

“Oh,” Yujin sounded sad, “But can I use it for my personal purpose?”
“No?” Wonyoung confused, “Do you want it or not?”

“Fine,” said Yujin. She took Wonyoung’s credit card and…

 

***

 

There were two men with suits. Yujin knew them, Wonyoung’s father and her butler - Paul. Yujin saw Paul handing Wonyoung’s credit card to Wonyoung’s father while he was talking about something. Yujin couldn’t hear it at all. Her power could only go as far as looking into the past, not hearing or feeling anything.

Wonyoung’s father suddenly laughed. Yujin didn’t know why, but she betted that he wanted to give Wonyoung a surprise. Yeah well, new credit card allowance surprise. What a nice father.
Wonyoung’s father then wrote something on a piece of paper. He wrote:

‘A new car for Wonyoung on her birthday’.

Yujin exhaled a long breath, not surprised anymore. She and Wonyoung have been friends for years. It was very natural for her family. For a second, she thought it was nice to be someone that rich. Well, being friends with rich people was not bad at all though.

 

***

 

"How is it?"

Wonyoung's voice snapped Yujin from her vision. She confused for a second before she could gather herself and responded, "My power is still there…"

Wonyoung looked confused too, "But you couldn't see that pretty girl past?"

Yujin shakes her head.

"That's strange," said Wonyoung. "Is she even a human?"

“Shut up, don’t try to make up another ghost story.”

Yujin sped up, leaving Wonyoung alone with her almost made-up ghost story. Wonyoung laughed internally at Yujin and then quickly followed Yujin. They started to head back to Yujin's store.

"I don't know why, but somehow it didn't work with her uniform," said Yujin, still wondering.

Wonyoung replied, "Maybe you touched it once without you realizing it…"

Yujin looked Wonyoung in the eyes, "Right! THAT’S RIGHT! My power was still there all this time, but I touched her uniform before! Maybe on a bus or train!"

"You seem happy now, you should treat me in your store, Yujin."

"Damn, you're such a bully, you know."

"Hey c'mon, aren't we friends?"

"Shut up, but okay, let's eat something at my place. Don't forget to take me anywhere with your brand new car later."

"Huh? What car?"

"Let's go, Wonyoung!"

 

***

 

"Oh no, me and my luck literally," said Yujin, she held her tray nervously and covered her face. Yujin needed to work in her family store-a small family restaurant with her mom. She had to work after school and at the weekend.

"What do you mean?" asked Wonyoung while she ate the pudding on her table. Free pudding from Yujin.

"Look!" said Yujin, pointing to one direction with her eyebrows. "That's our pretty girl."

Wonyoung looked in that direction secretly. Which made her look more obvious and unfortunately their eyes met. Wonyoung shuddered. She remembered those embarrassing moments two hours ago.

The pretty girl was coming to Yujin's store with her friends. Since Wonyoung's eyes and her eyes met, she waved her hand at Wonyoung and Yujin.

"Nice, now she knows that we're here…" said Yujin, giving up. "I can't believe she's still that kind after what we have done."

"You need to go there, Yujin."

"Huh? Why me? Aren't you the curious one?"

"I can’t. Just give her something and check your power again, duh."

"Come with me, I don't want to be there alone!"

"No," Wonyoung put the big spoon of pudding to and , "I dun't wunt tu."

"Stop eating your pudding, . Don't you want to know her name and all?"

Wonyoung smiled, "Introduce me to her later, okay?"

"Ugh, I'll just give her the same pudding as yours as an apology and gratitude."

"Goodluck, you have my blessings."

Yujin took the pudding from the fridge. It was her actually, she saved it for later, but that pretty girl was being nice all the time, she deserved it more than Yujin. She walked towards her and her friends. There are 4 of them.

“Uh… Hi?” said Yujin, kinda awkward. “Thanks for before, please accept this...”

“Wooo, ya Kim Minju! What did you do? Weren’t you at the library to study?” said one of her friends. So, her name is Kim Minju, what a convenience, thank you Kim Minju’s friend number one.

“I was! We met at the library,” said Minju, defending herself. Then she looked at Yujin, “Thank you, how about your feet? Is it still hurt?”

“Ah, yeah, it’s okay now. I think I need to go back to work.”

“Oh yeah... Sure,” Minju replied. “But tell me, what’s your name?”

“Yujin,” said Yujin. “Ahn Yujin.”

 

***

 

Yujin didn’t know why Kim Minju was still sitting there and reading a book. All her friends have left. And in 5 minutes, her store would be closed. It’s 9 P.M already.

“Yujin, isn’t she from your school? Tell her to go home, it’s already this late,” said Yujin’s mom. “Or maybe drive her home, use the bike.”
“Huh? Why would I?”
“Just do it or no allowance for tomorrow.”

“You're such a bully too, like Wonyoung,” said Yujin frustrated. “Where’s the key anyway?”

“Wonyoung is not a bully you know, she's a nice kid. I hope I can replace my daughter with her.”
“Sure, go ahead,” said Yujin didn’t care. She found it and then grabbed the bike key, “I will take care of the rest when I’m back. Just rest, mom.”

Yujin’s mom smiled a bit.

Yujin approached Kim Minju, Minju was too focused on her book and didn’t notice that Yujin was already in front of her, sitting there stunned by Kim Minju's face. Yujin really thought that this girl seemed not real. She’s too beautiful to be alive, she must be a doll or even better, an angel.

Kim Minju suddenly giggled, “Don’t you want to say something, Yujin?”

Yujin startled, and looked away, “Not really... I don’t want to bother you.”

“Oh, is it time to close the shop?” asked Minju, she guessed right. “I should go.”
“Yeah, you should,” said Yujin, accidentally thinking out loud and then realized. “No, I mean, my mom wants me to drive you home if you don’t mind.”

Now Minju was the one who startled, “I don’t mind, but isn’t it trouble for you?”
“Yeah, but nevermind. I need fresh air too, let’s go Kim Minju,” said Yujin, leaving Minju alone.

Minju didn’t know how to react. Instead, she said, “Call me Minju.”

Yujin nodded, and then shouted, “Mom, I’m leaving!”

Minju followed Yujin quietly. She looked for Yujin’s mom, but couldn’t find her anywhere. “Hey, Yujin… I think I should say goodbye to your mom.”

“No need, I will tell her later, or you can tell her next time you come here again.”

Minju nodded in silence. They’re going to the parking lot, where Yujin’s family’s bike was parked. It was an old bike but looks maintained very well. Yujin sat on the bike, then started the engine.

“Hop on!” said Yujin while tightening her helm. “And use this helm, this is my mom’s.”

“Okay,” Minju received Yujin’s mom’s helm. Their hands touched a bit. Actually, Yujin did it intentionally. She knew Minju wore a ring. Her power should be activated and she would know Minju’s past a bit.

… Nothing

“Nothing,” Yujin thought out loud again while stares at Minju’s face.

“What?” asked Minju, confused, “What do you mean?”

Yujin shook her head fast and replied, “oh nothing, nothing means nothing hahaha…”

Is she even a human?

Yujin shuddered and remembered what Wonyoung talked about Minju before. What if Wonyoung was right? That she’s not a human. A ghost?

Yujin slapped her face, so she wouldn’t imagine anything stupid when she drove Minju home.

“You’re acting weird, is everything good, Yujin?”

“Oh-uh, yeah? Yeah, everything is okay, don’t worry-”

“Actually,” Minju interrupted Yujin. “I don’t want to go home now.”

“Huh? Why?” Yujin asked, confused. Because you’re a ghost and don’t have any house?

“I want to go somewhere, do you mind?”

“Not really, but… is it going to take a long time? You know, I need to clean up too.”

“No, I just want to be there for a moment…”

Yujin felt this was important for Minju. Yujin agreed, and this might be too fast, but Yujin knew Minju was not a bad person. Maybe she wanted to get some fresh air too?

Yujin drove for thirty minutes. Minju was holding her shirt all the time and there was an awkward silence between them for thirty minutes. Yujin tried to do an ice breaker, she shouted, “Are you sure this is the right way? Isn’t this the way to Cheongdam bridge?”

“Yes,” said Minju. “I really want to see that bridge now.”

Oh crap, she's a Cheongdam bridge ghost? No, she’s a human. Just believe she’s a human. Nothing weird gonna happen today.

“Cheongdam bridge? Why so sudden?”
Minju didn’t answer that question and it was a silence between them.

“You know, Minju,” said Yujin. “I lost my dad in Cheongdam bridge.”

“Oh…” Minju suddenly felt guilty. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t know. You can drop me here, Yujin. Thanks a lot and sorry.”
“No, it’s okay. It was one year ago, my mom and I already accepted that. I believe my dad is in a better place now.”

“But...  I just… I’m sorry…”

“Don’t be,” said Yujin, she stopped her bike and parked her bike. “I think it’s nice to go here too.”

They took a moment of silence and just sat in there. Looking at the bridge from below, it was beautiful scenery. Yujin suddenly shed a tear and Minju noticed it. She gave Yujin her handkerchief. She patted her head gently.

“I’m so sorry, Yujin…”
Yujin sniffled and mumbled her words. Minju knew that Yujin said it’s okay while it’s not okay. Yujin must have had a hard life. She missed her father so much…

 

***

 

That afternoon-at lunch break, the sun shone very brightly. It went through the window and brightened Yujin’s face. She was sleeping and it was one of the peaceful days this week. Even the bird chirped and Wonyoung was busy with her phone beside Yujin.

One week had passed since the Cheongdam Bridge incident. Minju and Yujin hadn’t talked to each other since then. And Yujin thought it was her fault that Minju won’t talk to her again.

“Yujin,” said Wonyoung, waking Yujin up from her nap. “Look who’s coming for you.”

“Ha? Who?” Yujin shoved her head into her elbow and didn't care who that person was. “Another teacher?”

“No,” said Wonyoung, shaking Yujin harder. “Kim Minju…”

“Minju?!” Yujin startled. She immediately looked toward the door. Kim Minju with her friend-the friend number one-is there. Minju’s hand called both of them-or at least Yujin.

“Why is she in here?” said Yujin, “Can you tell her that I don’t want to meet her, Won?”

Wonyoung confused, “Are you sure? I mean, she’s kind, there’s no way she wants to make fun of you, right?”

Yujin clicked her tongue, grabbed Wonyoung's hand, and dragged her toward Minju and friend number one. Wonyoung startled and blushed a bit.

“Hi Yujin,” said Minju, greeting her casually but with a nice tone. “Long time no talk, do you want to eat lunch together with us?”

What is this?

“Oh, by the way, this is Chaewon,” Minju was talking about her friend, right beside her. “And Chaewon, this is Yujin.”

“Hello!” said Chaewon reached out her hand, and Yujin grabbed Chaewon’s hand in confusion. “We’ve met before, haven’t we? Pudding girl.”

“Pfft,” Wonyoung held back her laughter, and then whispered to herself, “Pudding girl…”

Minju smiled, “So, what’s your answer, Yujin? You can join us too, um…”

“Wonyoung,” said Wonyoung. “I’m her best friend, Jang Wonyoung. Nice to meet you, Kim Minju-sunbaenim.”

“Call her Minju and call me Chaewon! Don’t be too polite or we cannot tease you later,” said Chaewon, and then she winked.

“Yujin! Let’s go,” said Wonyoung while looking at Yujin. “You haven’t eaten anything since morning, right?”

“I guess you don’t have any excuse now,” said Minju, giggled. “Cafeteria or rooftop?”

 

***

 

“Boring Yujin!” said Wonyoung, grumbling. “Why did you choose the cafeteria?”

“Shut up, Won. Rooftop is packed at lunch break, you need to skip class if you want to go to the rooftop,” said Yujin while carrying a tray of food she just bought with Wonyoung. Minju and Chaewon were waiting in their seats, they had brought their own lunch.

Yujin exhaled a long breath. Wonyoung saw it, and she knew that Yujin was embarrassed as hell. Even though Minju was not bringing that at all, her pride was hurt. Yeah, even Wonyoung, who has been friends with Yujin for a long time, could only remember the time that Yujin cried was only at her dad's funeral. She was a strong girl to be exact, and that coincidence with Minju on Cheongdam Bridge was crazy.

Wonyoung elbowed Yujin softly, “Hey, it’s okay. It’s normal, and Minju is kind. Don’t worry too much.”
“You’re right. But, I’m not only thinking about that. I want to know too, why my power is useless towards her. It’s like she doesn’t have memory at all.”

“We can ask her. I’ll guide them about that. Just you wait.”

They arrived at the table where Minju and Chaewon sat. Yujin had Kimbap and Wonyoung had Tonkatsu. Minju and Chaewon opened up their lunch, it looked so good and Yujin had no appetite to eat her Kimbap.

“So, how did you guys meet Minju?” Chaewon asked, doing an ice breaker, “She was so silent and shy, I never thought she could have a friend besides me, instead now she’s friends with her junior.”

“Wait, since when were we fr-”

Wonyoung slapped Yujin’s mouth with Kimbap before she finished her words, “Hahaha… we met at the library, right, Yujin?”

Yujin nodded, hurt.

“Yeah, you won’t believe it Chaewon, they were falling in front of me at the library. Luckily I caught Yujin before she fell down on the floor.”

“Oh?” said Chaewon, a bit confused. “It’s unexpected, haha?”

Wonyoung elbowed Yujin softly in secret, telling her that she would bring the topic now, “How about you guys? I believe Minju’s uniform is not from our school, right?”

Minju nodded, “Yeah, I was transferred to this school, but it has been 3 months since then.”

“Oh, may I know where your school was before?” asked Wonyoung again. Too aggressive apparently.

Minju and Chaewon silence for a couple of seconds, before Minju suddenly replied with a soft and sad voice, “I don’t really know, Wonyoung. I’m sorry.”

“What do you mean?” Yujin knew something about Minju was weird, but it was too hastily.

“I don’t remember anything other than 6 months ago.”

“This is kinda sad, I don’t want you guys to feel uncomfortable at our first conversation, can we talk about the other things?” said Chaewon.

“Oh, yeah. I’m so sorry to ask about this,” said Wonyoung, bowing her head.

“No, it’s okay,” said Minju. “I will tell you guys later, it’s not a secret at all.”

Because she doesn’t have memories, so that’s why I cannot see it too.

Yujin looked at Wonyoung, and Wonyoung seemed understood too. So, there’s a limit on Yujin’s power and Yujin’s suspicion that Minju wasn’t a human was wrong. It’s nice to relieve that big curiosity.

After a bit of talk after that, the bell was ringing. Yujin asked Minju and Chaewon if they wanted to go to her shop again to talk more or just hangout at Yujin's store since Yujin needed to work.

They agreed, and two more of her friends would join as well-Hyewon and Sakura. They had a fun night, especially Yujin. It was her first fun night with others besides Wonyoung and her mom in decades. And it repeated almost every week for a month.

 

***

 

Today is Saturday.

Yujin’s store was packed with many customers. Even the rich girl, Wonyoung helped her to do the serving, she would be paid of course. Even though Wonyoung didn’t need the money, she often did that on weekends, her father gave her permission too. He said it was good for her to learn how to work from zero.

“Order number fourteen please,” shouted Yujin towards the kitchen.

“Yujin, table number two wants some water,” said Wonyoung while she was bringing the customer’s food.

“Oh okay, coming,” Yujin replied while she took the tray and a glass. “Won! How many people?”

“Only one,” said Wonyoung. “Put some ice too!”

Yujin granted the customer request. She put some ice and a glass full of water. Then while she waited for order number 14, Yujin delivered the water. And when it was like 2 steps away from the customer, Yujin saw who that person was. Nope, it wasn’t Minju, it’s Chaewon.

“Oh, hi Chaewon! Did you come alone?” asked Yujin kindly. “What is your order again? I'mma ask the chef to make yours first.”

“Hahaha,” Chaewon laughed. “No, it’s okay. I just felt suffocated at home, so I came here.”

“Oh, is that so? Well just enjoy it here, I will come here when there are not too many customers.”

Chaewon nodded and Yujin smiled brightly before leaving her. Chaewon grabbed the glass full of water and ice cubes from Yujin. She drank it a bit. Her smile suddenly disappeared. Her eyes looked at Yujin fiercely.

It has been almost two hours since Yujin left Chaewon alone. Currently, Yujin and Wonyoung were given a break since the rush hour of lunch is over. Wonyoung took three ice creams from an ice cream fridge-all of them were Mintchoco ice cream-and then they sat there and talked.

“So,” said Yujin as she unwrapped her ice cream from Wonyoung. “Do you have any plans this evening? I’m thinking about hanging out together until night.”

“I don’t have any plans,” replied Chaewon. “But, I have something to tell you, Yujin.”
Chaewon looked at Wonyoung. Wonyoung understood it in a sec and left them to the kitchen, where Yujin’s mom was. Of course, Wonyoung was a bit annoyed, but thanks to mint choco ice cream, it made Wonyoung a little bit better.

“Yujin…” called Chaewon with some hesitation.

Yujin didn't really pay too much attention and the ice cream. She furrowed her eyebrows as she felt the taste of it. Is this an ice cream with toothpaste flavor or what?

“... I like Minju.”

Yujin was shocked. It caught her off guard, she almost choked with toothpaste flavored ice cream, “What?”

“Actually, I like Minju,” said Chaewon again, she looked into Yujin's eyes. “I really like her.”

Something weird happened and Yujin knew it. Her heart was torn apart, and she didn’t know why. “You like Minju? Haha? C-congrats?”
“Yeah...” said Chaewon. “Please don’t take her away from me. I’m begging you, Yujin.”
“What? Me? W-why would I take her away from you?” said Yujin, a bit stuttered. “We are not that clo-”

“I know you like her. I’m sorry, Yujin.”

“I don’t like her, she’s just my friend, same as you Chaewon, what are you talking about?”

“Then, why do you look startled and stuttered?”

At that time, Yujin couldn’t say anything. Her mind went blank, her heart raced, her hand was shaking, and her face became pale.

 

***

 

That night Yujin and Wonyoung were sitting in front of Yujin’s store. After the store closed, they talked a bit about what happened today while waiting for Paul to pick up Wonyoung. The moon shone bright and they could see some stars too. Not too many, but it was just enough to tell them that night is not cloudy.

“Hey Wonyoung, what do you feel when one of your friends says she likes your crush?”

Wonyoung looked at Yujin weirdly, “What the happened to your head? We don’t have friends, remember?”

“We have Minju, Chaewon, Sakura, and Hyewon, don’t you think they’re our friends now?”
“I guess?” Wonyoung shrugged, “So... Chaewon likes Minju?”
“Yes,” Yujin replied without thinking. “Wait what?! How do you know!”

“It was too easy to read your face. Anyway, are you aware that I like her too?” said Wonyoung without looking at Yujin. “So, what do you want to do now?”

“I’m sorry Won…”
“No need to be sorry, she’s pretty and kind, no one could resist her, you know?”
“But, you’re the one who likes her first. I feel like... I’m betraying you right now.”
“Yeah, I like her, but you know, I don't want her to be my lover. She’s pretty and I was just curious, that’s all,” Wonyoung looked at Yujin's eyes. “Now, I'm asking you once again, what do you want to do?”
Yujin confused, “I don’t know… I mean, I feel lucky that they’re all nice and fun to hang out with. I don’t want to ruin our friendship with some stupid love and it’s not guaranteed that Minju likes me back.”

“So, you’re indirectly saying I am a boring friend?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter