Starlight

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S2: Swan's Secret Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Angst, Fluff

Summary: She lightens up your day.

                   She lightens up your life.

                   Will she also lighten up your future?

Word Count: 5305

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS2_Starlight

 

Starlight

 

"Yujin-ah, you better be prepared! They are on their way here!" You heard your mom call you. 

 

These words make your heart jump out of your chest. This is a special day 'cause you will meet her. You are already prepared. You are wearing your white button up shirt and skinny jeans that both you and her like. You are also wearing your favorite pair of shoes that is already worn out due to its old age. You're even wearing light make-up which you never do on a daily basis. 

 

To suppress the mixed emotions you're feeling in your chest, you paced around your room. Sitting to your bed, looking at your appearance in the mirror, or just staring out of nowhere thinking what will happen today. You just stayed in your room while waiting. You don't want your parents to see these different emotions you are feeling because you know that they can read you like an open book.

 

Then suddenly you hear the doorbell ring, and the shuffling of feet of what you think is your mom to open the door. The place you're staying was a 2 bedroom condo unit. One room for your parents and the other is for you. You have no siblings so you have no one to share the room with. Your room is adjacent to the living room. The reason why you can hear the noises in the living room. 

 

There was a short murmur of voices talking shortly after the door of your condo was opened. That's when you decide to get out of your room. You want to run but you composed yourself because you don't want to embarrass yourself in front of your and her parents. You slowly walked to the living room only to be stopped when you see her.

 

There she was, wearing a white long-sleeved floral dress that goes until her knee. Her lips have a shade of pink and a tint of red in her cheeks. A straw hat that matches her dress on her head and flip flops on her feet. You don't care what other people say but, for you, she is the most beautiful lady you have ever seen. Her beauty never fails to leave you speechless.

 

"Hi, Yujin-ah" you heard her call you. Her voice music to your ear. You went near her without saying a word and hugged her. Hug her really like there is no tomorrow. 

 

"Hello there, angel. You're looking beautiful as always." You told her while pulling yourself away from the hug when you became satisfied. Staring at her face at an arm's length. Grinning from ear to ear. 

 

"Ow, you're teasing me again, you pup. Don't smile like that. You know I'm weak for that smile." She told you with a large smile, matching yours. 

 

"You're just whipped." You said, laughing out loud. She joined you 'cause both of you know that you're whipped for each other. 

 

After laughing, you stared at her again, you can't help it. You really love staring at her face and her eyes. Her eyes, where you feel like you're falling deeper and deeper as you stare at these dark brown orbs. You feel like you can see the whole universe while staring at those orbs. A universe that keeps on attracting you nearer and nearer to it. Until you heard a cough. These surprised you both causing you to pull away from her, stumbling and wiggling your arms trying to maintain your balance until you fall on the floor. You heard her giggle at you but saw her red cheeks, a sign that she was also embarrassed.  

 

You turned your head, frowning to the person who dared to interrupt your sweet moment with her. There you noticed your parents and hers. Your mom and dad are smiling while her mom is clinging to her father, who has his hand on his mouth. 'Ah, so it's uncle who interrupts', you said inside your head, your frown disappearing with a shy smile creeping up your face. You also can't help but scratch the back of your head because of the embarrassment.

 

"As much as we want to watch you two lovebirds exchange sweet words and be lovey dovey there, we have to interrupt you. We want to remind you that you have to go. Chop! Chop! You have a schedule to follow, you can't be late!" Your father told you which caused a series of laughter from all of you. 

 

You stand up to prepare to leave. She went to the door first leaving you at the living room staring at the eyes of the most important people in your lives one by one. Your parents just give you a nod as well as her mother. You noticed her father walking to you. He gave you a pat on your shoulder saying, “Take good care of her today, okay? I’m entrusting her safety to you.” 

 

“Come on, Uncle. What do you think I am, a kid? I’m an adult now, I can take care of her.” You jokingly said to try to lift up the atmosphere. But when you looked at his eyes, you saw that he is serious. You put on your bravest face and tell him, “Don’t worry, sir. Her safety is the most important thing to me. You can rest assured that I will take good care of her.” 

 

“Good. We'll stay here and wait until you come back. Call us when something bad happens, alright?” He said. “Noted that, sir”, you said while saluting him. He laughs at your antics. You love it when you make her parents smile, especially her dad. It gives you the feeling that you have accomplished something great. 

 

“Yujin! What’s taking you so long?! Let’s go! We can’t be late!” You heard her call you from the door. “I’m just talking to your dad, Min. I’ll be there in a minute.” You replied back to her before turning to her father. “So, that’s me. I need to go there before she becomes anxious and goes back here. See you. We’ll be back later.” You said as you walked to her. 

 

As you went near her, you can see a slight frown on her pretty face, a sign of her annoyance for making her wait for you for too long. She was that type of person, doesn't want to make people wait and doesn't want to be late. An opposite of you which takes time to do everything even if you know you're already running late.

 

Maybe that's why you got attracted to her. You're polar opposites. She likes to take her time deciding on everything with choices while you're impulsive. She's calm while you're a hyper kid (yes, you know and won't deny you are one). There are other things that the two of you differ but  those must be the reason why you two stick together. Why you cannot leave her side even though circumstances and events have tried to separate you both. It is because you complete each other.

 

Her frown disappeared when she saw you walking towards her. It was replaced by her smile. Her smile that reaches her eyes. Her smile that you loved and haunted your dreams. And with that, you promised to yourself that you will do anything to protect that smile. 

 

You two went on your way, with you walking behind her. You love to walk behind her. The smell of vanilla fills your lungs. 

 

You can remember the previous times that you went on a date like this. You're running everywhere, joking about something to her, man, you even blow raspberry and mock her (in a joking manner). She tried to stop you but just gave up and laughed at your antics. But when you get tired, you will just follow behind her, sweet vanilla filling your lungs while walking and feeling the peaceful and calm manner between you two. You did that until she grabs your hand, pulls you near her and you two walk home holding each others' hands. 

 

You continued to walk until you reached the elevator. Inside there she held your hand and snuggled close to you. You won't argue because you loved it when she does that. It makes you feel that she really loved you, no more words needed to say. Just that simple gesture is enough. 

 

When you reached the ground floor, she moved far away from you. You felt the slight emptiness but followed behind her. You walked to your car and helped her enter it, fixed your belongings in the back of the car and went to the driver seat. As you entered the car, she was already wearing her seatbelt and looking at you. “What?”, you said, trying to sound annoyed, hiding the blush in your cheeks. She just smiled at you, shaked her no like saying its nothing and looked outside the car. You settled yourself in your seat and started to drive to the first place you were heading. 

 

The car ride was quiet, with her sleeping and music playing in the background. When you reached your destination, you woke her up before going out of the car. You fetch your belongings at the back of the car, and help her go out. From where you parked, you can see people walking, some wearing jerseys and some holding a cheering thing of sort. You were at a stadium. Your best friend, a certain duck disguised as a human named Choi Yena, will be having her championship game here. She is a famous volleyball player, the star player of her team. Her fiance, Jo Yuri, a famous singer-songwriter and Minju are also best friends. You went here to support Yena in this important game. 

 

You entered the stadium and proceeded to the seat number stated in the tickets that you bought. You were seated at the front near the bench of the players. You saw Yena warming up for the game and when she saw you she just waved and returned to the warm-ups. When you turned your head to Minju, she was talking to someone in front of her and noticed that it was Yuri. You just let the two of them talk and took pictures of Yena. After several minutes of warming up, the game started.

 

The game was intense. Yena’s team took over the first two sets but it seems that the other team upped their game and took over the next two sets which brought them to the 5th set. The scores in the last set were tight, it was a push-and-pull game. They reached a score of 19-20 in favor of Yena’s team. At the last second, the other team had a miscommunication and Yena’s team received a chance ball. When the setter tossed the ball, Yena jumped, ahead of the blocker’s from the other team and scored the last point. The whole arena erupts with mixed reactions, disappointment from the other team and happiness for Yena’s team. You saw Minju holding hands with a jumping Yuri, laughing with tears of joy in their eyes. 

 

You all got surprised when someone jumped at Yuri. It was Yena, she hugged her saying, “We won, we literally won!” You noticed that she also has tears in her eyes. It made you so proud, she was happy with her love and now she won her dream championship. She also hugged you and you whispered, “I’m so proud of you. Now, go and celebrate with your team. You all deserve it. Congratulations.” She smiled at you and said, “Wait for me, I have something to talk to you about. Let’s eat together in our house. Don’t worry, the team talked about this earlier. Win or loss, we will have a celebration, not today though. It’s planned for another day. Take care of Yuri for me while I change.” She runs to her team, winking to Yuri before leaving.

 

You exited the stadium with the two, they are chattering, trying to catch up. You just let them talk, again walking behind the two of them. The three of you stopped near the entrance to wait for Yena. You were watching her talk to her best friend, You really like her occasional giggle when she thinks what Yuri said is funny and her high-pitched voice because of the tension of the game. 

 

“You were really whipped. Very, very whipped.”, someone whispered directly to your ear which startled you. Yena laughed out loud when she saw your reaction. “You know, I can see from afar how whipped you are. You haven’t kept your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter