My Duo

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S2: Swan's Secret Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Comedy, Fluff, Romance

Summary: Kim Minjoo, a small youtuber who found her old gaming console, decided to record a video of her trying out her console in hopes of finding her old duo partner

Word Count: 4710

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS2_MyDuo

 

My Duo

 

Gather up everyone, I'm about to tell the story about how a girl who became an outcast, loner and a victim of bullying.



 

Just kidding, this beautiful girl is named Kim Minjoo, a girl with good grades, loving parents, good friends and is also a small youtuber with over 100,000. This is the story about Kim Minjoo and her old duo partner.

 

"What should I do, I don't have any idea for today's video." while eating carbonara Minjoo and scrolling through her recent video's comment section to look for ideas.

 

"Draw my life? But I don't want them to know how good my drawing is." Only thing Minjoo could do was laugh knowing that she's just lying to herself.

 

"Room tour vid? That's actually a pretty good idea, I'll just clean my room first before recording, can't risk exposing myself being lazy."

 

Minjoo went downstairs and took every essential cleaning materials. After struggling to bring the materials upstairs, Minjoo decided to clean her bed first.

 

"Oh what is that box for?" While cleaning she saw a huge dusty box under her bed. After pulling out and cleaning the dusty huge box she decided to open it.

 

"It's my old gaming console!" Happiness is clearly visible in Minjoo's face. She remembered the nostalgia brought by her old gaming console, it was her childhood happiness, the only thing she's looking forward to after going to school.

 

"It looks exactly like how it looks like before! I should probably record this."

 

"Hello everyone it's your favorite frog Kim Minjoo with another new video"

 

"I was cleaning my room earlier and found a huge dusty box under my bed."

 

"It's my old gaming console! The games are still here and still in a good condition. The console itself is still really clean."

 

"We're gonna try and see if this bad boy still works. But before that I'm gonna tell everyone about my favorite duo partner."

 

"We first met in a fps game. She was in the enemy team and she was realy good and nice, I too am actually good at fps. After the match she messaged and added me, ever since that game we would play everyday." Smiling while reminiscing about the past. Minjoo couldn't stop remembering about the fun times she had with her favorite duo partner.

 

"We got so close to the point that we always talk about our problems and give advices to each other."

 

"Too bad I wasn't able to get her contact number or any of her social media accounts. I think her name is Yujin? Wait I think it's Yujin? Oh it's actually Yujin... I think, am I a bad friend for forgetting her name?"

 

"I can't even remember her username, anyways we're gonna try open this console and hope it's gonna work." After clicking the power button, the gaming console started to boot up. After a while the console showed it's home screen indicating it's still in a good combination.

 

"It worked! I should check the friend list and check her username, maybe we can find her using her username" Minjoo opened her friend list and fortunately her duo's user is still in it.

 

"Her username is Dog, Doggo what? I can't read her username. Where are my glasses?" Not being able to find her glasses Minjoo decided to go closer the tv screen and knocking her cup of water in the process.

 

"Oops" Minjoo quickly fixed her cup of water not knowing damage her water has done.

 

"Sorry guys I accidentally hit my cup of water, anyways her username is." Excitedly looking at her tv screen, Minjoo quickly looked up to see a blank screen. That was the moment she knew the damage done by her cup of water.

 

"Everyone I think I killed my console." Minjoo went on and click the power button but to no avail nothing happened.

 

Minjoo turned around and looked straightly at the camera with a blank face.

 

"That's it for the video everyone, until the next one." Minjoo stood up and went to her camera to stop recording.

 

"Please show the username clearly in the video michael the camera." Checking the footage, Minjoo fast forwarded the video until the part where she opens her friend list.

 

"The letters are too small... I'm just gonna edit the video and upload it ,then cry in corner." Dropping a tear from her left eye, the girl started to edit the video and titled her video "Help". After uploading her video, she went on and lie on her bed.

 

"I'm a good person and yet this happened to me, all I wanted to do was know her username hoping to find her and show my gratitude to her." Showing a face like a disappointed and almost crying pepe the frog.

 

"I'll just go to sleep and pretend nothing happened today."

 

Morning came and Minjoo started to cook her favorite breakfast, grilled cheese, while preparing her breakfast someone loudly knocked at her door multiple times.

 

"Wait a minute" The girl went on to open the door. Behind the door is a beautiful japanese girl with short black hair holding a phone with the screen pointed at Minjoo.

 

"You're famous and viral! Congratulations my dear friend Minjoo!" Since you're now famous let me at the breakfast you're preparing." The japanese girl hugged a dumbfounded and blank Minjoo genuinely happy for her friend.

 

"What"

 

"What do you mean unnie?"

 

"Are you blind? It's right here in the screen! You now have 1 million subscribers and your latest video reach over 10 million views! Everyone even made memes of you!" Sakura showed Minjoo a photo of her blank face after killing her game console.

 

"Yeah I know it's too much to take in let's eat calm down first and eat breakfast. I'll cook the grilled cheese for you." Sakura pulled a not responding Minjoo to the diner table, is she still alive?

 

"Wait so I have 1 million subscribers now, my recent video has 10 million views and now people are starting to make memes of me?" After a while which seems like eternity, Minjoo finally realized that she is indeed now famous.

 

"Oh my god I'm famous! Sakura unnie I'm famous! Oh my god I even became a meme! My goal is finally achieved!" Minjoo jumped out from her seat surprising her unnie.

 

"Yes you're famous!"

 

"I am famous!"

 

"Yes! My dongsaeng finally did it"

 

"My hard work finally paid off. Thank you for the support unnie" Minjoo hugged her Sakura unnie tightly

 

"Congratulations again Minjoo, hope all the best for you"

 

"Hey unnie can you smell that? That burnt smell?"

 

"Yeah I can smell that. Where is it coming from anyways?"



 

"Good morning Cypher" As a result of her dog waking her up, Yujin stood up and quickly fixes her bed. After taking her uniform from her closet, Yujin went down to eat a quick breakfast before going to work.

 

Oh wait I haven't introduced her properly yet right? Her name is Ahn Yujin, she is currently working as a barista at their local coffee shop near her apartment and a streamer 2ith an average viewer of 1,000+. Aspiring to become a professional e-sports player, Yujin decided to work as a barista during weekdays and stream during weekends in hopes of getting casted by professional teams.

 

"Cypher as usual you guard the house while I'm working ok? Don't worry I already set your food machine. Goodbye Cypher!" Fixing her uniform Yujin then went out of her apartment. After walking for 10 minutes, Yujin finally arrived at their coffee shop.

 

"Good morning Yujinnie, can you go and help Chaewon check and prepare everything in the kitchen?"

 

"Good morning Eunbi unnie, sure no problem!" While her manager Eunbi is preparing the tables, Yujin went to the kitchen to help her Chaewon unnie.

 

"Good morning Chaewon unnie! let me help you prepare."

 

"Good morning Yujinnie, nice timing, can you take care of the beans and everything else related to coffee? I'll take care of everything for our food." Yujin quickly went and prepared everything.

 

"Don't worry unnie I'll take care pf this" Once they're done preparing everything, their manager Eunbi opened their shop just as their favorite regular customers entered.

 

"Good morning Kkura unnnie, Minjoo unnie wait are you crying" Chuckling after seeing her favorite customer, Yujin gave Minjoo a tissue.

 

"Is everything okay?"

 

"Sakura unnie burned my grilled cheese, it would be fine if I have more cheese left."

 

"I'm sorry, was too happy at your achievement forgot I was cooking your grilled cheese. Stop crying I'll treat you anyways as a celebration of having 1 million subscribers"

 

"What? Minjoo unnie have 1 million subscribers now? Congratulations unnie! Eunbi unnie, Chaewon unnie did you hear that? Minjoo unnie has 1 million subscribers!"

 

"Wait seriously? Didn't you have like 100,000 subscribers last week ago" Eunbi and the other two took their phone out and checked Minjoo's channel, to their surprise Minjoo indeed have over 1 million subscribers.

 

"This calls for a celebration! Ahn Yujin make them our special beverage, Kim Chaewon cook them our special waffle and special sundae."

 

"Coming right up" The two shouted at the same time.

 

Eunbi took the tv remote from the cashier, the manager then opened the tv and connected her cellphone.

 

"Unnie here's the payment for everything" Minjoo was about to take out her wallet when Eunbi suddenly stopped her.

 

"Shush shush, no need to pay it's on the house. You finally achieved your goal, congratulations!" Minjoo received a warm hug from her Eunbi unnie, tears started to form from Minjoo's eyes.

 

"Did the author forgot about me... Oh it's my turn to talk finally. Minjoo stop crying you look like a frog right now." Sakura jokingly said while tapping the girl. After a while the girl stopped crying tears of joy and finally the food and drink arrived.

 

"Here's your special waffle" Chaewon gave Minjoo and Sakura a three layer chocolate covered strawberry waffle with whipped cream covered and two pieces of strawberry.

 

"And here's your special frappe" The tall girl served them a chocolate covered frappe with two chocolate bars and 2 oreos on top of the whipped cream covered with sprinkles.

 

"Let's watch the video which made Minjoo famous shall we" Eunbi searched up Minjoo's youtube channel and played the video.

 

Luckily they didn't have other customers that time besides the two. They we're all amazed when they saw the game console Minjoo owned especially Ahn Yujin.

 

After a while they got to the part where Minjoo spilled her water at her gaming console, they all laughed loudly at Minjoo's reaction with Sakura holding her stomach while crying because of laughter, and Ahn Yujin hitting the table laughing too much.

 

Even after watching the video everyone in the shop were still laughing except Minjoo who was blushing and hiding her face due to embarassment. After a while the laughter finally subdued.

 

"Now I can see why you got 1 million subscribers. That video was way too funny Minjoo" Chaewon told the girl while wiling her tears.

 

"Too bad the screen was too far from the camera we weren't able to see your friend's username." Eunbi sighed while wiping the table.

 

"I know unnie. I'm trying to find a place where I can get my console fixed. Do you guys know someone?" Minjoo asked as if all hope is lost. But then a shining light appeared in front of her that will solve her problems.

 

"Minjoo unnie I know someone who can fix your console. I also have the same console before and whenever it malfunctions I go to the same person." Minjoo then held Yujin's hand looking straightly at her eyes, Yujin wasn't able to help but blush.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter