I Choose You

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S2: Swan's Secret Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Romance, Light-hearted

Summary: Some people may see it as a tough journey, but I loved every single moment I chose to be with her. And I'll never get tired of doing so.

I choose her.

Word Count: 4472

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS2_IChooseYou

 

I Choose You
 

August 11, 2033 9:02 am

 

Mornings aren't always my thing but smelling good food when you're in bed is a different story. Now, I know it's not that early, but you get my point. 

Sigh. I suddenly remember the times she used to cook for me too. Do you think she still remembers?

I decided to get up before I get swallowed up by sadness. There’s no time for it as my stomach made a sound at the smell of eggs and bacon so.. I get up, do a bit of stretching just as how she taught me and went out of the room.

---

“Kim Minju! Breakfast!”

Chaewon unnie's voice filled the whole house. Ahh! she can be so loud sometimes. I found her in the living room. Cleaning up our mess from last night’s very late movie marathon.

I passed by while sticking my tongue out to her and went to the kitchen, greeting Hiichan who's almost done setting up the table.

“Hiichaaan~” I leaned my head on her shoulders, showing affection as a thank you for the meal. I hope she's eating well.

“Good morning to you too, Minju!” Hitomi said as she leaned back.

If you’re wondering why they're here. Well we were out drinking the other night at Yuri and Yena unnie's engagement party. These 2 love birds decided to crash in my apartment since they live 3 hours away from the venue. It's not that we were wasted or something. They said they felt the need to loosen up and catch up and watch some movies.

After cleaning the table I head back to my room to take a shower as they volunteered to wash the dishes. 

---

“KIM MINJU! WE'RE GOING HOME!”

I didn't even have time to answer as I heard the door closing. 

“Eh? They didn't even let me see them off… weird.”

I took my phone as I lied down on the bed and opened kkt. 

‘I miss you. Happy anniversary, Yuddings~ .’ 

Sent. But just like the rest of my messages.. they are left unread.

I let out a long heavy sigh. Planning on staying on bed for the rest of the day I went out of the room to make sure all lights are off and doors are locked.

As I passed by the living room to check on the door, I noticed that the tv was on. I can get paranoid sometimes but only because I've watched a lot of horror movies, so I slowly peeked and froze biting my lip.

On the screen was a paused video of a smiling Yujin. I immediately sat down and looked for the control. Pressed play with shaky hands as soon as I found it. 

“Hey, Angel!”

Her voice filled the whole room and my eyes suddenly stings. Damn, do I miss her.

She waved her hand excitedly with that big smile on her face, I couldn’t help but mirror the smile.

“I can't believe it's been 10 years since you've accepted my dearest love for you. I never would have thought I'd live a tremendous life with the great Minju unnie by my side.” 

It definitely still feels surreal. Oh, how time flies by so fast.

“To celebrate this lovely milestone we've reached...” she playfully smirks; putting her dimples on display.

“Meet me somewhere we used to spend our time.”  Tears build up as my mind begins to take a trip down the memory lane. 

We frequently visit a lot of places around town but usually the ones near the camp as Yujin's parents owned both the camp and the surrounding land, and I together with some of our friends do volunteer work there too.

You know, if the rumored fairies by the lake were real, they would have witnessed how our love story unfold.


 

---

August 11, 2023 6:32 pm

From when she first confessed.

 

I remember hearing a splash and groan just as I turned around flustered by her confession, so I looked back and found her pouting while she was soaked.

“Unnie… Am I being rejected?”  she is looking at me with sad eyes. 

“N-no!” surprised by my own response I slapped my mouth shut.

“Then… is this a yes?”

There was a playful yet hopeful look on her face.

I stayed silent unable to meet her eyes.

“Okay!” With a smirk on her face she said, “If I'm not rejected then hold my hand.” 

I stared at her outstretched hand for a while before helping her up and embarrassingly running back to the camp leaving her by the shore.

It was a scene to behold. My friends couldn't stop making fun of me for being awkward. We've all been friends for a long time, so our relationship is kind of new for everyone, but they were the best guide and support.

We were inseparable since.

---

April 25, 2024 7:43 pm

Our first cute little argument

It was a lovely spring night and a party was held in the camp as a new wing was opened.

Yujin was busy talking to Mama Ahn's guests so I head to the porch to get some air. I was trying to finish my drink when a guy came. He headed to other side though.

Despite her young age she keeps up with her parents in handling their business. Although she's goofy and very child-like she has good sense of responsibility.

I leaned back at the railings as I admirably looked at her. She had been talking to this one lady, who is about my mom's age, while occasionally looking around. I let out a light giggle as I am aware that she's looking for me.

However, my giggle was cut short when I saw a girl in a pretty white dress approach her. My eyebrows arched in discomfort as she gets too close. It may not look like it but I get possessive at times. I only looked away, pouting. It hasn't been a year since we started dating so it's safe to say we are at our early possessive stage. It's nothing toxic though.

“It's a nice scenery out here. Isn't it?”

Took me a while to answer the guy as I thought he was talking to someone else. My mind is kinda preoccupied with jealousy and I am normally a bit of a slow person too.

He looked at me. 

“Oh! Uhh y-yeah. It is”

 I gave him an awkward smile.

He slowly walked to where I am and stopped about a meter away. 

“Are you good friends with the Ahn family?”

“I guess you could say that.”

He nods. 

“It's been a while since I've been back here. They did a good job keeping it in style.” 

“Yeah. They take really good care of both the camp and the lake. And they take care of the employees very well too.”

Our conversation continued and they're mostly centered on the camp. It turns out he was the son of the previous owner of the camp. He shared a bit of it's history before it became a hot destination.

We were laughing about how the camp's parrot, Jerry, still calls the long time caretaker 'Old man' when he's still in his early 30s when I felt arms around my waist. I yelped out of surprise almost dropping my glass.

“Minjuuu~” I could hear the tiredness in her voice.

I patted her hands. 

The guy excuses himself and while he walked away. I could see Yujin's stern glare at his retreating back.

“He's gonna melt, Yujin-ah!” I held back a laugh. She gave me a pout and asked what we were talking about and why we looked mushy and all. 

“We only talked about the camp and no, we did not look mushy.”

“Hmp!”

“It was you who had that cute girl all over you in there.”

“You mean Wonyoung? But she's my cousin.” She laughed while I look away embarrassed.

She tilted her head facing me. Holding back a laugh. 

“Yiiieee. I never thought I'd see your jealous face, angel. It keeps me happy knowing you’re into me as much as I'm into you.” 

We both laughed at our silliness while we held each other in our arms.

--- 

June 9, 2030 3:46 pm

A big sudden wave had hit our sailing ship 

It was a beautiful Sunday. The camp held a celebration for the arrival of the Summer season with a Sport-like festival. Of course, Yujin joined the lineup. Her asthma attacks had been more frequent lately, so I asked her to keep it easy, but it isn't the first time she had played with the complication and she never skipped any event even then. So, what was I supposed to say?

Every game she played were always anticipated by the crowd as she always lead her team to victory and that’s every single time for the last 5 years.

What we never expected to happen was seeing Yujin dropping flat to the ground in the middle of a Frisbee pass. 

Gasps were heard. Yena unnie who was in her team reached her first and gestured for the medics on standby. I worriedly ran to her side to after seeing unnie with a panic look.

Since I was needed back in the camp, Mama Ahn had assured to give me an update instead. 

I swear waiting for any news from Mama Ahn was torture for my sanity. I just can’t seem to erase Yujin's pale face and unconscious figure on the grass.

 

Mama ahn called me as promised but only told me that the doctors said it may be from the heat but further tests will be done.

I could only pray for good results.

---

 

Then the bitterness of our first break up

 

It was our usual date night but the atmosphere ain’t usual at all. Since the moment I arrived she hadn't really said anything, nor did she ever look at me directly. I noticed her being a bit distant the past few weeks after she was discharged. 

The gaze once full of life seemed to have been into a black void. The past days had been her pushing and pulling. One day she's clingy and another day it's not.

I asked her if there is something bothering her but she doesn't say anything.

 “Is there something you'd like to talk about?” I placed my hand on her shoulders and made her face me.

Her tears sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter