* 일곱

The Real Me

Me and the rest of my family follow Hakyeon after our long talk as Hakyeon shows us around at the festival. People bow once Hakyeon walks past them and Hakyeon smiles when he looks at them, before bowing back. Hakyeon wants me to get introduced to his father and I'm quite scared, because I am sure that the Lord will think differently about me than Hakyeon does.

''The four of you can enjoy the festival, while I take Taekwoon with me. My father would like to speak with Taekwoon himself.'' Hakyeon says and my dad nods, while the twins start to cry. Even Dahyun doesn't like it that I'm going to be separated from them, but she knows that I'm going to return to them real soon. I don't want them to worry, it won't affect me that much. I follow Hakyeon and I feel the eyes of the people burn on my back, but I don't care about that for now. I only care about what the Lord has to say, since it barely happens that the Lord wants to talk to people like me.

I start to feel extremely hungry, while I just had some food. But this time, I'm craving for something else... blood. I take a deep breath and I'm trying to keep myself under control, while I wonder why this is happening to me. I can sense that Hakyeon turns around and grabs my wrist.

''I think I can see what you are, but come with me. We have dealt with people like you before. Come on.'' Hakyeon says and the two of us run through the crowd as I cover my mouth with my other arm. I really am a monster, I don't know why my dad raised me to be a human being, because I am not human at all. People start to wonder who I really am, since I cover my mouth. Well, I lay my trust in Hakyeon's hands and I'll see what happens later on.

After a 5 minute run, we arrive at the palace and I don't feel exhausted. Which is weird, but I have had it before. So it might be that I'm indeed the monster I talk about. Am I exactly like the Raveners? All I know is that they are creatures who are on the hunt for human blood and they said that I'm their long lost jewel, so am I like them? I don't know, but I unfortunately think I am. Before the guards can ask Hakyeon something, he orders immediately to get some blood for me. He thinks that I am exactly like the Raveners, but I don't behave like them. So I might be different from them.

Hakyeon drags me with him inside and we make our way to the diningroom immediately. I have heard Hakyeon whisper already that he wants me to speak to the Lord once I have eaten something. Hakyeon pulls me to a chair and he removes his hand from my wrist so that I can take a seat. After I have taken a seat, Hakyeon takes a seat next to me and waits for someone to bring some food. It goes pretty quick, since I can barely keep up how long it took for the kitchen to bring out this stuff. It sounds nasty to drink blood, but I crave for it for some reason.

Hakyeon places a hand on my back and I feel myself change on the inside. I am going crazy and I can't keep myself under control when I see the content of the bowl. I start to drink from the bowl and I feel like I haven't eaten in Centuries. When I put down the bowl on the table, I have completely forgotten about how I thought about blood before. I have forgotten about the taste.

''I'm glad you finally have come to your senses. I believe that you're a vampire, but my dad is more skilled in recognising several species. Come on, let's go talk to him. He can't wait to see you.'' Hakyeon says and I nod, but I'm also in a big shock. I'm a vampire? Are the Raveners a vampire aswell? If so, I'm a monster. I am a monster for sure.

Hakyeon and I get up from our seats and we make our way to the room where the Lord might be at. I am scared about this meeting with him, but hopefully this meeting will turn out in my favor. Right when we arrive, the Lord gets up from his seat and makes his way to us. I bow first and it's the Lord who follows when I get up.

''Jung Taekwoon huh? Everyone between these walls knows about your existance and you're someone we should protect on all costs.'' the Lord says and takes a closer look at me, from my head to my toes and even at my face. I feel very uncomfortable with him looking at me like this, but I know that Hakyeon just told me. The only thing I can do, is to endure this.

''Ah, I can see why you're so special. You're a hybrid, you're not just a vampire. One of your parents must be human and your other parent is a vampire. There isn't an official name for your kind, but you are a hybrid. You are a vampire and a human in one, you have features from both races. Ah, I finally start to understand why you are considered to be special.'' the Lord says and I give him a simple nod, but I am a complete mess inside my head. I'm a hybrid? I'm a monster and a human at the same time? Is that why my dad kept me inside for all these years? He did know about this?

The Lord tells me and Hakyeon to take a seat and I follow his order by taking a seat at the floor. Hakyeon follows his dad and takes a seat next to the Lord. I got the answers to a few questions, but I still have many questions unanswered. For those questions, I will go search for the answers myself. I don't think that my dad will give me those answers, so I will go find them myself. I at least know who I am and why I am acting this weird, so that's good. I just don't know why the Raveners were after me and I have some other questions aswell.

''I am amazed by how well you were raised by your father, because you look a lot better than I could've imagine. It was the talk of the town when your dad showed you to the citizens. At that time, I was on my way home and I saw your father proudly holding you in his arms. During the years, I kind of lost track of you. I'm glad you aged well.'' the Lord speaks and my eyes slightly widen. The Lord knew about me? I always thought that he didn't care much about the citizens, I also thought the same about the king. I am curious what he thinks of me.

''We wanted to talk to you, so that we can comfort you a bit. We're pretty sure that you don't know much about your kind, we can totally understand your father's decision if he decided to keep it from you. You are the first ever hybrid in this small town, so I can imagine that everyone treats you differently. You have to train your vampire side, since you never have realised it before and you still act like a newborn vampire. We have some vampire hunters who can explain to you how a vampire acts and we also have some people here who can help you how to eat like a vampire and how to keep yourself under control.'' the Lord says and I nod. I'm thankful for the Lord helping me out, but I don't know if I can tell my dad about his. How will he react?