* 열 여덟

The Real Me

The Lord told me I should wait outside, since he doesn't want anyone to interrupt the conversation he has with Hakyeon. So I don't resist and I make my way outside, where Hakyeon's sister Miyeon is waiting for me. Since a few days, I know her name as I never bothered to ask her. Miyeon has shown that she does care about me and also tried to help out wherever she could, even if that meant when Hakyeon couldn't protect me.

''So my father is having a conversation with Hakyeon huh? What happened?'' Miyeon asks and I sigh when I look at her, while holding the amulet of my necklace in my hand. I wish I was normal, so that I didn't end up in here. But on the other hand, I wanna find out who my biological parents are and why they left me behind to be raised my someone else. I hope I'll get answers to that soon.

''Hakyeon is such a stubborn type, you know? I was feeling hungry and I tried to keep my hunger under control, but Hakyeon kept insisting I should drink from him and that he was okay with him suffering in pain. Hakyeon wasn't listening, not to me and not to your father.'' I quickly explain and Miyeon can't help but sigh immediately after I finish my sentence. Hakyeon is quite stubborn and he doesn't care about the rules, but sometimes it's better when he does follow the rules. After all, his duty is to protect me.

''Ugh, Hakyeon is so freaking stubborn. And yes, he loves to break rules. But after he fell in love with you, he started to give not a damn thing about the rules and he is willing to sacrifice anything. I don't blame it on you ofcourse, but Hakyeon has changed for sure.'' Miyeon responds and I sigh. Hakyeon does love to break the rules, but I don't want him to do that just because he loves me. I still don't know what I truly think about him being this close to me, but he doesn't need to break rules just because he is in love with someone.

Miyeon and I walk across the big square in front of the palace and some gisaengs greet us every now and then. I finally know how those women are called, but it remains weird. Gisaengs are like the maids, they need to serve us. But gisaengs are more to please the men with a high status, however they are kept away from me just because the Lord wants to protect me since I am from a lower class. I honestly would feel very uncomfortable with them around me, so I appreciate it. Yet the gisaengs remain to act friendly towards me, since they can't come near me too much. I wonder if the gisaengs know about my other side, but I hope that the Lord has kept that a secret from them.

''But how do you feel now, if we can talk about you for a second. Do you feel like you know yourself a bit better now?'' Miyeon asks as she looks at me wih big eyes. Miyeon is also a type that would protect me with her life and she has said that quite a lot of times, much to the annoyance of her mother. Miyeon is also quite sensitive and a bit shy, which explains why she isn't a big talker at times.

''I still feel like I can't trust myself, because I hate the fact that I am partially a vampire. I hate myself, I feel awful.... I feel so many bad things about myself. Even though we are one year ahead, I still can't trust myself actually.'' I answer to her question, knowing that she will comfort me in the end. Miyeon takes my hand in her and stops with walking, making me automatically do the same. I look at Miyeon and a faint smile appears on her face.

''You don't have to feel ashamed of yourself. I know that you don't like it to be partially a vampire, but what can you do? It's always inside you and you are a part of both the human and vampire race, no matter what the Raveners are trying to do. They can't train you to be a fullblood vampire, because you are partially a human and you always will doubt about certain situations.'' Miyeon says and tries to comfort me by telling me that the Raveners will never be able to turn me into a fullblood vampire. With that thought, it gives me a little bit of peace.

Right at that moment, a rope is thrown from behind us and it captures me. Miyeon screams as the rope gets tighter around me, while a mean laugh is coming from behind us. But I don't know where the laugh belongs to. I have never heard any of the Raveners laugh and the villain of our village has a certain laugh that definitely isn't this one.

''Finally, we have you. You come with us and don't ever think you'll see these low lives ever again.'' the voice from behind says, as a piece of cloth is wrapped around my eyes. I scream in fear and I can hear Miyeon being pushed away from me, she falls hard on the ground in the end. But before the unknown person drags me away, they apply something on my mouth that prevents me from using my mouth to scream for help. After that happened, someone throws me over their shoulder and they make a fast pace while leaving Miyeon behind in tears. The last thing I can hear, is that the Lord comes outside and curses by what he sees just now. I don't know where I am heading at, but I know that this is the end of my life. Hopefully I can prove to them that they can't turn me into a fullblood vampire, since I am partially a human aswell.

Fear is building up inside my body and I can't see where we are heading, but now I definitely know that I won't see my town anytime soon. Sangchul held me captive for 2 long weeks, so I think that these idiots will hold me captive for a longer time. I don't hope it'll be forever, but let's see if they can break the record of Sangchul. I don't wanna think about how Hakyeon will feel once he finds out that I'm taken away by some unknown creatures. I hope that these aren't the Raveners, since they only can show up at night and it's daytime.

''We can finally start to train him and turn him into a fullblood vampire, because he has lived a wrong life all this time. I'm sure that our boss will be happy to see his son back.'' one of them says and shivers run down my spine. What? How are the Raveners here at daytime? And who do they mean? Whose son am I? This only confirms even more that I am adopted, so I hope that I will meet this man anytime soon. I want to know from him who he is and why he let me suffer like this, because he made me live a life that I never wanted. I never wanted to be partially a vampire, I wanted to be normal so that I wouldn't be involved with the Cha's.