* 스물 둘

The Real Me

During our way home, I share with Lord Cha what Daejung has done and what he has shared with me. I also share him that Daejung is my dad and while I didn't want to believe that, he could prove to me that Daejung was indeed my dad. Lord Cha looks at me and his eyes widen, while surprise is replaced by disgust within just a few seconds.

''But why were you taken away then? That is something that I don't have an answer on.'' Lord Cha asks and take my hands in his, but by the way he holds my hand I can tell that he is more determined to protect me like a son than ever. I am glad that he is willing to sacrifice his life to save me, just like he did not that long ago. My eyes connect with him and I smile with a calm vibe to it.

''He claims that this was something the Raveners set up themselves due to misunderstanding what they heard him say. This guy had plans to reunite with me, but they misheard him. They misheard the part of me being partially a vampire. This guy, named Daejung, is their leader but Daejung never had given the permission to the vampires to bring me back and to kill innocent people in the village. He also was the one who left me behind among the humans, after I was left behind near a river. He already sensed that vampires were out there to kill me, so he left me behind with the humans.'' I explain to him and anger is boiling up inside Lord Cha, which I completely understand.

''So they basically killed innocent lives without the permission of their leader? It means that the Raveners are more dangerous than I thought. I definitely won't let you go home and I definitely consider to take in your adoptive family aswell to provide their safety aswell. You have been through a lot and I am sure that it'll ruin you if I let them kill your father or any of your siblings. I know that the attacks of the Raveners might slow down, but I don't think that they will stop until this man has you in his hands again. Oh well, I'm not scared of him. I am going to raise the amount of guards around you and I won't let you go outside on your own. You are one who needs to be protected.'' Lord Cha says and I nod, knowing what he means by that.

I actually am scared that Lord Cha won't survive this, since I know what Daejung is capable of. I know that Daejung will kill Lord Cha and let the Cha's pay for taking me away from him. For me, I know enough and I can close one chapter of the book already. But now I need to find my mother and it'll be a tough search to find her, since even Daejung has no idea of her whereabouts. And if I find my mother, I hope that I am able to leave it all behind me and to accept the fact that I am different. But can I accept that I am partially a vampire? Vampires are big monsters and I hate myself for partially being one, thanks to Daejung. If I wasn't a hybrid, my life would've been more peaceful and I still would've lived a normal life with dad and my siblings.

''But what is going to happen when we return?'' I ask and I look at Lord Cha. As much as I am relieved that he came to take me back, I am terrified that Daejung will come back and try to take me again. So I hope that he will raise the amount of guards around me and that he will make sure that guards are keeping an eye on me. I also want Hakyeon to sleep in the same room with me, since I don't trust it anymore to sleep alone. Lord Cha smiles faintly and assures me that it'll be fine.

''We're going to make sure that you're surrounded by guards all the time, just like I said earlier. We also need to take care of the security of your family, since the Raveners will come for them for sure. That man who claims to be your father will continue to come for your family unless you return to him. He claims that he didn't want to hold you in hostage, but I'm sure he definitely wanted to. Vampires like him are known to be psychopaths and they know how to manipulate. So we need to keep you away from him.'' Lord Cha says and I can tell that I feel quite restless about this. I know Lord Cha will make sure that I keep training and that I can take Daejung down one day, but I'm worried about my family.

I keep my mouth shut for the rest of the way back, because I am in no way the mood to talk. I need to take it in that I need to be surrounded by guards no matter where I go. I wish that my life wasn't like this, I hate it to be a monster and human at the same time. But I at least know who my biological father is and just like I predicted, he was a real monster. He really had the guts to tie me up against a chair to have a conversation with me and yet he claimed that it wasn't something serious, but to me it's a crime. The only answers I need for now, is where my mother is and why she abandoned me. Because only then, I am able to find closure and then I will decide for myself if I want to accept myself the way I am or not. But at some point, I have to. The worst thing of all is that I am immortal and that I will live forever, while the people around me will die one day.

''Taekwoon, don't be surprised when my children will come with full force at you. You've been away for a little while and they have missed you a lot. Aside from Hakyeon, they all were crying while wondering when you would return. So don't be surprised when they see you.'' Lord Cha says and I look at him with a faint smile. I feel relieved to know that there are people out there that care about me, aside from my dad and my siblings. I have never seen Daejung as my dad honestly, I have always seen my adoptive dad as my real dad. But it's good to know that Hakyeon will wait for me when I return. I hope that Hakyeon won't do that trick on me again, because I will drain him the next time it happens. Which is why I still need more training, because I'm still not strong enough to fight Daejung on my own.

''Alright, I'll be fine. And I hope that Hakyeon has learnt his lesson and that he won't do that again. I have told him that it would go wrong if I gave in and Hakyeon continued to insist.'' I tell Lord Cha, who smiles and places a hand on my shoulder. By the look in his eyes, I can tell that everything is under control and that I shouldn't worry about that. Oh well, I at least can return home and I'll be surrounded by the people who can keep me safe. Now I can only hope that Daejung won't send the vampires to town again, so that they can kill innocent lives again.