* 십칠

The Real Me

We're one year ahead and I've been able to give my mum's death a spot. I still don't have peace with the way my mother was killed, but I definitely am planning on taking revenge. Because I'm not letting them get away with this, I will never let them get away with the damage they have caused me and my family. Dahyun is still heartbroken about what happened, but I've assured her that I won't let this rest.

I still live with the Cha's, because it needs a lot of time to develop the skills that I need. But they have allowed my dad and my siblings to come more often and both me and my family really appreciate that, since last year has been a hard time without them. The good news is that the Raveners hasn't returned to my family's house ever since the Cha's took me in. I'm sure that they will return there as soon as the Cha's let me go.

I sit on the floor in the room where the Lord usually sits in his chair, because I feel too scared to go outside. Last night, the Raveners were back in town and they killed multiple people. Their goal: They want to find me and they want to take me with them. But we now know who is giving them an order to kill innocent people and rumor has it that he claims to be related to me. I am terrified when I heard about the rumors, because it shows that the Raveners haven't given up on getting their hands on me.

I get startled when I feel a pair of hands on my shoulders from behind. I look over my shoulder and I see Hakyeon behind me, who seems to have a bright smile on his face. However, something feels different about this smile. Either he is trying to seduce me or he is trying something else, but it's for sure that he has his eyes set on me. I turn around and Hakyeon lets go of my shoulders. Hakyeon continues to smile and takes my hand in his, at which I start to wonder what he is up to right now.

''Everytime I see you outside, I'm going crazy on the inside. I never have realised how hard I would fall in love with a guy until I met you. You are different from everyone else and I can't see you with anyone else on your side. I am in love with you, Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon says and I'm in a complete chaos. What? So I was true about his behaviour recently? Recently, he started to act possessive around me and didn't like it when a guy was around me. Hakyeon shrugged it off as if it was his duty to protect me, but I started to realise that there was something about his behaviour that didn't match with what he was saying.

Without any hesitation, Hakyeon crashes his lips on mine and wraps his arms around my neck as he lets go of my hand. I gasp, but I can't pull back. It's like Hakyeon has put a spell on me and that I can't break free. I close my eyes and I try to shut myself off from the world, so that I won't have to endure this any longer. I don't feel comfortable right now, I need time to figure out what this kiss actually means to me. But I also feel on the inside that I'm going insane now that the smell of Hakyeon's blood is entering my nose and I start to growl during the kiss. Hakyeon breaks the kiss and I can see the confidence in his eyes, before he pulls down the collar of his shirt after he lets go of me.

''Come on Taekwoon, just once. I can't run away to get something for you now, so you need to drink from me now. Don't worry, I've been through a lot of pain so I am used to the pain. Don't be shy.'' Hakyeon says and my red turned eyes look at him with confusion. But if I drink from him, I'll kill him... I don't want to do this, because I'm still not well-trained to stay in control. Hakyeon's free hand reaches out to me and grabs my shirt, before pulling me towards him. I try to resist, but Hakyeon isn't making it easy on me. I then lose control over myself and my fangs sink into Hakyeon's neck. I hold onto Hakyeon's shoulders and Hakyeon gasps just once, but I can hear him say to himself that he needs to hold on and that he is holding in for me. I feel bad honestly, that he is sacrificing himself for me.

Hakyeon wraps his arms around my waist and holds me close, but I can tell that he is losing his strength. I pull back when I feel like I've had enough and I look at Hakyeon, who smiles weak. I feel guilty honestly, but Hakyeon told me that it was okay and that he was used to pain. The worst part of it all is that I trusted him. I wrap my arms around his neck after letting go of his shoulders and I show my concern as my eyes return to their natural color.

''Why did you let me do this, Hakyeon? You know that I still can't control myself when I smell blood. Your father told you to be careful and yet you don't give a damn about it. Stop sacrificing yourself for others!'' I say in a soft tone. If I am going to show my anger here, people definitely will check to see what is going on. Hakyeon lets go of my waist real quick and places on of his hands on my cheek, while the faint smile remains on his face.

''Because I love you, Taekwoon. I'm willing to make those sacrifices for those that I love and you are one of those that I love. But you're a different case, because you are special and you are someone who is partially human. I never have expected myself to fall for someone like you and if I truly love someone like you, I am willing to make those sacrifices.'' Hakyeon says and I let go of him, before I turn my back to him and I ask Hakyeon to climb on my back. I want to carry him to his room, since he won't be able to walk on his own.

Hakyeon does as I've asked and I wrap my arms around his legs, before I get up and I leave the room. The Lord will be mad at Hakyeon, since Hakyeon put his own life on the line for me. I don't want people to sacrifice their lives for me, because they always end up getting killed. I've told Hakyeon so many times that I don't want him to do that, but he apparently doesn't listen to me or to anyone. As we make our way down the hall, the Lord comes from opposite direction and his eyes widen when he sees Hakyeon's current state.

''What has happened?'' the Lord seems very worried and he scans Hakyeon from head to toe. I sigh when I look at him, because I know that he will explode in anger. But why should I lie about it? Why should I lie why Hakyeon is like this? For some reason, I can't lie at all. Is it a vampire trait? Ugh, I still hate it to call myself a hybrid. I don't want to be one.

''Hakyeon kissed me and when I started to growl out of hunger, he told me to drink from him since he was okay with the pain it was coming with. I told him that I didn't want to do it, as I'm not fully in control of myself yet, but Hakyeon kept insisting.'' I explain and as I expected, the Lord's eyes fill with anger. I sigh as I look over my shoulder to Hakyeon, as it was kinda his fault.

''Bring Hakyeon to his room and leave him there, I need to have a serious chat with him. Apparently, someone has issues with accepting the rules as I have made them.'' the Lord answers and I nod, before passing him towards Hakyeon's room. I know Hakyeon quite well now and I know by now that he doesn't care much about the rules, he doesn't care to break them. Well, okay. But he needs to give me the time to get my vampire features under control.