* 열한

The Real Me

The Lord has made sure that we got something to eat and I'm glad, because I'm hungry as heck. I still can't take it that I can't eat human food alone anymore, I also have to drink blood to keep both sides in balance. I hate this so much, I wish I could live a normal life.

My dad and my siblings talk with the Lord and Hakyeon, while I eat in silent. My meal consists of my favorite rice meal and a bowl of blood. I hate it to eat like this in front of my family, because it's the first time that they see me drink this. Dahyun and the twins know about my change, so it won't be scary for them anymore. My dad must've known about me being a half blood, because he wasn't scared and he also didn't express anger. I wonder for how long he knows about this.

''How did the rest of your family react when you shared the news of my son being a halfblood? I can imagine that he was called a monster by them.'' my dad asks when he looks at the Lord. Hakyeon looks at his dad aswell, but looks at me immediately. It's like as if he can feel that I feel uncomfortable, the truth is that I feel uncomfortable when people want to care about me. 

''My wife said that we had to get rid off him, since she indeed called him a monster. My other children, on the other hand, were very much against that and told me that they were fine with him as long as he wasn't going to hurt anyone. I'm sure that if Taekwoon gets the right training, he will be able to keep himself under control and that he won't hurt anyone.'' the Lord says and I kinda feel relieved that the Lord is willing to accept me as a citizen of this town.

Once I finish my meal, I switch to the bowl of blood. I take a deep breath, but there is a bit of a deep growl coming through that. I start to drink immediately and the bowl is empty within seconds. I have ignored the presence of everyone else in the mean time, because I feel embarassed to be around them like this. I can't trust myself anymore, I actually haven't since Sangchul kidnapped me. I need to find all the answers that are able to put all of the puzzle pieces together. Gayoon crawls to me and she starts to sob once she has climbed upon my lap. I have closed my eyes at this time, because I don't want to scare little Gayoon. She hasn't seen my eyes properly and I don't want her to be scared of me.

Hakyeon gets up from his seat and makes his way to me, before he sits on his knees in front of me. His left hand is resting on my shoulder and our eyes meet. I can see some comfort in his eyes, but I want to keep my distance from him. He is the son of the Lord and every step he makes, will be watched by so many people. If we become friends, the citizens will have their opinion about this and the majority of them won't be that positive at all.

''Come on Taekwoon, you'll be fine. It may be a big shock to you, but you have to accept it one day. That's why you need to train here and that's why you have to believe us. We want the best for you and we want you to become stronger in case this might happen again.'' Hakyeon says and I can't help but nod. I appreciate this, but how can they secure me that the Raveners or Sangchul aren't going to take me with them again? I still have so many questions.

I hold Gayoon close in the mean time and I tell her that's it's okay, I won't leave. Hakyeon's eyes rest on Gayoon for a few seconds, because he looks at me again. He leans a bit forward and whispers in my ear that it's going to be fine, but I have to believe in myself and I need to start to go look for answers myself. Because no one knows anything else than the information that has been given to me already. But I don't know where to start, I have no leads that I can follow. Oh well, I'm sure that I'll find those leads anyway.

''But you're not going back home tonight, it's very certain that the Raveners or this vampire might come to your house and take you away again. That's a risk we're not going to take, especially when many more people will find out about who you truly are. People will treat you like a monster and they will loathe you, something we have to keep for ourselves for now. You, Taekwoon, stay here tonight.'' the Lord says and I look at him, while looking past Hakyeon. What? How in the world am I not allowed to go home? Hakyeon's hand leaves my shoulder, but I feel that same hand against my cheek and he turns my face into his direction.

''Taekwoon, that's all we can do for now. There are many bad people out there who want to kill you if they get to know about you being a half human. Trust us, that's all I ask from you.'' Hakyeon says as his voice starts to express a lot of worry. It's still a big chaos in my mind and I still can't accept that I am a monster, but I appreciate that the Lord wants to protect me. It kinda gives me motivation to start to look for answers who I truly am, who my parents are and many more.

I nod as I look at Hakyeon, who starts to smile. He leans forward again and tells me that it's going to be okay, I have to trust them and the rest will follow later. I hope that my dad will keep trusting me, I haven't heard him talk much. For now, he doesn't loathe me since he was clearly worried about me. Hakyeon pulls me in for a quick hug, before he gets up and makes his way back to his seat. Right when he wants to take a seat, the Lord speaks up.

''Hakyeon, can you show Taekwoon where he is going to sleep?'' the Lord asks when he looks at Hakyeon. I hand over Gayoon to Dahyun and I tell her that I won't be gone for long. Within these walls, it's less likely that those creatures will come for me and take me again. This place is filled with guards and they know how to deal with these creatures, so it'll be hard for them to take me away again.

I get up and I follow Hakyeon as a sigh of relief escapes my mouth. I'm glad I'm somewhere safe and I hope that I can sleep properly, because I don't want to be scared at night. I don't know much about vampires, so I don't know when I should be awake and when I should be asleep. I hope that the training will help me to understand my darker side and I hope that I will become motivated to look for all the other answers that I still need.