* 십구

The Real Me

A while later, the cloth is removed from my eyes and I blink with my eyes multiple times to get used to the dark room that I'm in. The only light that I have now, is light that comes from a candle. I also notice that I can't move, as my ankles and my wrists are tied together. My arms are tied behind my back against a pole, so I can't do much actually.

''Finally, you're in our possession. You shouldn't be living among those humans that are supposed to be our meal. I don't think that your dad would like it to see you living with our meal.'' one of the Raveners says and I try to see where this voice comes from, but the candle light isn't giving me much vision to see who is talking to me. But why are they seeing the humans as food, when I'm partially human? They will never get to the point where they want me to be at, because like Miyeon said: I will be in a dilemma with certain situations.

One of the Raveners start to laugh and some start to streak through my hair. I still can't say anything, as I still have something in my mouth that prevents me from talking. Another Ravener comes close to me and I can sense that by hearing someone breathing next to me. The worst part of the Raveners is that they have dressed themselves in full black outfits, which makes it hard for me to identify who they are and with how many they are here. Shivers run down my spine in the mean time and I start to panic, wishing that everything is over soon.

''Daejung will be thrilled to hear that we found his son. It's a shame that he never has seen his son grow up to the young man he is. Quick, you better bring the news to him!'' the first Ravener says and I feel a lump in my throat. Are they talking about my biological dad? Maybe being locked up in here isn't that bad when it comes to getting the answers I need, although I know that they won't turn me into a fullblood vampire. I am partially a vampire, so their mission is doomed to fail. I stll hate it to be partially a vampire, but I can use it in my advantage now. One of the Raveners gets up and runs away in full speed, while the others remain around me.

''I hope that we're not dealing with any obstacles while turning him into a fullblood vampire, we need to show him why he belongs here.'' the first Ravener continues after a few seconds of silence. My mind is completely blank, because I know by now that they can read my mind. I can't let them know what I think, but they soon will find out that they are indeed going to face obstacles. I'll let them struggle, I'll keep my mouth shut. But deep down, I know that I want to go back to the Cha's. They have accepted me for who I am, although I wasn't ready to accept myself. I still can't actually, but that's for later. I need to talk to my supposed dad first, I need answers.

For the next few minutes, I can sense that they're scanning me from head to toe. According to them, I have been living under their radar for so long and they now saw their chance to get their hands on me. In the mean time, I can feel that I'm hungry. I just am not sure if I need blood of if I need human food, but I won't get the latter one since the Raveners are convinced I'm fully a vampire. My stomach hurts from being hungry and I start to bite on my lip, as it starts to hurt. One of the Raveners gets up and says that he is going to get some blood for me, since he has sensed that I'm hungry, before he walks away. Then I realise that I still have my necklace on, which helps me to keep myself under control and it helps me to walk in the sunlight.. If the Raveners find out about my necklace, they are going to pull it off for sure and then I am completely losing control over myself.

''So, I heard that you have found my son huh?'' another unknown voice says and my eyes widen. Wait, is this the man who they claim to be my dad? Hopefully I'll be able to figure out where my mum is and who she is. I still don't trust this actually, I still don't know if this man is actually my dad.

''Yes, he's here. We caught him earlier today, as he was with some humans. He has been living with humans for his entire life.'' the first Ravener says and I can hear a sound of disapproval coming from this guy named Daejung. Some pair of footsteps come closer and in seconds, a hand is brushing through my hair and the fingers go down my face shortly after. 

''Oh my, he is indeed my son. I am delighted by knowing that he is still alive and that he is healthy.'' Daejung says and his hand stops at my heart. I wonder what he is up to, as I still haven't seen his face. But that is changed soon, as Daejung turns on a small light and I am able to see his face better. He looks like a guy from his early 30s, but I'm sure he is much older than he looks like. His hair is in a long black ponytail, as one of his eyes is covered with his side swept bangs. Daejung smiles when the two of us make eye contact and it doesn't take long before he pulls me into a hug.

''I am so glad that you're back in my life, I always wondered where you were at. Maybe it wasn't that bad to let my vampires come after you. Where have you been all this time?'' Daejung continues and I still can't talk, since my mouth is covered. Even if my mouth wasn't covered, I still would refuse to talk. I don't want to talk right now. Daejung removes something from my mouth and I immediately my lips to make them wet.

''Are you really my dad? If so, why am I like this?'' I ask and Daejung starts to chuckle, before turning his face away to tell the Raveners to leave the room. He wants to spend some time with me, just the two of us. They seem to accept his request, because they get up and all the Raveners leave the room. So it's just me and the man who claims to be my dad.

''Taekwoon, I am your dad. I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of this, but at least I'm glad you're still alive. I am sorry for all the misery I put you through, I'm sorry for being absent in your life. But leaving you with the humans was the last thing I could do, since I knew that the vampires would kill you. I know about the real you, I know about you being partially human. But I kept it a secret from the vampires here, because I didn't want them to hurt you. I know that the vampires here are against humans and I knew that they would kill you if they would find out that you're partially human. Thank goodness that you're still alive.'' Daejung says and wraps his arms around me again. 

My head is a complete mess right now, because I wasn't expecting to find my dad like this. But why are the Raveners so different from him? Who is my mum? I have so many questions that I want to ask and I still don't know if I can trust him. I feel abandoned by my own dad and I feel betrayed. I want to leave this place. Daejung smiles and continues to brush his hand through my hair once he lets go of me again.

''I know that you're having so many questions and I'd like to answer them for you, but I first want to let you know that you won't leave this place. I won't let you go back to the humans again, I think it's better to keep you here. I have missed so much of the time with you and I want to catch up with it.'' Daejung responds as his facial expressions seem to change to devilish. In my response, I start to cry and I start to scream in fear. The last thing I want is to stay here. Daejung scoots closer and I can feel his cold breath against my skin, which results in shivers running down my spine. I don't trust anyone here and I don't want to die here. I refuse to believe that he is my dad, I refuse to believe that he is a vampire. He must be a demon, there is no way possible that he is an actual vampire...