* 네

The Real Me

As night has fallen in the city, Dahyun and the others prepare to go to the festival tonight. Like my dad told me to, I have to stay inside. And to make sure I can't leave the house, he chained my left ankle to the wall. Until this day, I hate it that my dad has to do this. But the worst part of it all is that my mum isn't here, because she usually would be here to comfort me. Tonight is different, mum is missing and she isn't here to comfort me.

Gayoon doesn't care that she has to get dressed for the festival, because she sits next to me and refuses to leave my side. I was 15 years old when my mum told us that she was expecting twins and it was weird for both me and Dahyun to become a big brother and a big sister after such a long time, but both Honggi and Gayoon were welcome to the family ofcourse. Gayoon is attracted to me the most, which surprised me a lot actually. My mum had explained to me that Gayoon saw a strong person in me and that she wants to become just like me, Gayoon wants to become as strong as I am. Well, I hope that it will turn out that way for her.

''Gayoon, come here! We need to hurry.'' Dahyun says as she enters my room. Gayoon wraps her arms around my leg and holds me tight, hoping that Dahyun will leave her alone. Dahyun makes her way to Gayoon and Gayoon cries when Dahyun tries to separate Gayoon from me. 

''Gayoon no!'' Gayoon cries and I just let it happen. I can try to hold her here, but my dad doesn't want that. I understand he tries to protect me by keeping me here, but I don't understand the reason. I feel like they're keeping something from me, I just can't seem to figure out what. I hope I'll figure it out one day, because I want to know why I can't live a life like Dahyun and the twins live. I am not allowed to go to activities like a festival or whatever the activity may be. 

''Gayoon, come on. We can't be late okay? The Lord is waiting for us, he wants to meet you like all the other kids.'' Dahyun says as she pulls Gayoon away from me, resulting in Gayoon crying out loud. I know that Dahyun doesn't like it to do this, but she wants to be on time. I sigh as I pull up my legs and I wrap my arms around it, my chin resting on my knees. I'm old enough to explore the world on my own, yet my father holds me back from doing that.

Once everyone is ready, they quickly make their way to me and they give me a hug one by one. But right when my dad comes in, I can see a certain look on his face that I can't seem to recognise. It does make me feel worried to be honest, but I don't know what to do. I'll let it pass for now, because I need to see how this will turn out.

''Stay here Taekwoon, it's not safe for you to go out. I don't want anything to happen to you, which is why I can't take you with me and the rest of our family. We lost your mother already today, so I don't wanna lose you too.'' my dad says and I sigh, while turning my eyes to the floor. I just can't believe that my dad doesn't want me to have some fun, he protects me for no reason. Nothing is going to happen, he doesn't have to worry for now.

Right when my dad wants to kneel down, Dahyun starts to scream and cry as she enters the room. The twins follow her and both me and my dad look with a confused look at each other, since we have no idea what is going on. But if Dahyun and the twins cry like this, something must've happened or something is about to happen. My dad breaks eyecontact as he looks at Dahyun, I follow soon after. Gayoon and Honggi immediately run to me and wrap their short arms around each of my arms as they kneel down while crying.

''The Raveners are in town and they are looking for someone like Taekwoon. I heard them say something about him, but I couldn't hear exactly what they said. In short: They are going to kill everyone who holds any information back about him.'' Dahyun tries to talk and I look at my dad yet again. What? Why are they looking for me? And why now? There's so many questions I want any answers on and no one is able to answer them. 

My dad gets up and pulls the twins away from me, who start to scream and cry even louder. He looks at Dahyun as he hands the twins over and pushes her out of the room. I still can hear him say that they have to go to Dahyun's room and hide there, so that he will stay with me. My dad then returns to my room and rushes to me, as he takes my hand in his while he kneels down next to me. I have so many questions to ask, but I can't seem to open my mouth and ask them. I just can't.

Right at that moment, the door is kicked in and I can hear them all growl. I can't hear how many Raveners just entered our house, but there are a lot in here. I can hear Gayoon and Honggi cry and Dahyun trying to calm them down, but it gets worse when the Raveners are in their room. I wish I could go there, but I can't go anywhere. I am chained to the wall, so there is no way for me to escape.

''Where is he?!'' a low voice growls and while the twins start to cry, Dahyun tells them that I'm in the room next to theirs. I know that she doesn't want to die and I know that she tries to protect herself and the twins now, so I don't blame her. And within seconds, the Raveners are standing in front of me. They're dressed in black garbs and their faces are very pale. Their eyes are red and they have two teeth that are quite sharp aswell, I don't know if those sharp teeth have a name. 

''Finally, we're going to bring him home. The long lost jewel.'' one of them says and I look in complete panic at my dad. What are they talking about? Who are they? My dad refuses to look at me, but I can feel his hand shaking. He is trembling for sure, but he doesn't want to show his fear in front of them. I finally see a face of these coldhearted creatures which have killed so many innocent lives and I will remember these faces for the rest of my life.

A burning feeling is coming up and it gets stronger. I start to scream, but it turns into a growl not that long after. I start to breathe heavier and when I look at them, they start to laugh with an evil tone. I don't know what the heck is going on, but I am about to become scared of myself. For some reason, I can smell my dad's blood. It has a certain scent and I can't seem to resist it. I want to look at my dad and to taste this blood, but I don't want to.

I get up from the floor as I let go of my dad's hand, but the chains around my ankle are still those that I can feel. I start to growl and start to kick them away from me with just one foot once they start to run towards me. I then seem to grab one of them with my right hand and I pull this Ravener closer. Out of the blue, I sink my teeth in his neck and I start to rip open his neck. I need to protect my family on all costs and I am not coming with them.

''Let's go, let's leave. We'll try again next time.'' the 'leader' says and I sigh out of relief when the Raveners leave the house. I collapse on the floor shortly after that and I stare at the floor, not knowing what is going on. What just happened? What is going on with me? I feel my dad's hand on my shoulder and I immediately look at him, seeing a comforting look in his eyes. Why isn't he scared of me? I just turned into a monster in front of my own dad. Why isn't he calling me such names? Did he already know what I am?