* 하나

The Real Me

1879

Jung Minhyuk sat in a tree as he looked at the poor girl that was tied against a tree. It was in the middle of the forest and she was scared because of the darkness, but no one would hear her cry for help. Her father had just been killed for a crime he didn't commit and so he had to die. Her mother was going to locked up in prison and her brother was killed instantly, because he tried to defend their father. The poor girl against the tree was going to be sold as a state gisaeng, but she refused. So in order to feed the wild animals in the forest, they tied her up against a tree in the middle of the forest where no one would hear her cry for help.

Minhyuk was in a debate himself, because he wanted to help her but he also couldn't. Minhyuk would be a monster to her if she saw who he really was, but she had nowhere to go. So if she accepted his help, she had to stay with him. Even if he was a monster to her, she had no choice. Minhyuk read her mind and he could tell she was really scared. He wasn't going to let her tied up against this tree, because it would kill her and Minhyuk believed that this was exactly that those idiots wanted. So Minhyuk jumped out of the tree and it ofcourse scared the poor girl, Minhyuk walked in slow steps towards the scared girl and he quickly placed his hand on when he was next to her, to prevent that she was going to scream.

''Shh, I'm not going to hurt you. I'll take you with me and I will provide you shelter. Don't be scared.'' Minhyuk whispered as the young girl softly cried. She felt the cold hands against her skin, but she blamed it on the cold night. She never thought that someone would be here saving her, because people were treating her like a disgrace to their village. Minhyuk used his strength to set the girl free from the tight ropes that nearly cut into her skin. He could tell that she was weak already, because she fainted into his arms right after she was set free from those ropes. Minhyuk was going to take her with him, but he had to do everything he could to keep his other side a secret from her. People weren't aware of any mysterious creatures that lived in the forest and Minhyuk had to prevent that this girl would share with the people that monsters like him were alive. However, no one would believe her story.

Minhyuk picked her up in bridal style and took her with him to his shelter, which was not far away from this place. It was hidden for the human eye, so this girl also would never really know how she could identify the place where she would open her eyes after passing out. Whatever this girl was going to see was something no one would believe from her, she would be called delusional. If she would decide to leave Minhyuk after finding out the real him, but Minhyuk started to like her. He wanted her by his side, but he was also preparing himself for when she would leave. It was something he didn't want to think about it, but it would happen if she would know why his skin was always this cold. He also was more pale than she was, but she never could see that at night time. 

In the far back, he heard some voices coming to the place where the girl used to be tied up to the tree. He wondered if those people started to have regrets for doing this to her, but they were too late now and she was save with him. Minhyuk had learned that it would take some time for her to wake up, so he would wait for her to wake up. He wanted to provide her a life she couldn't have among the people, since they would call her a disgrace or anything that might sound like it. Minhyuk had observed the humans and came to a conclusion that if people were doing something that was against the law, people would be called a disgrace and be treated like that. Never in the time that Minhyuk was alive did he see something like that.

Once he arrived at his shelter, he brought her inside the guest room and Minhyuk softly dropped her on the bed as he took a seat on the bed next to her. Minhyuk was going to take it slow with her, because both were complete strangers to each other. But Minhyuk was going to let her know that she was save with him and that he wasn't going to judge her the way the people in the village did. The more Minhyuk looked at her, the more he felt something change on the inside. He started to like her and he wanted to have a future with her, but that wouldn't happen most likely. This poor girl would find out about his true form and run away from him, or so she could try. Minhyuk over her face and a faint smile appeared on his face. She was beautiful and he could imagine why she didn't want to be a gisaeng, but what other life was she able to live?

Minhyuk had to bite on his lip to prevent that he was going to drink from her, since her blood was calling for him. But if he would give in, she would never be able to trust him. Minhyuk didn't want fear to take over him, because it would be the end of the story if he did so. He had heard so many stories of any creatues of his kind who gave in to fear and they now have become the most dangerous out of everyone.

It took the girl quite a few minutes to gain consious and she became scared of the environment, but she was scared the most of the one next to her. Since she didn't know who he was, but she started to remember when she saw the man's face. He saved her from the tree where she probably would've been tied to forever if she wasn't saved by him. Even though she was scared of her savior, she had to be thankful to him. He saved her and now she was hoping that he would let her go the sooner the better. 

''Are you okay?'' Minhyuk asked her, but he didn't get a response from her. She was too focussed on the cold hand on her cheek, since it was still cold even though they were inside. Was he even human? She didn't know, but she was in a debate on whether or not she wanted to know who he really was. Minhyuk was going to keep this a secret to her, he wasn't going to tell her right now. However, his body thought otherwise as his fangs were showing and his eyes turned red. He had to drink from her and there was no way he was going to let her get away with it. In the time the girl screamed, he pinned both of her wrists into the matrass and he climbed on top of her. 

''You're mine.'' Minhyuk said in a lower voice and it was then that his fangs sank into her neck. She was going to become like him, but he first needed to drink from her. He was thirsty and he wanted the blood now. The gorgeous girl kept screaming underneath him, but Minhyuk didn't care about that. He would keep her here and by using hypnosis, that would work.

A/N Here's the first chapter of The Real Me. This chapter is similar to how Gu Family Book starts off, which is the K-Drama that inspired me for this drama. I hope you guys like it.