* 이십 일

The Real Me

Then, the Raveners come in and their faces are covered. I look into their direction and anger is rising up inside me, because they are responsible for torturing my village. Daejung seems to know what I'm feeling, because he places his hand on my knees while whispering that I should calm down.

''Guys, please reveal yourselves. My son here finally knows the truth and now he wants to know who basically traumatized him for life. Oh and for the record... my son isn't a fullblood vampire. He is partially a vampire.'' Daejung says when he looks at the Raveners. None of them says anything and they also stand motionless on their spot, but a few sigh just a bit later. They slowly reveal themselves and shivers run down my spine when I see them... they were just regular vampires with permanent red eyes and permanent fangs. So basically their eyes don't turn into a different color and their fangs don't return to their original size.

I growl when I look at them, but the Raveners don't move and don't say a word. It seems that they don't like it to show themselves to me, but they have no choice since their leader ordered it. I from Daejung to the Raveners and my anger hasn't disappeared one bit. Daejung and the Raveners have been lying to me all this time and I never felt this cheated before. Now I need to find my mother to find closure. If I find closure, I am able to return to the Cha's and live my life there. But one thing is for sure... I will continue to live forever and Hakyeon will die at some point in his life. Wait, did I just mention Hakyeon? Do I truly like him now then? 

''Guys, explain why you had this mission. I want to hear from you why you were after him and why you wanted to turn him into a fullblood vampire? How many times have I told you that your mission would fail?!'' Daejung raises his voice when his eyes are locked with the small group of vampires who haven't left their spot. Instead, they have lowered their head and stare at the floor. They may be intimidating, but they are still vampires who follow orders from their leader. But I still don't get it why they were after me in such a terrible way.

''Master, we're sorry for our actions. We must have misheard you when we overheard your conversation. We heard how desperate you were to reunite with your son, but we must have misheard everything you've said. One of those bits was that your son isn't a full vampire and we wish we could express how sorry we felt.'' one of the Raveners speaks up and I have reached a point where tears stream down my face out of anger. Daejung tries to comfort me by telling me that it's gonna be okay, but I scream at him in response.

''No it won't be okay! These idiots killed my adoptive mother for no reason and you seriously thought that I would come to you if I tried to come and get my mother? Why did you have to kill so many innocent people just to get me here? You have no idea how much I hate all of you, since you bastards don't feel any emotion. There is no way that I want to stay here with you bastards, because I will never forgive any of you for the damage that my life got!'' I scream through my tears and I drop my head to cry the hardest I have ever done. After all these years, I am face to face with the killers who are responsible for my mother's murder.

Daejung sighs in disappointment when he looks at the Raveners, who didn't leave their spot for one bit. None of them raised their head one bit to speak up against their leader. They called him 'master' right? Did Daejung create them or something? I still don't trust Daejung and I really wanna go home, but Daejung won't let me. He said himself that I would never leave this place. I don't care what it takes, I wanna go home.

''This is why I would never approve all of you to start a mission on your own. I know that we can't feel proper emotions, this is something I would never approve. You have killed humans without my permission and you also took the life of an important figure in my son's life, who raised my son when I couldn't myself. I knew that you threatened Taekwoon to come for him and to kill him, but I would never approve it to make humans believe you would turn him into a fullblood vampire when you have heard that he never can be one. I am extremely disappointed in all of you, but I also am disappointed in the vampires you have convinced to help out with your mission. You are responsible for the broken relationship between me and my son!'' Daejung lashes out at the Raveners and I can sense that they feel extremely embarrassed. 

I turn my head away and I just let the tears stream down my face. I don't want to see the faces of the Raveners, or better said: The vampires. I now have most of the answers on why my life is such a mess, but I still need to know where my mother is and if she is still alive. Only then, I am able to have closure and only then I can decide whether I accept myself or not. Even if I continue to hate myself, I still have to accept myself as I am immortal. But can I turn Hakyeon into a vampire then? I am partially a vampire, so I don't know if I am able to do that if I want to turn him. However, that is something I want to figure it out myself. I definitely won't ask anything to Daejung anymore, because he has humilated me severely. I need to ask mr. Cha about this, because he managed to identify that I was partially a vampire.

Out of the blue, the door is being kicked in and the Raveners are being thrown across the floor. A whole army of soldiers is entering the room and the Raveners start to growl, but can't do anything. It's like as if they lost any feeling in their legs. Daejung gets up and demands to know what is going on. Then, Lord Cha is entering the room and I turn my head into his direction. A feeling of relief is going through my body, because he is going to take me home.

''What is all of this?!'' Daejung raises his voice and wants to rush into Lord Cha's direction after getting up from his chair, but a few guards block him with their spears. Another guard is coming towards me and unties my wrists and my ankles, before pulling me up from the chair and taking me with him. Daejung looks at me, but I have turned my head away from him already.

''We are here to take back what you took from us, no further explanation needed. Oh, one more thing. As soon as we close this door, you won't be able to leave this room. You have no reason to take away the one who we see as our own son.'' Lord Cha says and one of the guards stabs Daejung with his spear, before all of us leave the room and close the door behind us. I have no idea where I am at, but I soon realise that we are under the ground. I still can't believe that this is actually happening, but I'm glad that I won't have to live among Daejung and the Raveners for good.

''My Lord, I don't know how much I have to thank you for saving me. You don't know how terrified I was.'' I share with the Lord, who smiles in the time that we make our way outside. Fortunately, there is a carriage waiting outside and I am asked to enter first. I accept that invitation and I take a seat, before the Lord takes a seat next to me and we leave the spot. I believe I was in a dungeon or something, since it was quite dark over there. This torture didn't have to last any longer, because I don't know what would've happened to me if the Lord didn't step in to take me away and bring me home. The only answer I still need to find, is where my mother is and why she hates me so much. But for now, I can't wait until we're back home so that I can hug with Hakyeon again. Because I need that hug right now.