Angel or Devil

Together Even Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Angel or Devil [/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

You shifted awkwardly in your seat as you eyed the letters on the table. You were sure they had put two and two together and figured out that you were planning to run away. But why? They didn't know that. They were dying to ask questions, and perhaps rip through the letters to find out the reason, but it seemed like they were restraining themselves because of the older man in the room who remained standing while the rest of you were seated with your heads hanging low.

"Miss Lee Juri, could we begin with you explaining what we ran into?"

"Ye-yes, mister..." you trail off when you realize that he hadn't introducted himself yet. "Hwang. Call me Mr. Hwang. I am their manager. Sorry our first meeting had to be in such circumstances. Well now, please continue."

"Mr. Hwang, you may be aware of my age", you start off catiously as the boys looked keenly at what you had to say to excuse what you had just attempted. "They are about to debut soon as Tomorrow X Together, and me, an opposite of their age living together with them as their caretaker... I didn't think that it would be good if it ever makes it out to the public. I have heard from my friend how harsh the society can be when it comes criticizing celebrities, especially idols who depend on the public appeal. I thought it would be best if I left silently before they make their debut..."

You look apologetically at them, and they could not hide the disappointment. Though they knew where you coming from, it was true that it would never sit right with the netizens if this was ever revealed, they hated the fact that you had just tried to run away without a proper goodbye. They thought they deserved a little more than that, since you had grown so much closer to them in the months you had spent with them. 

"I am so sorry, boys." You faced them, biting your lip out of guilt, "I don't want people pointing fingers at you because of me in the future, ever. I know how much you have worked hard for your dreams and I know you deserve all the love in the world. I would hate it all to go to waste because of a nobody like me." You smile bitterly.

"Juri, you're not a 'nobody'. You know how much you mean to us." Soobin states with a firm tone, the confidence in his words only clench at your heart painfully.

"We appreciate the thoughtfulness, Miss Lee. But it seems like your worst fear came true before you knew it. A female staff threatened to reveal this very information to the public."

Your jaw drops as you feel yourself tremble. Taehyun notices and immediately takes your hand in his to calm you down. "W-who?" You thaw at your brain, wondering who it could have been. You had only been to the agency a handful of times. And you always took the back door where Soobin would pick you up and take you to the closed practice room... except one time, the first time you went to Big Hit...

"The receptionist saw you walking in and meeting Soobin at the agency with lunch boxes apparently," Mr. Hwang confirms your suspicion as he pinches his nose bridge. You did remember her giving you the stink eye.

You are absolutely devastated at the thought that you had ruined their career before it had even begun. Before you know it, your eyes are pooling with tears, blurring your vision as you keep you line of sight on your lap.

Huening has already handed you a glass of water. You take a gulp to try to keep the sobs down.

"Miss Lee, please calm d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter