Chapter Four

The Fate of Cheaters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My stomach curled up as we were in the final Q&A and I was in the top 5. I never thought I’d managed, Sehun kept coming back and forth backstage to see me. He gave me off a proud smile every time I achieved something, he would remind me to take deep breaths and that he would still be proud of me regardless the results. Kyungsun, on the other hand, was smiling from cheek to cheek beyond proud and satisfied of our performance, as Jungkook and I made it to the top 5.

We were 5 pairs competing for the title of Mr. and Ms. Yonsei, for us females it was me representing the College of Medicine, Chaeyoung for the College of Dentistry, Yuna from the College of Engineering, Soyeon from the College of Music and Jimin from the College of Liberal Arts. As of the guys, it was Jungkook for the College of Medicine, Mingyu for the College of Law, Jonghyun from the College of Nursing, Hangyul from the College of Life Science and Biotechnology and Eunwoo from the College of Science in Education.

“You got this, Jinae!” Sehun reassured again as he left to take a seat to watch me for the final portion. The man was coming back and forth to give me a few words of encouragement every time a portion was done. My heart fluttered but all I was now, was dead from nervousness.

 

Sehun didn’t come backstage after the final Q&A making me more nervous as ever. We went back on stage and I couldn’t see anyone at all at the crowd due to the lighting. They had an triggering music as the background which made me more nervous, they were announcing the results. Why aren’t they calling my name? I looked towards Jungkook once he was announced to be a second runner up. Maybe, this is the end of me, I should have added a little more to my answer if the bell didn’t have to ring.

“Second runner up from the ladies is ,” Just say my name, so I can wear my flats. “Ms. Engineering!” This was a moment of my life where I wanted to hide in a cave. I felt that burden again, I was carrying the name of my college and as well the burden of being the muse of one of the top make up artist.

“Who would be the next crowned Mr. and Ms. Yonsei? Can I get a cheer from the supporters of Mr. Science in Education? How about Mr. Law?” The emcee went on forgetting how nervous I was, well all of us in fact.

I glance over and spotted Mingyu who stood tall in his full black suit, a white long sleeved shirt with in, an eye catching detailed bow tie and hair neatly pulled back as he was against Eunwoo, another lad who stood probably around 1.83m tall in patterned floral suit, white dress shirt inside, a classic black necktie and a silver chained embroidery which was placed in the middle of his tie making him look like an ultimate prince considering his soft male visuals.

I wanted to step down but I was already holding the hand of Chaeyoung, who was wearing a silver evening gown as well, but hers was a mermaid shaped with a plunging neckline. There were silver diamonds on her top part while the low had fringes and her long rose hair was wrapped in a messy low bun. Meanwhile my silver evening gown was well, I could barely breathe. It was a fitted gown, that hugged my body, it neck was square but it had a v shape cut on the middle of my ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter