Chapter Thirty : THE FINALE FATE

The Fate of Cheaters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Long time no see, princess.”

 

The deep voice that I was once used to hearing every single day, finally spoke. Its been two years and I find myself standing in front of him again but this time it was different. Kim Taehyung was different to be exact.

His eyes that once shone brightly and filled with joy were now compared to nothing. They were now instead sad and empty glass like. He didn’t have those high full cheeks that lifted when his famous box smile was on and this couldn’t go unnoticed, his voice as well sounded weak this time, not the joyful manly voice I was used to listening at.

Taehyung’s overall physique was weak. His collarbones were more visible than they were before. He lost a lot of weight to be exact but his fashion sense remained. He wore black slacks, a plain white t shirt and a gray cardigan than hang on his shoulders.

I weakly smiled at him and greeted him back, I wasn’t sure how was I going to react, so I continued standing awkwardly there.

Before he could proceed on starting a conversation, he places his right arm in front of me, pulling me to the side as when a nurse came running as she pushed the patient ,who sat on a wheelchair, forward.

I quickly excused myself for a second, leaving my white coat to my locker and grabbing my oversized black suite and my wallet.

“Let’s talk outside.” I cleared my throat , earning his attention and lead the way outside. We were out of the hospital at the waiting area.

 

“I am sorry of what had happened.” He apologizes as he had his eyes glued on the ground. “Are you free for some coffee?” I heard him ask.

Coffee. That’s where it started, where it was supposed to be some coffee and building a friendship but it turned into more.

“I have a surgery to observe later, I’m sorry.” I said, probably the longest sentence I ever said. He nodded in response and we were back to silence. How do I escape? 

“Are you seeing someone?” He suddenly asks, probably wondering why is it that I was distant, why the Jinae he was expecting wasn’t running into his arms.

I smiled, “Yes, I am actually.” and this time I was prouder than ever, where I could even brag to the world I had a boyfriend. Taehyung silenced but he manages to respond with a weak smile and nods instead, suddenly feeling a bit more awkward.

“How are you and Jisoo?” I break the ice, not knowing how to lead the conversation.
He shook his head before verbally responding, “I asked her back again that time but things just weren’t going well, so we parted our ways.”.

Taehyung immediately run back to her once I declined him, well that was probably expected being the selfish guy he is.

There was nothing else I could say, so I excused myself to proceeded to leave and before I could do but I stopped upon hearing his words, “I loved you, Jinae. Everything was real. I still-”  I hear him mumble.

I also loved you, Tae. I loved you even if it was wrong, but if I loved you this time, would that be right? We loved but we were hurting each other, hurting others. It was enough. Enough is enough.

 

“Jinae!”

Another deep, warm and masculine call our way and we both spot the tall male with ash purple hair dressed in a dark blue plaid suit, a plain white dress shirt the hang a long black neck tie paired in black shoes. 

“Hi, Ae.” He smiles, reaching us, giving me a light half hug. He then smiles small noticing Taehyung, and I take it as my cue to introduce them to one another.

“Taehyung, this is Jung Jaehyun. And Jae, this is Taehyung, an old friend of mine.” I introduce them to one another. Jaehyun finally meets Taehyung personally this time. Not in a back view form but face to face.

Jaehyun was still by my side and this time we were happy this time. We had recovered from all toxicity.

Jaehyun then sticks out his hand formally introducing his self, Taehyung stares at it for a while that made Jaehyun shot me a worried look as if asking if he should just pull back his hand. But eventually he felt the respond, as the lad opposite of us introduces himself.

“Uh, I think I should get going. It was nice meeting you.” Taehyung’s faint voice continues and we nod.
”It was nice meeting you too. We should also get going, right Ae?.” Jaehyun being the friendly man he is, responds and his arm naturally find its way on my shoulder. “Taehyung,” He then acknowledges.

Taehyung scans Jaehyun from head to toe for a while, acknowledging him back before he finally turns his back, ready to proceed his way. But before he does leave, this time he was the one who stopped in his tracks as I call him out.

“Good bye, Tae.”

This time it was for real. I turned my back and proceeded to leave, ready to give a final end to this chapter.

Taehyung doesn’t look back but tilts his head, nodding, “Good bye, Jinae.” and just like that he walks away.

“That went well.” Jaehyun says, still watching Taehyung walk down to his car.
”I guess it did.” I chuckled.
”I’m proud of you, Jinae.”

Jaehyun suddenly nudges me, gaining my attention. “I bet you a hundred that he must have thought we are dating. He seemed pretty sad scanning me.” He nods towards his way. Eyes still glued on Taehyung's back, I knew he was thinking that I was with Jaehyun. I knew him too well, by just staring at his face.

“Right, I guess he is. But I know he can start a new.” I smiled. Because I knew Taehyung, I know he can and he will. Maybe this time, I believed that he could find his happiness.

Not even getting a hum as a respond, I frown only to turn to see him smiling somewhere. My eyes trail towards the way, he was smiling at and I spot Chaeyoung. The tall, elegant, rose gold haired goddess from the Dentistry department. The Park Chaeyoung that I was up against during my Ms. Yonsei days.

Chaeyoung was shining as she bid her little patient good bye, reminding him about the importance of having healthy teeth or something. The little boy waved his s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter