Chapter Twenty Eight

The Fate of Cheaters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YEAR 2022

I was finally on my 6th year, my final year for med school. I am both excited and nervous because it was our final stage, where we could determine if we were to pass or not.

The sixth year was the clinical year, where we were exposed to the hospital and be doing the basic jobs. Last year was where we did have clinical rotations, we spent 14 days in each department and it certainly was full of seminars and observership. We basically assisted taking the patient’s anamnesis or patient information, blood samples and performing examinations.

We were in groups, 5 members in a group, and we basically learned how to work as a team. Throughout that year, I took interest more on surgery than the other branches.

So here, I found myself practicing for surgery, with a keen eye on cardiac surgery. Sojin on the other hand, was in a different department, the pediatrics, while Jungkook was in the internal medicine.

I wore my lab coat and walk towards the office of Dr. Byun, the youngest surgeon in the hospital. He was the one in charge of us interns. With his easy-going and light personality made our team’s life easier, not to mention he talked a lot, which was a good thing since they were related to medicine most of the time.

My shift today was till 5PM, but my day just begun and there were already patients coming in and out by just 8:45 in the morning.

“Park Jinae,” I heard my name being called by Nurse Lim. I paused to turn, making my way towards her before I could properly and greet her.

“Are you free? Dr. Kim asked if you could attend to him for today, it will be a graded one.” She says.

The surgery of Dr. Byun didn’t start till after lunch and I was on stand by today in case of emergency, so I did have time for the oral test.

I nodded and changed my direction towards Dr. Kim’s clinic. In surgery, it was a rotation just like in General Medicine where you had to spend 2 weeks in each departments but it was just that this time every thing I studied was under surgery. Dr. Kim majored in General Surgery while Dr. Byun majored in Cardiac Surgery.

 

Before I could even knock, I saw Sojin slightly pissed and Dr. Oh following behind with a loud laugh, “I don’t tolerate cheaters, Ms. Sojin!”.

I was amused at how Dr. Oh was teasing her, well since they were under the same department and they were mutuals before even meeting in the hospital, they could have gotten closer.

“May I remind you, Dr. Oh that my friend is dating a lawyer.” I chuckle when he suddenly straightens up by the sound of my voice.

He coughed, “Who said I was interested in your friend anyways?”. Sehun placed his hands in his lab coat, “You’re being nosy, Ms. Park. Aren’t you supposed to be here for Dr. Kim?”.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter