Chapter Sixteen

The Fate of Cheaters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The line was silent but I could hear his breathing, maybe he didn’t even want to talk to me. Maybe he got his self some senses for him to give me up. Maybe he was actually moving on.

“What?” I finally hear him speak and with just that word, it was as if he spat on venom something he never did before. Every time I’d call even after the break up, his voice would crack and sound hoarse from all the crying but this time he sounded like a new person.

“I uh--” I stuttered, not any single word coming out of my mouth but instead he beats me to it, leaving me in total loss of words, “Called me to tell me about your new man?”.

He scoffs at my silence but I do not talk, I muffle with my tears. How does he know? Sojin couldn’t possibly tell him and I knew she wouldn’t even we had fight. Sojin wouldn’t betray my trust.

“Jae, I-”
“Tell me, do you enjoy being someone’s side chick? Do you enjoy the name of another girl’s boyfriend?” He spat with a few cracks heard on the other side of the line. His words hurt, but even if they did, it was the truth. He was nowhere close to being wrong because I was actually Taehyung's side girl. It was as if he was dating me because I was actually physically with him.

I felt evil by my actions and my conscience was beginning to eat me up. How did I turn into this person?

“TELL ME, JINAE!” Jaehyun riases his voice but he cries louder, “How was I never enough to you, Ae? Am I not enough that you have to go cheat?”

I cried, shaking my head even if he couldn’t see me. He was enough, he was more than enough that it was my loss I had lost him. I should have listened to him and took action when he was right about Sehun, the man liked me but I did nothing but like him back instead. It was as if I was never contented.

I had already cheated on Jaehyun once before and I admitted it to him, but he accepted me still otherwise. I was a toxic person, but he was immune to it and he was the only one who could handle me.

It felt as if I was having a taste of my own medicine, how everything I did was now giving me a consequence and if this was the medicine, I didn’t want it. It was bitter. I hated it.

“I’m sorry, Jae. I only happened to love him.” I cried and through the other line I heard him scoff.
“Love? It took me a year for you to say you loved me back while he, who you have met for a short time, you already love him? Is this some sort of joke Jinae?! Do you even know what does love even mean?” He choked before I heard him sobbing.

He had a point, how did I happen to love Taehyung in such a short time? Love wasn’t something you could just throw around but this is how I felt. I felt love for Taehyung even if it was wrong.

I kept apologizing but he kept ignoring me for whatever I was saying till I finally heard him sniff, “No. You should be apologizing to the people you are unknowingly hurting.”.

 

And just like that, he ended the call, leaving me feeling alone tonight. What will I do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter