Chapter Five

The Fate of Cheaters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don’t know what was it but my mouth wasn’t doing its work on talking. Here I was trying hard to not make any noise or like my breathing be heard since I was being that little shy girl who is out on a date with her crush. I continued walking along with him as we made our way to a restaurant. Our hands were brushing against each other and my heart was pounding, I never held hands with him nor he tried to hold mine.  But even they brushed each other, he showed no reaction, keeping a straight face ahead.

I glanced at him, Sehun’s side view was one. Fair smooth skin, short eye lashes, tall nose, small plump pinkish lips, a chiseled jawline. His smooth black undercut made him look like a god. Part of me wondered how did he made it through med school without looking haggard? Meanwhile I stood beside him looking all haggard. I saw his Adam’s apple bob up and down and his cheeks were high moving, not realizing he was chuckling, “Maybe taking a picture will do you good?”

I looked away, clearing my throat before giving my respond, “You wish I did.”. Sehun laughs my comment before stopping in front of the restaurant, letting me enter first before he does.

We proceeded towards the stairs and as I try to sort things out of where we had arrived, it was a rooftop cafe. The interior was superb. The ambience was really cosy with greenery all around, a cabana hut and fairy lights, which could have been best when it was night. We proceeded towards the table that had the best view of the city, which its view surrounded old-fashioned houses. The weather wasn’t so warm nor that cool, that made it perfect even when there was a hanging white cloth hanging above us.

Sehun pulled the chair for me before sitting down across me. I was still in awe by the aesthetic of the cafe. The surroundings were exotic. “Do you like it here?”, I looked at Sehun, who was smiling from ear to ear, before I nodding at him.

“Yeah, how did you find this place?”
Sehun’s shrugs as he leans in, “That is if you are an amazing person then you know amazing places.”, he winks. Cocky. That’s what would probably come out from Sojin’s mouth if she had witnessed this.

“Keep on dreaming.” I scoffed at him while he chortles back.

A waiter approached us and handed us the menu. I stared along and noticed it wasn’t a Korean cuisine, despite having ‘Seoul’ part of their name. The restaurant served authentic Thai cuisine. “I’ll work with the food, pick a drink you’d like.” Sehun says and I did as I was told. My ears didn't like the way he had spoken since it sounded more like a demand to me but nevertheless I did so.

My eyes spot mango in one of the beverages and I immediately told Sehun to add that before the waiter leaves the two of us alone. “Its my pleasure to sit with Ms. Yonsei.”
“Should be. I’m busy now a days but I had time for you.” I went a long with him and he chuckles. The man across was so admirable but his cockiness should be fixed because to be honest he sounded so high of his self at a times. Bragging about his rank when he had graduated, some times exaggerating his lessons, like, it's cool how he adds more for our knowledge but not till he adds his famous line after, "Never mind. That was a basic thing here in med, you should have known that.". That's why Sojin didn't and doesn't want to vibe with him.

“Where do you plan to apply for your residency?” He asks me and I had no second thoughts on giving an answer, “Thinking of Samsung Medical Center, not sure if I'd apply for SNUH.” Despite Seoul National University Hospital being one of the big 5 hospitals, I was having doubts about it since I had the title of Yonsei.

He scrunches his nose when a big smile appeared on his face, “Guess I would be seeing you often in the future as well.”. My face reddens by the mention of ‘future’ , did that possibly mean he included me in his plans for the future as well?

Once our orders arrived, my eyes travelled to the four drinks placed in our table. Was it because someone was joining us or was it like a freebie?

“Let me cut this for you.” He says as he grabs his utensils, slicing down the steak before placing some on my plate. There were different variety of foods from the juicy Thai beef steak, king prawn pad thai, green mango salad, crab & corn fritt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter