Chapter Twenty Four

The Fate of Cheaters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I already got us dinner. I’m on my way back, mom. What is it?” Jaehyun was coming back from his trip to the restaurant, picking up dinner. He suddenly stops in his tracks, spotting a pair just outside the apartments. Spotting the familiar fur friend along, he already knew it was Jinae with Lucas and probably the man’s back belonged to Taehyung.

He scoffed at the sight, he was witnessing. Another lost for you, Jaehyun. He thought to himself, as he watched Jinae pulling away from the lad.

“Jaehyun, are you there, honey?” He finally comes into his senses, hearing his mother’s voice on the other line. Jaehyun hums response and agrees to her orders.

He closes his phone, shoving his cold hands into his pockets. He breathes out, with a cool puff in view, sparing a last look at the pair. Thankfully he wasn’t that close nor that near, so he doubted he earned Jinae’s attention.

Jaehyun lets another sigh before heading back to the market nearby to get Jinae’s favorite snack, just like his mom ordered, since she will be joining them for dinner.

 

The night fell and Jinae had already arrived at the Jung’s residence. Jaehyun noticed she was abnormally silent, seeing her hug her knees close to her chest. But this time, he didn’t ask her what was wrong.

“Here, you go.” He handed her the hot cup of tea, before heading towards the TV stand and grab the remote.

The two were alone in the living room, spending some the time together, like his mother requested. As silly as it was, Jaehyun’s mom was lending a hand on helping the two make up. She pushed through this dinner, even if there wasn’t any occasion to celebrate on. Meanwhile the elder Jung couple, where on the study or the second floor, working hard on not disturbing the two.

“Jae,” Jinae calls in a small voice for his attention. The male hums in response, turning on the TV. Jaehyun wasn’t in the mood as well, but he didn’t want to worsen hers.

“I met Taehyung today.”

Jaehyun didn’t see this coming. He thought she’d keep it to herself but here she was admitting it. Taken aback, Jaehyun turns to face her but she was still in the same position, staring into nothing. “Oh, is that so?” He clears his throat, making his way to sit beside her.

Jinae finally comes back, and looks at Jaehyun’s side view. He looked soft and gentle as his eyes were glued on the TV across them. “Yes, I did.”, there was a small pause but he remained quiet waiting for her to continue. “I’m letting him go, Jae.”.

Ears perking at what had come out from , Jaehyun’s expression remains neutral but he turns to look at her, nevertheles

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter