Chapter 10

My Sister’s Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The graduation ceremony for the senior class of Velvet High was crowded, with many families and friends coming to watch as the seniors passed a huge milestone in their life. While Taeyeon had invited Wendy to go with her and the Bae family, Wendy has rejected her sister's offer in exhange of going alone. For some reason, Wendy wanted to experience being alone as she saw Irene for the last time in what is going to be a long time. She wanted to be free to let her emotions show on her face without someone checking on her worriedly every five minutes like the four wenrene captains had been doing the past week after her confession. She appreciated the fact that they were worried about her and wanted to make sure she was okay, however, she believed that heartbreak was something that is done alone without any restraints that might stop you from relieving the hurt you're feeling.

 

As Irene's name was called and she walked across the stage to the many accompanying cheers from the crowd, Wendy felt that same ache in her chest again.

 

'It's probably going to take some time to not react to her name,' Wendy thought. She knew not to try to hope for the older girl's presence to not affect her too, for that would be impossible. 
 

After the ceremony ended and the graduates were swarmed by their families and friends for congrationlations and pictures, Wendy made sure to stay in sight of Irene while still not being close to her. When Irene cocked her head at her in confusion, Wendy only shook her head with a smile before singaling her to come over after she's done.

 

A hundred pictures and a few stray tears later, Irene finally made her way over to Wendy, her cap and gown creating a mature aura around her that fit her. She had a smile on her face that told Wendy she was truly happy about her attendance. 
 

"What, did you not greet your future in laws becuase you embarrassed that you didn't bring me any flowers?" Irene as she reached her arms out and tugged the younger girl into a hug. She really was grateful for Wendy's presence here, after all, the blonde made up a large portion of Irene's memories in highschool, and graduating without seeing her would have felt incomplete. She was also worried, because she too noticed Wendy's reclusiveness the past two weeks, and wanted to make sure that her rejection hadn't hurt the girl too much, after all she was only trying to be truthful with her.

 

"Unnie, do you really think I didn't bring you anything to celebrarte your graduation?" Wendy replied as she returned the girl's embrace by wrapping her arms around her waist. She once again felt that ache in her chest, but ignored it in favor of hugging Irene for the last time in what would be a probably long while. 
 

"You did?" Irene replied bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter