Chapter 23

My Sister’s Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first step that Irene took in her plan of making Wendy swoon for her was sending her home almost everyday after school. The first time that Irene did it, Wendy had almost walked right past the older girl, having been busy talking with Sejeong. But of course, she could never miss the person who has holds a piece of her, and Wendy had a whipsplash turning back to look at Irene who was leaning on the gate while staring at her amusdly. 
 

"Joohyun unnie? What are you doing here? Did something happen to Taeyeon unnie?" Wendy shot question after question at the raven haired girl, going through possible reasons why she would be here and coming up with worst case scenarios.

 

"Taeyeon's fine, Seungwan. I'm just here to take you home." Irene replied, turning slightly and offering a bow to Sejeong. "Hello, I'm Bae Irene, Wendy's promised." Irene introduced herself with a smile.

 

"WHATT??!! Unnie don't say things like that lightly!" Wendy exclaimed, a blush stealing over her cheeks as she slapped Irene's arm.

 

"Promised huh?" Sejeong said amusdly, "So she's the girl you rejected me for. I'm not going to lie, Wendy, my pride is hurt." She friend before meeting Irene's eyes and introducing herself, "Kim Sejeong, a friend of Wendy's, sunbae." 
 

Despite not hitting it off romantically months ago when Joy introduced them to each other (despite many tries from Sejeong), she finally had an answer to who occupied Wendy's heart. She shook her head at the humor of Wendy and Irene still being involved with each other even after Irene had gone to college. After all, practically the whole school had given their condolences to Wendy on the first day of senior year, telling her that she had a good run and that someone else will come along that will make her forget about Bae Irene. Appearnlty, the two of them seem to be going strong, so maybe distance does make the heart grow fonder, Sejeong thought amusdly. 
 

"I'll get going now, Wendy, see you tomorrow." Sejeong told Wendy as she stepped away from the couple.

 

"Oh, Sejeong, we can still walk you home, it's no problem, right unnie?" Wendy looked to Irene, who only shrugged while offering Sejeong a smile, though the younger girl can tell that there was something Irene was thinking of while staring at her. 
 

"It's okay, we can see each other tomorrow. Have fun with your promised." Sejeong teased one last time before walking away.

 

"Unnie, see what you've done with your joking! Now she's always going to be bringing that up." W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter